HP Compaq Armada M700 Reviews

HP Compaq Armada M700
4.1
  • Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

Manufacturer: Compaq Computer
Features:
  • Intel® Pentium® II processor
  • 366 MHz, 64MB RAM, 6.4GB
  • 13.3'' TFT, 56K, 10/100, W95
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    HP Compaq Armada M700 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for HP Compaq Armada M700

“great laptop would certainly recommend:)”

written by on 02/06/2010

great laptop would certainly recommend:)

“I had this hp compaq armada laptop for a whila and for...”

written by on 27/08/2009

I had this hp compaq armada laptop for a whila and for the time it was made, it is a very powerful laptop and i think that it is very powerful and fast. The compaq armada M700 i have has 256MB of RAM, 1Ghz PIII processorr, and a 30GB HDD. Overall it is a easy-to-use laptop and it is very mobile. The battery life is excellect even after years of use. It is fast enough to run vista if you make a proper RAM upgrade and it is fitted with an aluminum casing so it is oritected against whatever you throw at it. Although there are some downsides to this product. The ports are not protected, the laptop screen burns out after the screen's service life ends, it heats up very fast, and it looks old. Other than that i really would reccomend this to someone.

“all round i would say the HP Compaq Armada is a good...”

written by eastcoaster187 on 19/03/2009

all round i would say the HP Compaq Armada is a good laptop. it is very fast and user friendly and easy to upgrade. however it seems to over heat at prolonged periods of use once in awile and only one usb port also the track point mouse is a pain but i just connect a external mouse to it so not a biggy. i only payed $160 for mine havent had many problems using it the internet is super fast the cd rom is so easy to pull out and switch devices im currently still running windows pro and would recomend keeping it that way not sure if it would handle xp but its fast the way it is i hope this was helpful would i buy it again? yes as long as it doesnt crash after typing this lol

“I bought this HP Compaq Armada M700 laptop used for...”

written by on 13/01/2008

I bought this HP Compaq Armada M700 laptop used for $150, pretty good price considering this model sold for over $3000 new, came with 700MGH, 574 MG mem, 9HD and it works. I was expecting the thing to be dead so anything above that was a nice surprise. I use it for business. Personally, I wouldn't buy this computer again only because I believe the IBM Thinkpad, would be a better purchase for quality and popularity. But I can't really complain because for the most part, the laptop works and I feel lucky because when you buy used, you really gamble with what you end up with. Only problems are a noisy cooling fan which I plan to replace, the cd player works sometimes and compared to new state of the art laptops, is pretty clunky except for internet which works well.

“Battery life is pretty good, PCmag got 3:18 battery...”

written by on 02/12/2007

Battery life is pretty good, PCmag got 3:18 battery life, I never got that but it's pretty close. Keyboard is acceptable. It's common enough so that the accessories are still available. Would I buy mine again, yes.

“The HP Compaq Armada M700 ”

written by davawt on 18/09/2007

The HP Compaq Armada M700
    Really nice Laptop PC easy to use keyboard, one person mentioned games not running, err I don't think a lappy is the right machine for that anyway?
    I run a Broadband internet connection on it and do all my work as well and have never had any problems. I have external HD's and printer, CD-Writer, Broadband all running and no slow down.
    The bits for this model are now really easy and cheap to get.
    Just get yourself a good (powered) 4 port USB hub as it only has the one fitted.
    With all the new USB stuff now its really easy to plug stuff in and away you go.
    I got my Laptop for less than £200.00 with a 40Gb-HD 256-Ram 500Mhz-chip.
    One thing I have found, I don't like the mouse so got a trackball Brilliant thing.
    Well if you are looking for a good to use and cheap to buy Laptop, look no further.
    Get the HP Compaq Armada M700...

“The HP Compaq Armada M700 is the worst laptop I have...”

written by captainadjb on 09/12/2005

The HP Compaq Armada M700 is the worst laptop I have ever owned! It has about 20GB, which is too small. The graphics card doesn't even have a chance of playing games that are only 2 years old.

Don't buy this machine unless you are prepared to spend loads of money fixing it over and over again! Plus it is very delicate. I already had dead pixels within about a month of buying it!

“The HP Compaq Armada M700 is a great laptop! It has a...”

written by sparrowblack on 30/03/2005

The HP Compaq Armada M700 is a great laptop! It has a very handy multibay where you can slot cd drives, dvd drives, batteries...etc in. It has a large screen which is very crisp and produces a high quality picture. I think the greatest thing about this laptop is: Its so easy to upgrade, your drives slot in and out (inc hard drive), easy access to ram (keyboard lifts off to reveal the ram sticks), overall brilliant quality and fantastic performance!

“I got my Armada m700 used from a Halliburton raffle....”

written by gobbo on 13/11/2004

I got my Armada m700 used from a Halliburton raffle. It works GREAT. It's my full time PC and I have pretty much retired my Desktop. I plan on uprgrading the Hard Drive and CD Drive...

“This Compaq Armada M700 is a super thin laptop with...”

written by maheshwar. on 16/02/2003

This Compaq Armada M700 is a super thin laptop with less weight (~5.5Kg) I guess and excellent performance.
    The only problem was it used to heat up pretty much and i get worried seeing that the cooling fan doesn't rotate. But anyway it didn't blow up. Glad about that :-)