Pioneer VSX-C100 Reviews

Summary

5.1 Channels
Stereo Power: 30 W
Dolby Prologic Ii
Pioneer VSX-C100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pioneer VSX-C100

Pioneer VSX-C100

“I bought this Pioneer receiver last Saturday as an...”

Written on: 17/07/2003 by Phil. (1 review written)

I bought this Pioneer receiver last Saturday as an entry into home cinema. Having done the tour of specialist shops and having my ear drums explode after several demonstrations of kit costing several thousands of pounds, my main criteria was that any receiver we bought would have to fit into the tele cabinet along with the Philips DVDR880 and the Sky decoder(thus pleasing she that must be obeyed). I thought that it was an impossible task until a visit to Leeds and a look in SuperFi's window… Read Full Review

“For £200 this Pioneer VSX-C100 amp provides a good...”

Written on: 25/01/2003 by Steve. (1 review written)

For £200 this Pioneer VSX-C100 amp provides a good entry into Home Cinema. Combined with Pioneers own speakers however the sound is let down. I would recommend to purchase the amp seperate of any package deal and buy a quality speaker system.
The sound quality through my Sony SA-VE335 speakers is excellent, music reproduction is perfectly acceptable although a separate hi-fi system is still the best choice. Bass and midrange is catered for well and at this price the amp just cannot be beaten… Read Full Review

96990_John.'s Response to 67912_Steve.'s Review

Written on: 12/05/2003

Steve,
<br>
<br>I am considering the VSX-C100-S and DVD-454-S amp/dvd combination, along with the Pioneer S-V40 speaker package (getting a tremendous deal on the package). Are you saying that these speakers were disappointing, or were you using a different set of Pioneers?

112648_John.'s Response to 67912_Steve.'s Review

Written on: 03/07/2003

Thanks Steve,
<br>
<br>I bought the DV454 and VSXC100 and am very happy with them. Got them both for £250 - superb!. On the speaker front, I've decided to wait and save up for a really good setup.
<br>Cheers.

112529_Steve.'s Response to 67912_Steve.'s Review

Written on: 02/07/2003

I gather you have bought the equipment now. I found that the bass from the Pioneer speakers to be somewhat lacking. The Sony option for me was better with a much meatier bass and far better looking speakers. All in with the 454 DVD player this cost me £500 at the time, I guess now you could do the same kit for £425 or less buying online and separately.

Read 3 Comments