Nintendo 64 Reviews

Width: 26 cm
Depth: 19 cm
Weight: 1.1 kg
Release Date: September, 1996

“The Nintendo 64 had good amount of games but most of...”

Written on: 31/07/2009

The Nintendo 64 had good amount of games but most of the games you got tired of within a day or two and the games are so much more expensive than the other consoles. The controllers are confusing as hell, the control stick gets loose after a while but i did like the durability of the system and the games. The best games like super mario 64 was not for me, mario is too slow mabye its just me because ive always hated mario really but that is basically the only games for it all you see is mario… Read Full Review

“N64 better than PS3, Xbox and Wii”

Written on: 14/05/2009

N64 better than PS3, Xbox and Wii… Read Full Review

“The N64 is definitely one of my favorite consoles, it...”

Written on: 13/08/2008 by homeylova223 (1 review written)

The N64 is definitely one of my favorite consoles, it had great games including Jet Force, Gemini, Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, Majora Mask, Banjo Kazoie and many others. Everyonce in a while I still play just to escape the boredom of some of todays games. If you are looking for a great console of a bygone era with many triple titles pick this one up… Read Full Review

“I remember when I first got my 64. It was one of the...”

Written on: 14/07/2008

I remember when I first got my 64. It was one of the greatest days of my life. I would spend hours playing with it every day. It is a fun addicting system, and it was one of the greatest. One of my biggest regrets was selling it. Throughout the years i have wanted it back, so I traded my friend my ps2 for his 64. It was worth it… Read Full Review

“One of the Greatest days of my life was when I got a...”

Written on: 14/07/2008 by Druwazhere (1 review written)

One of the Greatest days of my life was when I got a Nintendo 64. I would spend hours playing with it. It was my favorite system as a child and still is. My biggest regret was selling it, I still hit myself in the head about that. Not long ago I traded my ps2 for my friends Nintendo 64. It was worth it!… Read Full Review

“For me the N64 was and still is the greatest console...”

Written on: 23/05/2008 by 121mike212 (6 reviews written)

For me the N64 was and still is the greatest console ever released in my opinion. The first day it entered the shops it was far superior to any other console around at the time as far as I am concerned, and it stayed at the top right up and till they discontinued it. I grew up with the n64 so its been a big part of my life and most of my friends lives to. No other console has ever given to me what the n64 did. Over the years of its production Nintendo and other companies released vast amounts… Read Full Review

“I've had my Nintendo 64 since 1996, and it hasn't...”

Written on: 12/12/2005 by OMEGAGODLY (10 reviews written)

I've had my Nintendo 64 since 1996, and it hasn't broken since. I love James Bond 007, and it still works. I can upgrade to an expansion pack, other Japanese upgrades, great games, lasts a really long time. I love it… Read Full Review

“Nintendo 64 is a good system because it's quiet. Lasts...”

Written on: 17/10/2005 by bloodywar (1 review written)

Nintendo 64 is a good system because it's quiet. Lasts long because it uses cartages instead of disks. You can easily play mass multiplayer games without useing a multi-tap like the Playstations. But the only problem is where I live that games are going back up to $25 to $50 each, and the best games like Worms Armageddon is selling for $100 in mint condition and $75 used. And the Sega Genesis is going that way to which plain sucks the big one. And less places are carring the games, I remember… Read Full Review

“The N64 was one of the most eagerly anticipated...”

Written on: 10/12/2004 by TOMLEECEE (121 reviews written)

The N64 was one of the most eagerly anticipated consoles in gaming history. Rumours of a super powerful new console from Nintendo started The Nintendo 64 began Doing the rounds in early 1995, just as the world was gearing up for the Eastern launches of the new 32-bit consoles. Nintendo kept their cards very close to their chest amid all the excitement surrounding Sony and Sega's new projects, and many were sceptical that maybe Nintendo hadn't announced anything because they had nothing to… Read Full Review

“Nintendo 64 - This is the best console ever bar SNES....”

Written on: 18/10/2004 by Takahiro (36 reviews written)

Nintendo 64 - This is the best console ever bar SNES. Buy it now if you didn't before… Read Full Review

“Well Nintendo put down every other system at the time...”

Written on: 11/01/2004 by nodoubtfun (6 reviews written)

Well Nintendo put down every other system at the time cause they used discs and they said load times took too long. Well my N64 games still take a while to load and Look now who finally joins the disc world?? THE GAMECUBE. N64 was a joke when it came out, they put down Playstation and Dreamcast, 3DO, SEGA CD, SATURN,Turbo Grafx Duo, Neo Geo cause they all used CD's for the games. Well they all had better games (at the time) Then Nintendo, and their games didn't cost from $59 to $79 new.(Except… Read Full Review

Samusaran551's Response to nodoubtfun's Review

Written on: 27/03/2005

You are an idiot. N64 is one of the best systems of all time. If they were the same price, I would gladly buy a N64 today (if I didn't all ready have one) over a PS2 or an Xbox. The N64 had a huge number of high quality games. Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Kirby 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Jet Force Gemini, Super Mario 64, Yoshi's Story, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., Star Fox 64, Diddy Kong Racing, F-Zero X, and many more. So, take your stupid review and shove it.

Written on: 26/01/2006

I never said the N64 rules over the Xbox or PS2, just that it has a whole host of awesome games that shouldn't be overlooked by any real games fan.

Psp Fan's Response to nodoubtfun's Review

Written on: 26/01/2006

I totally agree with you, you can't compare an N64 with a PS2. That's like comparing a Model T Ford with a 2005 Mustang. I don't see why you think the N64 rules over the PS2 and xBox because these 2 systems rock!

Written on: 25/01/2006

Are serious? You're comparing your PS2 to the N64?!?! They just don't compare when it comes to pure hardware power - granted, but the games are lame?
<br>
<br>I suggest you get your head examined. Show me a SINGLE PS2 game that shows the inventiveness, design quality or originality of the N64 old guard: eg GoldenEye, Zelda, Mario64, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo, Pefect Dark, Wave Race, Lylat Wars, et al. All of these games were genre defining when they came out and blew the competition clean out of the water. Save for the GTA games and Pro Evo Soccer, please give me an example of an exclusive PS2 game that can lay claim to this?

Psp Fan's Response to nodoubtfun's Review

Written on: 24/01/2006

The Nintendo 64 does have nice games and I think it's a pretty good system. Some of the games still run for about 15 bucks. I've had my Nintendo 64 for almost a year I think but the games I have are lame. The PS2 does rule over the Nintendo 64 and so do the other systems out now, but when the Nintendo 64 first came out its was a very popular item.

Written on: 13/11/2005

Yeah, surely a console should be judged on the quality of its games, not the price of the launch titles? True, games like Turok retailed at £70 in the UK at launch, but the prices soon came into line with the other consoles. The N64 is one of the greatest home systems of all time.

Read 6 Comments

“I've had the nintendo 64 since its earlier days..It's...”

Written on: 06/12/2002 by Jay. (1 review written)

I've had the nintendo 64 since its earlier days..It's a good console, it's quiet, and I'm able to bring it in the car with me when we go on trips. I like how it uses cartridges, but I cant find good ones around anymore. The best place to look for these games would probably be on the internet. I had most of the games, they all ran pretty smoothly. Its also easy to hook up… Read Full Review

“The Nintendo N64 is a really cool console. It had...”

Written on: 10/07/2002 by Andy. (1 review written)

The Nintendo N64 is a really cool console. It had great graphics for its time and still some games like mario tennis, Spiderman and both Zeldas. You can buy the whole console for 35 bucks but the price adds up because the games are just as expensive as PS2 games. It has really fun games like Spiderman, Super smash bros, Zelda, Starfox and many more i couldn't list or it would take up the whole screen. Also, there are still more games coming out (like spiderman). Overall this is a great system… Read Full Review

Rowan's Response to 30100_Andy.'s Review

Written on: 06/01/2004

Truly a wonderful console!
<br>Shame it's dead!
<br>Conker's Bad Fur Day was certainly a nice surprise! The graphics are up to the standard of a poor PS2 game! Brilliantly funny and, I believe, a timeless classic!

Read 1 Comment

“Very good console and some excellent games (eg Super...”

Written on: 27/02/2001 by Peter. (1 review written)

Very good console and some excellent games (eg Super Mario 64). Cartridges are so much better than disks but sadly cost far more to manufacture. Its amazing that the price difference between Sony Playstation CD's and N64 cartridges isnt more. Sony must be really creaming it in… Read Full Review

21641_Rowan.'s Response to 1055_Peter.'s Review

Written on: 29/04/2002

Good on you! N64 is great and still is great with games like CBFD and JFG both by RARE.

Rowan's Response to 1055_Peter.'s Review

Written on: 07/01/2004

It's true in fact!
<br>At the time PS1 disks could be sold at £20 and still make the same amount of profit as £50 N64 cartridges! It just goes to show how much Sony cares about the consumers, not very little!

Read 2 Comments