Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blood Sugar Sex Magik Reviews

15. My Lovely Man
    16. Sir Psycho Sexy
    17. They're Red Hot
  • Refine your search

“A truly amazing album! I pretty much have all of the...”

written by Taylott on 30/09/2009

A truly amazing album! I pretty much have all of the Chili albums, but Blood Sugar Sex Magic, in my opinion, is head and shoulders above the others. I still listen to it regularly and sit back and admire the classics like Under the Bridge. That song alone got me hooked.

If you are a Chili fan, it would be classified as a criminal offense not to have this album in your collection. The lyrics are amazing, and the tunes and melodies certainly create a defining moment for the Chili's.

Flea on bass is great. The vocals are fantastic. Their albums of recent have felt slightly "softer"? But if you want something a little bit different, go off and dig up their old stuff!

Blood Sugar Sex Magic is a truly awesome album. If you're not a Chili fan, it doesn't matter... go get it!

“Classic. Any truly great band has an album remembered...”

written by carlos777uk on 29/05/2006

Classic. Any truly great band has an album remembered above all other and Blood Sugar Sex Magik is the Red Hot Chili Peppers benchmark that over 12 years ago got me a fan of theirs to this day.

Their earlier stuff (What Hits) got a later airing with me but this album had the timing and the experience and the skill of the band all at the right time. For me, with this album they seemed to finally define what it was they were doing music wise...funky ass flea bass!!

Brimming with classics this album simply has to be in anyones collection that claims to be a Chilli's fan and although their albums since (bar maybe One Hot Minute which was actually a bit harder) have gotten a little softer over time, it's all good.

Anyone wanting to know what the band is about should listen to this before any other album. It's been in my top 5 albums for over a decade 10/10

“For me, this IS the masterpiece of Red Hot Chili...”

written by Pitsburry on 20/07/2005

For me, this IS the masterpiece of Red Hot Chili Peppers. Seriously, the greatest classics are on Blood Sugar Sex Magik. The way that Flea is playing guitar is totally insane, he just seems out of control! The lyrics are pretty good too. Somtimes serious, sometimes funny, funky or rock, this cd reflects exactly the soul of this unique band.

“Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blood Sugar Sex Magik - I...”

written by Robc16 on 06/08/2004

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blood Sugar Sex Magik - I bought this a couple of weeks ago after buying Californication, By the Way, Greatest Hits and Live in Hyde Park. I knew that the older CDs (Red Hot Chili Peppers to this one) were more based on funk, but I never thought it would be this good! I listened to it ten times in a row when I got it and to this day it remains fresh and inventive. In this album, John Frusciante and Flea seem to be more virtuosic in their playing but it still works as well as any of their newer albums! My recommendation is buy it now!!! You won't regret it! P.S. RHCP should not be filed under mainstream indie they are alternative rock!

“Blood Sugar Sex Magik is a great CD, every song is...”

written by Lisa. on 01/06/2003

Blood Sugar Sex Magik is a great CD, every song is great. My faves are Under the Bridge and Sir Psycho Sexy. BUY IT! Its great.