Marantz PM7000 Reviews

Marantz PM7000 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Marantz PM7000

Marantz PM7000
Marantz PM7000

“Marantz PM7000 has clean power, very low distortion....”

Written on: 28/02/2009 by DUESTER (1 review written)

Marantz PM7000 has clean power, very low distortion. 0.03 total at 8 ohms. Sleek look, top shelf for the price. I am lucky to have had the extra cash when it was time to upgrade the powerplant of my audio system. The MARANTZ PM-7000 was what I was looking for, this is Quality! Only bad point was only 2 channels… Read Full Review

“I bought the Marantz PM-7000 because I wanted to...”

Written on: 04/05/2007 by Gucascante (1 review written)

I bought the Marantz PM-7000 because I wanted to re-initiate my Hi-Fi stuff after 20 years. After my last Pioneer Elite Amp, I was impressed in the audio store with the clean and crisp sound of midrange and higher frequencies, also it sounded good with the bass. I noticed a small button in the front of the panel with the legend "class A operation", when I request information about this feature to the guy of the store he told me that I have to shut off the amp, press the button and restart it… Read Full Review

“This amplifier is one of the best in his price...”

Written on: 14/10/2000 by Eric Hamers. (1 review written)

This amplifier is one of the best in his price category. I've got speakers that don't accept every amplifier. But this Marantz gets everything right. It sounds like your on the stage. Very open, very detailed and a very stable sound. The high tones are bright, and it can produce a very low bass sound. The tones are very quick and very well placed. My speakers come alive for the first time in years. They sound very happy. With this amplifier you can listen for hours without getting tired. Inside… Read Full Review

“Negative rather than Positive. this amp is bit...”

Written on: 29/02/2000 by Jose Ortega. (1 review written)

Negative rather than Positive. this amp is bit overpriced (i think) considering the sound quality produced. The sound's a bit lazy, slow and totally lost the soundstaging (big time!!) It may have the drive since it is 95W but total lost of the sonic to fill the room is totally have to be avoided… Read Full Review

78982_Jon.'s Response to Jose Ortega.'s Review

Written on: 11/03/2003

I don't know exactly where this guy is coming from. If he has a problem with soundstaging, he should move his speakers.
<br>
<br>I may be young compared to any of the other people checking out this product, but I see past a lot of the jive and gimmicks in audio. I don't buy into the whole tweak thing, and I assess a piece of equipment by its specs first and foremost. This thing is a beast, and it doesn't have much at all in the way of distortion. This goes a hell of a long way in bang for your buck. I don't have the cash for a Van Alstine, but there will be a Marantz integrated amp on my rack soon.

115518_Blackmarket.'s Response to Jose Ortega.'s Review

Written on: 14/07/2003

I'll tell you where he's coming from - an amp has a lot to do with soundstage believe it or not, forget moving your speakers - if they're set up in the right place, it's still down to the amp (and source components) to make the soundstage decent.
<br>As for judging by the specs, I don't know, maybe you'll grow out of it one day, but surely you understand that two amps with the same specs can sound completely different and its the SOUND not the figures that dictate what an amp is like. Maybe this will baffle your brain, but a 15 watt amp can blow away a 50 watt one with the right speakers for example.
<br>So listen listen listen if you want to have any kind of respectable opinion.
<br>As for this amp, I haven't actually heard it, so I'll refrain from giving my opinion.

Read 2 Comments