Debenhams Reviews

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Summary

Debenhams is one of those shops that you could easily spend a whole day in and refurb the whole if your house if you're not careful! Do you like shopping at Debenhams? Share your experience and create a review to help other customers.
Debenhams - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Debenhams

Debenhams

“The person who served me wasn't too pushy, she is a...”

Written on: 03/10/2019

The person who served me wasn't too pushy, she is a lovely lady who knows about perfume, I went back & brought the perfume from her. she was serving as customer before me & wrapped the gift set very well she seems highly trained & knows her stuff, anyone looking to get a gift go to her she will help.

“amazing thanks debenhams”

Written on: 26/12/2017 by BrittanyOrtiz (1 review written)

Thankyoo Debenhams, my mothers 8o years old, ND we had a fab day, it reminded us of the old days, wen we shopped at joplings, staff on every department were outstanding, cluck ND collect no problems, we've had a fab few days at Debenhams, the store manager was outstanding, thankyoo 5stars,

“dope”

Written on: 08/11/2017 by Gregory183 (1 review written)

great services, worth visiting their stores.

“I am not giving you a refund”

Written on: 07/08/2017 by Mr.Faithfully (1 review written)

I purchased the Easy care suit 5054868825409 from Debenhams Wimbledon. At the point of purchase I paid £99.00. The Easy care suit 5054868825409 is not of satisfactory quality. There is fault with the jacket material. Which was no fault of mine as my wife discovered it as I met her at a wedding reception later that evening. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with Debenhams that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. As they are in breach of contract and and I've owned the product for less than 30 days I am within my statutory rights to ask . When I returned the item, the Store Manager Plainly told me "I am not giving you refund as I have worn the item". After a heated discussion making my plea asking for just for the Jacket to be exchanged which had the fault, he packed my suit away and asked me to follow him thinking that the situation was about to be resolved. As we were walking together, I asked him where are we going? He the replied and told me "I escorting you off the premises and if I did not leave he will call security and you will be charged with an ASBO" I could not believe the way I was treated!! After taking in what was told to me by this rude and unpleasant man, I asked for his name and told him that I will be writing to head office about the whole thing. I await confirmation that they will provide a remedy set out above within 14 days of the date of the letter I have written. Otherwise I will take it further MR.Faithfully,

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Written on: 15/07/2017 by Gunnerr447 (1 review written)

Debenhams invited me to store sale items on mens, when I arrived nothing in stock in the size or sale , rude staff cavalier attitude , stock in sale area but wouldn't honour at till. Rang head office complained male promised the Kings lynn store manager would write to me I requested compensation for all reasons stated time inconvenience public transport fares. Nothing happened,wrote to CEO recorded delivery got a white wash of a letter back. Just sent an e mail to CEO just had a response from another MUPPET all backing each other up & no compensation !! When you upset the customer & make mistakes do the right thing act quickly to the customers satisfaction. Take a look at the JOHN LEWIS way of doing things.

“Lovely store to shop in. They sell really lovely...”

Written on: 24/04/2017

Lovely store to shop in. They sell really lovely dresses that fit well and their lingerie section is exceptional. They also sell really nice shoes that are true to size as well.

“Gift cards - not easy at all, don't even bother buy...”

Written on: 14/12/2016 by ChristineNichols (1 review written)

Gift cards - not easy at all, don't even bother buy any for anyone, you cant use two at once for one transaction and the customer support is not help at all.

“Sending Damaged Products”

Written on: 27/11/2016 by Stokes1991 (1 review written)

Not only did they cancel part of my order after confirming, they sent another part of my order clearly damaged. It was carefully packaged so it was damaged from the store. No good to give as a Christmas present now. Total waste of my time and effort. I will not use Debenhams online service again.

“5* Customer Service”

Written on: 19/09/2016 by ssssandra (1 review written)

Tripp Debenhams Clapham Junction. Lots of fabulous offers and 5 * Customer service experience from a lovely lady. Really happy and highly recommend a visit.

“Debenhams atclapham junction”

Written on: 17/09/2016 by June323 (1 review written)

I am extremely disappointed with the service I received today. Staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. I asked to speak to a Manager and told there wasn't one. When questioned why, They said there is another in a different floor. The ' Manager spoke over me which I did not appreciate. I found her to be condescending and totally oblivious about her unfortunate manner. I WILL not be visiting that store again.

“Terrible Service”

Written on: 08/08/2016 by Willowcourt (1 review written)

Your review: Debenhams should be ashamed... I ordered this bed with a 6 week delivery schedule. I was contacted 4 weeks prior to delivery with a date.. I booked the day off work and by 6pm no bed!! Sadly my old bed had been disposed of!! I contacted debenhams who told me that the bed couldn't be located!! Several phone calls later over several days!! (Sleeping on a blow up mattress!!) a further delivery date planned - waited in all day - no bed?! Lost in transit!! Several more phone calls another bed was ordered and eventually delivered!! Over 10 hours wasted time and cost in phone calls and 3 days annual leave - Debenhams you should be ashamed with the poor service! I certainly won't order from you again!!

“BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Written on: 30/07/2016 by 125Bond (1 review written)

have used Debenhams for years and spent a lot of money there over the years but very surprised at the customer service or lack of it on a recent visit to the branch in Kidderminster. Was trying to return a top costing £40 that was unworn due to being the wrong size but they refused because the tag had been removed - was told this was only ever done at the 'company discretion' whatever that means - who you know probably!! Fair enough if that is company policy but they could at least explain this in a pleasant manner - The chap downstairs was very abrupt and unhelpful and the female manager upstairs equally so! it will be a long time before I bother venturing back in, plenty of other high street stores!

“Beware of loosing out”

Written on: 28/05/2016 by Alba37 (2 reviews written)

As a disabled customer, I rely on online shopping. Twice parcels were delivered open, the first time items were missing, it was never resolved and I lost the cost of the items. Please beware, it wasn't a good experience and left me out of pocket. I have not been able to trust buying from Debenhams since, I can't afford to loose a lot of money through no fault of my own, and the fact I was not helped to sort it out by them, worries me too.

“Waste of time and money ”

Written on: 07/02/2016 by Cochran375 (1 review written)

I went to Debenhams to buy a few new items of clothing but after visiting 2 of their stores with no luck I turned to there online store and found a perfect polo top made by Fred Perry I had been looking for this kind for a while and finally got it. so I ordered it on click and collect and picked it up 4 days later , when I got home I was greatly sadden as there was a large hole in the front which looked like it had been done with the heat sealer so I returned it and went to order another finding they were completely out of stock. so I continued my search and found a Fred Perry shirt so I ordered it once again on click and collect and would you believe it once I got home and opened it there was the same kind of burnt/hole on the shirt. I will be returning the item and am outraged by the service

“Service”

Written on: 04/02/2016 by bkWatson11 (1 review written)

Terrible service from men's formal hire Debenhams want nothing to do with it as they are a cncession

“Poor and racist customer service”

Written on: 17/12/2015 by jwWarren31 (1 review written)

Went to Estée Lauder counter at Ilford branch.lady wasn't there. Went to the fragrance counter after waited for her good 8-10 mins.the reason why I waited there cos I had to exchange the item. Ok I have the right to go to any counter to pay or exchange. The lady at fragrance counter start looking at me suspiciously and took the item and receipt at Estée Lauder counter. Came back 2mins and told me to come with me at the E L counter but the way she was speaking and looking at me it was really annoying and rude. My God I stopped my self cos it was almost school time to pick up kids otherwise I could have go out of her when she said to the E L lady shall I leave her with you. That was the same lady who served me the item which I wanted to exchange. After that I was standing there to pay she went thrice left and right looking at me proper rude way.she was mad or thinking that she is something or what not.a woman who should not be at customer service desk.

“Excellent Personal Service”

Written on: 20/10/2015 by AngieMcCulloch422 (1 review written)

Chesterfield Personal Shopper Jacinta, managed to kit me out in an emeergency situation (drove up from Surrey to visit ill father with only a handbag!) She selected two casual outfits which have taken me out of my comfort zone, but given me a new look. Wonderful. Listened to what I liked, but encouraged me to try some differnt shapes. Never thought skinny jeans and kitten heels would be me...but I get so manycompliments. Thank you

“Whats happened to sizes”

Written on: 12/10/2015

I have been a Customer of Debenhams for years and used to buy most of clothes for them, however over the last few years I can find very little to fit, my size hasn't changed but I find that most items are only now stocked in Regular or short fits, also I find the quality of clothes are much inferior to what they were previously, despite visiting several times this year I have failed to purchase anything as they never have it in anything except reg or short, could not even find a pair of jeans with 38 waist and 34 leg! so I now give up.

“Debenhams East Kilbride ”

Written on: 05/10/2015 by ebReynolds411 (1 review written)

Customer service and staff attitude at this store is appalling. At my second visit to the stores within 2 weeks I once again am unable to find a member of staff to serve me at the tills. The tills are either unmanned for long period of times or there are staff milling about but just ignoring people. Was at 4 different tills before I got served and had to wait for Ages while they filled out cardholder forms for the people in front of me. Staff in this store would not be employable elsewhere as they are not interested in customers seem happy for you to walk out of the store without any shopping and I have seen other customers do the same. Ridiculous way to run a business!

“ Personal Shopper in Debenhams, Limerick”

Written on: 24/09/2015 by Burkebc (1 review written)

I met with the person I dealt with at the Debenhams store in Limerick on Tuesday September 23, 2015. I had booked a 1 hour appointment scheduled for 11am, however, she offered her assistance at 10.30am and gave me approximately 1.5hours of her time. She was so helpful, friendly and knowledgable about what items were available in the store. She wasn't pushy and gave honest feedback about what suited my figure. I bought quite a few items at very good value. I will definitely be recommending her to my friends and family. It made my shopping experience very enjoyable.