Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation Reviews

Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation
Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation

“Love it!”

written by caracoldominicano on 29/09/2011

This is my favorite foundation ever , and belive me when i say that i almost have tried every foundation! I recomended it!

“It is best used with Mary Kay time wise moisturiser....”

written by on 14/05/2010

It is best used with Mary Kay time wise moisturiser. It blends really easy and feels very light. There are lots of different shades so you can find an exact match. I love it and would recommend it to anyone!

“My aunt is a Mary Kay consultant, and though I'm a die...”

written by on 08/04/2010

My aunt is a Mary Kay consultant, and though I'm a die hard MAC lover, I decided to give this a chance. I really wanted to love it, but I don't. I do believe that it would've somewhat worked well for me if I had the right color, but she switched my color and sent me something way too light for my complexion. Also, I normally use creme to powder type foundations being that I can apply them with a brush and go, my aunt told me to use my hand to apply this, which to me is messy. Maybe I could've used wedges but overall I just didn't like this and will not be purchasing it againg. It's also overpriced.

“Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation goes on smoothly,...”

written by on 05/06/2009

Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation goes on smoothly, covers imperfections and still looks dewey. Excellent!

“Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation glides on, covers...”

written by on 01/06/2009

Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation glides on, covers imperfections, leave dewy look, and is very very cheap. I would say as good as Lancome's Teint Idole

“Mary Kay Medium Coverage foundation absorbs into your...”

written by Luz Felizzola on 24/03/2009

Mary Kay Medium Coverage foundation absorbs into your skin unlike other products, so the foundation does not rub off on your clothes, feels natural and is filled with antioxidants and vitamins. It also protects against the cells from the damaging effects of the sun. I am 40 and have never been able to use foundation or any other creams because they make me break out, so I was very skeptical about placing their products on my face, but I did and tried them.. To my suprisse my feel felt smooth, not greasy, the color of my face was even, the lines around my eyes where less deep, and the dark circles under my eyes where noticibly whiter. All in one use. I did not buy the products right then at the party byt waited to see how muy face would respond to the products. Well my face cells where very happy and I could tell so I bought the basics. I am using them on my husbands face. He loves the feel of his skin and I like the look of his skin. He also likes to be pampers so this gets me many browny points. Well I hope you try the products they are 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

“I have tried them all! Most every foundations these...”

written by on 18/02/2009

I have tried them all! Most every foundations these days has too much orange or red or does its own color thing rather than enhancing the complexion I have. Mary Kay both covers and enhances. It blends ! It looks natural while it covers most of my flaws. It makes me look a little younger which is wonderful !

“I had Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation recommended...”

written by sunnystar on 03/10/2008

I had Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation recommended to me by a friend and I honestly haven't looked back!

I'm also speaking as a person who has never before worn foundation much, usually because I could never find the right coverage or the foundation would 'white' me out.

Please note you won't be able to buy this in-store, as you can only purchase from Mary Kay consultants (much like Avon). This isn't a problem however because if you go to the Mary Kay website you can find your local consultant (if you don't already have/know one) and get in touch with her directly.

You'll find the product comes in a white 29ml tube with a pink lid at a price of £12.50. This may seem quite a lot for what you get but this will easily last you a good 4 months as a little goes a very long way! You really don't need to apply that much to get a good all-round even coverage.

There are two types of coverage on offer - Full and Medium.

Full coverage is for those of you with normal to dry skin, like mine, if you suffer from dry patches, flaky skin or just generally skin that seems thirsty for moisture then this is the one for you! It not only offers you great coverage but it also hydrates the skin for up to 6 hours!

Medium coverage is best if your skin leans towards the oilier side such as if you suffer from a T Zone etc. It too offers great coverage and controls excess oil for up to 8 hours.

Both products are hypo allergenic and what I found useful is that they're also non-comedogenic which means they don't clog the pores. If you're anything like me this is a miracle because I have extremely blemish-prone skin and very few products on the market offer this benefit which means I came up in break-outs frequently.

The best thing to do is to start off by visiting your Mary Kay consultant as she can match the ideal shade of foundation for your skin tone.

The great thing about this stuff is it offers buildable coverage, so you can start off by applying a light application and build up if you want more coverage. Or if you have a blemish or spot you'd like to conceal you can concentrate the foundation in that specific area by dabbing a bit of foundation onto the area (saving on buying concealer which is great!).

You can either apply using your fingers (some people recommend this as your fingers are warm which allows for better distribution over the face and eases blending). Or you can use a cosmetic sponge which helps to blend in the harder places such as the creases of the nose and around the eyes.

This foundation is great as it sets after about 10 minutes and lasts the whole day. It doesn't go cakey, or peel or crumble like many foundations can nor does it smear off and transfer onto fabrics (unless you fiercely rub of course!). I only tend to need to reapply at the end of a hot or tiring day if I want to head out in the evening but have no time to freshen up at home.

In addition I've found my skin has improved since using this product - I don't get half as many blemishes as I used to and thought I would considering I'm covering my face in foundation every day now!

Overall this product is highly recommended. If you're tired of your current foundation not lasting the mile or working how you would like or fancy a change then I think you should try this next!!

“This is the best foundation I have used, smooth, all...”

written by msmarione on 23/07/2008

This is the best foundation I have used, smooth, all my imperfection covered, makes me feel beautiful and of course my clothes are not messed up and am not worried about messing my boyfriends clothes either. Ladies try this out.

“This is a perfect foundation good coverage and long...”

written by on 07/04/2008

This is a perfect foundation good coverage and long lasting matt affect..great results.

“I have tried everything they have to offer, and the...”

written by jessicalovznick on 15/01/2007

I have tried everything they have to offer, and the medium coverage foundation has got to be my favorite product. If you put the moisturizer on right before the foundation, it comes on very smooth and even. And because Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation is oil free, it doesn't clog your pores, and it leaves your skin feeling extremely soft as if there wasn't even any foundation on your face.

I love it! and I never need to re-apply!!

“I tried both the medium and the full coverage Mary Kay...”

written by FrostyJane on 14/11/2006

I tried both the medium and the full coverage Mary Kay foundations and didn't like either, the colours have a good choice of undertones for all skin tones, but I couldn't find one pale enough for myself. I also found the foundations quite hard to blend, they looked a little too obvious on my skin. They could be a good choice for someone who is used to wearing a lot of foundation which is why I ticked yes to recommend to a friend. I must say I highly recommend Mary Kay Signature concealer for dark undereye circles.

“I love this make-up it's the best thing I have ever...”

written by Dezarae on 19/10/2006

I love this make-up it's the best thing I have ever put on my face. The color match is perfect and there is a color for everyone. You will never believe this but I can even put on up to 3 layers in one day without washing my face and still feel like I am not wearing any make-up. It is the best brand out there.

“I absolutely love Mary Kay Medium Coverage foundation....”

written by hassumdrano on 06/01/2006

I absolutely love Mary Kay Medium Coverage foundation. It's light, absorbs quite readily and keeps you matt all day. I have no trouble with white or light-coloured collars, and what's more, it helps me gain that 'no-make up' yet freshly groomed look all day. My skin is quite sensitive but this foundation has proved friendly to it. I would recommend it for every woman's bathroom shelf!

“The key to this foundation is getting the right...”

written by drog2002 on 25/07/2005

The key to this foundation is getting the right colour. You have to let it dry to get the initial colour, then if the colour. I have combination skin, and no color change occurs on me. some people have acidic skin due to hormones or heredity, and those people may see a color change in any makeup.

Kelly1026's Response to drog2002's Review

Written on: 06/09/2005

where can you buy Mary Kay make-up?

Read 1 Comment

“I love the Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation! It...”

written by marykaylover on 25/06/2005

I love the Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation! It absorbs oil all day for us that have oil slides on our face. Also, there is a shade for everyone with the undercolor of pink, olive or yellow to enhance your beauty! It's transfer resistant, meaning it won't rub off onto clothes.

“Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation matches great when...”

written by lorbas83 on 16/05/2005

Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation matches great when first put on, but by the end of the day, my face was a more different color (watch out for this if you have combination or oily skin!). I have very pale skin with a golden undertone -- even MK's lightest shade didn't work for me. I used to buy it regularly but am now shopping for a new foundation.

“The product is concentrated so that a little goes a...”

written by Luanda. on 14/06/2003

The product is concentrated so that a little goes a long way. It covers very nicely and the best part is that the colors are so natural that you can't tell your wearing foundation. This totally evens out the skin tone without feeling heavy. I strongly recommend this foundation for women who have oily or combination skin because it has oil absorbing ingredients.

“Goes on smooth and has staying power. This foundation...”

written by Amy. on 16/03/2003

Goes on smooth and has staying power. This foundation is very mild, and doesn't transfer onto clothes, etc.

94838_Anna.'s Response to 80330_Amy.'s Review

Written on: 04/05/2003

I agree with this review, I love Mary Kay foundations!

102521_Nancy.'s Response to 80330_Amy.'s Review

Written on: 30/05/2003

The Mary Kay Light to Medium Coverage Foundation is Wonderful. This product is utilized by many of my friends that did not wear foundation, until this product became available. The foundation can be applied immediately following the skin moisturizer application, or mixed with a little moisturizer for a more shear appearance.

Read 2 Comments

“Medium Coverage Foundation is a wonderful new...”

written by gina. on 06/01/2003

Medium Coverage Foundation is a wonderful new foundation from Mary Kay----Medium Coverage is for normal and oily skin and controls oil for up to eight hours. Also available, Full Coverage Foundation for dry and normal skin. Full Coverage provides extra hydration for up to six hours.