Philips DVD-740VR Reviews

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

Philips DVD-740VR - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Philips DVD-740VR

“As vhs dies out, this unit has been good to dump old...”

written by on 27/11/2008

As vhs dies out, this unit has been good to dump old vhs over to dvd. This has been a great unit, until I watched a friend's beat up tape. It dirtied the, self cleaning ring. Once I cleaned all audio heads and replaced the foam ring, the ticking sound went away, but I need a foam ring replacement for the unit I cannibalized After a while I found dvd viewing to be troublesome

“It was a waste of money, the manual is so hard you...”

written by Chihuahua on 16/10/2008

It was a waste of money, the manual is so hard you need a PHD to figure it out or use it. The machine in my opinion? It's a colassal waste of time and money.

“I'm inclined to never get anything from Philips again....”

written by bjoord on 31/10/2006

I'm inclined to never get anything from Philips again. There is absolutely no value in this Philips DVD-740VR product. Please stay away from it. It's troublesome and you won't be able to figure the half of it out. I used to work for a large electronics/software company and trained hundreds of store employees on how to use electronics for TV and I can't even figure out this!

“On the whole since I`ve had the dvd/vcr although the...”

written by Donal1 on 26/08/2006

On the whole since I`ve had the dvd/vcr although the picture quality is good I could record manually and NOT by the timer.
As for the dvd player the dvd freezes the picture or skips which has become rather annoying and I wouldn't buy an other philips dvd/vcr combi ever again.

“This piece of junk was a complete waste of money. It...”

written by seriksson on 20/06/2004

This piece of junk was a complete waste of money. It has never recorded a video (the only reason I wanted the video part of the combi unit). The manual is next to useless. It is only good for DVD or video playback. My experience with this has left me strongly disinclined to ever buy anything made by Philips ever again.

“The Philips DVD 740VR is not to be recommended. The...”

written by chris1952 on 19/04/2004

The Philips DVD 740VR is not to be recommended. The main problem I have found is that it appears to overheat after only a short while (couple of hours). It affects the DVD playback, causing frequent freezing. If the disc is ejected and reloaded, it will not play at all. The unit has a very poor display on the front panel which doesn't even show the clock or counter. The remote control is not user friendly, etc., etc.
The worst buy I have made ever !!