Argos - www.argos.co.uk

Argos - www.argos.co.uk
1.7

Summary

Argos Online at www.argos.com is one of the largest Online All In One Stores on the web, here at ReviewCentre we give you, the consumer the option to be able to voice your experience. Good or Bad, whether it's about an Argos.com product, or even an Argos Catalogue why not write about it here at ReviewCentre.
Argos - www.argos.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Argos - www.argos.co.uk

“If I could leave a zero star review I would”

written by SandyGreen1 on 29/11/2023

I ordered an item that hasn't turned up when expected. I waited an extra day, then contacted them, only to hear the vehicle broke down, so the order was delayed. I asked them why I hadn't been informed but got no response. Then I requested that they reship the order, but apparently they cannot, as it has not been marked as delivered. The agent then changed her story and said the item had been damaged in the breakdown, so she couldn't send the original order, so I said, "Well, its been delivered then, as it comes back to you, so kindly send a replacement." How hard is it? They are insisting I accept a refund and buy it again. FUMING!!! Why should I waste my time doing this again when the original order hasn't been received?

“Very helpful staff”

written by Red070509 on 27/09/2023

I had bought a pair of electronic Salter bathroom scales from Argos that now needed a new battery. It was very difficult to remove the very small screws to release the battery so I took it along to the Galashiels store for help. Two members of staff were very kind and sorted it for me. I hoped to mention them name so they got the credit. Is this not possible?

“Their mistake, but they won’t accept responsibility ”

written by CroydonRob on 22/09/2023

I ordered an item from Tu clothing via Argos for click and collect. The wrong item was sent. Even though it was not my mistake, it seems it is my responsibility to sort it out. Apparently they don’t replace clothing items, even if it is their error. I have to return the item myself, wait up to 30 days for a refund and then re-order. No discount or compensation was offered for the inconvenience. It seems that Tu are unprepared to own up to or accept their own mistakes. They also seem to be behaving as if they are the only online clothes retailer - well they’re not and I’m sure there are plenty out there who offer a decent customer service, which is where I will go in future

“My order.”

written by Nedelcu on 08/09/2023

Afternoon guys, please be aware if you want to order something from Argos, I did a order on the 31.08.2023 and I ordered 3 items in the same time with the same orders number…a tv, fridge and washer dryer around 1500£. After 9 days only two of my items they were delivered, the washer, tv and they sent me messages telling me that my order it should be delivered, they didn’t mention that the fridge need a special delivery. I need to mention that when I paid for this 3 items they were in stock and on the site appeared that they will be delivered between 7 days. I just moved into a new property and I don’t have a fridge and outside are around 30 Celsius degrees,I’m very disappointed because I really need this fridge asap and when i contacted them they said that the fridge can be delivered after another 7 days. I paid fully for all the items in the same time with only one order number and I need to mention that in one of the emails it still shows that they will get in contact with me to arrange the delivery for the fridge but nobody did actually call me, so please be very careful when you spend your money on Argos.

“Laptop lost in service, no refund given”

written by Photomic2000 on 04/04/2023

Chromebook broke down within one year warranty period in December 2022. I took it to Argos Keighley where it was bought. Now three months is passed. The laptop cannot be found. I have a paper receipt from Argos, showing that it was left for service at Keighley Argos. When the staff could not find it, they asked: "Are you sure it was left to service here at Keighley?" I just pointed the computer printout from themselves saying "KEIGHLEY". What was the response "Yeah but no but...I dont know".  On top, they claimed that the charger did not have a year warranty so it seems that they are selling grey imports, as all legally imported laptops have a genuine UK charger - which do have a warranty. Just absolutely substandard performance from Argos. My advise: never buy anything electrical from them.

“Tv”

written by Princewilliam on 28/02/2023

Avoid this company at all costs. If you have a complaint there are only robots to answer telephone calls. Bought a tv that was faulty no one was interested. Website rubbish too. Visited Sainsbury’s Argos in Poole personally to resolve problem and still no satisfaction. Few others will give 5 year guarantee on any tv and give an amazing service and no more expensive than Argos Frustration beyond description.

“TERRIBLE FROM START TO FINISH”

written by amelialily on 27/02/2023

ordered a dishwasher on 4th feb full delivery and install paid for for 14th feb NO SHOW phoned them to be told it was not out for delivery and had been sitting there for 2 wks arranged delivery and full package to come 25th feb between 10am to 2pm night before got text saying will be delivered between 3pm and 5pm got to 5.30 got text saying 5 minutes they arrived at 5.45 last drop bought the dishwasher in put it in living room took 1 look at the gap for it to go in and said he could not install because a clip on plinth explained i could get my neibour in to unclip that as im disabled he said no i have not got time now. i then said take it back i have had enough he said he will not do that either . asked him to take old 1 away he did, was not there more than 3 minutes.i now have a dishwasher in my livingroom not even in the gap.i phoned argos and all they said is they can refund me £20 for not installing. the driver was rude and had no intention of delivering the service i paid for.I WILL NEVER USE ARGOS AGAIN . i should of gone to a reputable electrical shop DO NOT BOTHER WITH THEM . SHAME ARGOS

“Non delivery”

written by Swanseabeach on 15/02/2023

Informed today my fridge freezer would not be delivered until the 21st after waiting in all morning. Can't get refund back in my account until the new delivery date. I'm fuming and disgusted at their attitude. Apparently it was not booked in. I'm disabled and a Pensioner so this is vital for me. Will not be shopping with you again. I ordered in store so no excuses.

“Not what I expected ”

written by Roberts386 on 08/02/2023

I ordered a Argos Home Three Heated Airer on the 23/1/2023 ,and I am a full time carer for my husband and son, and I am very disappointed the bottom drying shelf has broken,

“No game code in box”

written by MacKaycr329 on 29/01/2023

Bought a Lego switch game as part of a pack. Would not return it due to the game not having wrapping on it. The game was in a box with a case so it would not have. I asked them to open on on shelf and they refused. Then they told me to contact Argos online. They said it could not be returned as it is a digital download but that is not mention in the returns policy. They agreed that is was not but still would not accept any responsibility so just kept the money and now we have a game that is useless. Really need to looks at returns policy on the website as it does not line up with what is in the product description.

“Not available, still waiting for refund”

written by DuggleBB on 20/12/2022

Wish there was a 0 stars Ordered a matterss cover on line for click & collect.Next day received an email stating "Hi Customer, We are sincerely sorry to advise that the Fast Track order you recently placed was not successful and as a result your item(s) will not be available in-store for you to collect. A full refund will be issued which will require no further action from you. If you haven’t received your refund in 7 working days, please contact your bank. If you have any questions please visit Argos Help where you will find answers to many frequently asked questions, product information and all our full contact details We apologise for any inconvenience." Please NOTE: " A full refund will be issued which will require no further action from you. If you haven’t received your refund in 7 working days, please contact your bank." Nearly 3 weeks on, no refund. After a fight with their Chat service was advised the order HAD NOT BEEN CANCELLED, did I want it cancelled. Having confirmed cancel, told it would be a further 5 days (at least) before refund MAY BE received. Seems a reguar complaint on their website, more than happy to accept payment for items they don't have BUT very reluctant to refund when it's their fault! Perhaps they should have to pay a penalty fee to customers, that would speed things up!

“DONT BUY XMAS GIFTS FROM ARGOS”

written by JourneyLong on 19/12/2022

Do not order your chtristmas gifts from argos. They are unable to deliver them. I placed an order on the 18th for delivery on the 19th december, i have stayed in all day and the order has not arrived. Having called argos they cant confirm why it wasnt delivered (blamed the snow but there is none as it all melted yesterday, its 13 degrees outside!) or guarantee when it will be redelivered. They then placed me on hold for 25 minutes while they went to find out but never returned and just ended the call. I dont know if i will get it in time for christmas and have precious lttle time to reorder. The support staff member i spoke to was extremely apathetic and clearly did not care about argos custmers at all, obviously placed me on hold then hung up on me intnetionally. Frustrating experience all round. I will pay £10 more and order from john lewis next time.

“sold but not delivered”

written by Lia427 on 10/12/2022

they promise a product online ,after I bought ,they didn't delivery and asked me if I want to cancel the order. Always promise a delivery date but I still waiting ,now showing they hv in other Brach ,but i need to purchase it again and cancel the other order after 5 days. avoid buying online from Argos too much hassle not worth.

“Great company”

written by soozie6 on 27/07/2022

I have nothing but great things to say about Argos, always an affordable option with a decent range to choose from whatever you're looking for. If I've ever not been happy with a product there has never been an issue returning it. I have only dealt with Argos stores in the Liverpool area, or online. I feel like I can get high quality goods at a fair price when I shop here.

“The store manager Lincoln Sainsbury. We Had a very...”

written by Jairoc141 on 20/06/2022

The store manager Lincoln Sainsbury. We Had a very upsetting experience with this manager over a faulty cleverspa hot tub refund. Argos customer service has opened a investigation on this experience and have apologised refusly on behalf of him and have admitted his awful unprofessional manner. They also said i have a right to a refund as its in 30 days of purchase. They have wrote all this on the order notes. He is still refusing refund after this. He admitted i came in with a faulty product but he has the power as its at his discretion wether he grants a refund or not. When asked why he wouldnt refund even though this is the policy on the 30 days. He says i dont have to give a reason. This should not be happening the way we got treated was harahly unreasonable. Never witnessed that behaviour from a manager ever before. Citizens advice, trading standards, financial ombudsman have now been contacted.

“Dreadful delivery and customer service”

written by J53D on 10/05/2022

Ordered a gold /diamond ring in store for home delivery as correct size was not in stock and was charged £3.95.Recieved a text with tracking number for yodel which would not work bit later received a text stating parcel had been delivered safely whilst being out but could not find package so rang Argos customer service who checked and said it had been delivered to the correct street but they could not identify the number and as no card had been left they surgested I checked with each house on the street to see if they had received my parcel.The following day they text and said yodel confirmed they had delivered the parcel correctly and had been received and confirmed delivery by a person with my name even though I was about 20 miles away at the time so driver had obviously lied ???then Argos even refused to refund the delivery charge totally discussing service and won't be using Argos again.

“If you're shopping at Argos please read:”

written by Sam_701 on 23/04/2022

If you're shopping at Argos please read: Bought Iphone 11 for £924 for my wife back in Oct 2020 (if you're not aware customers are protected under the Consumer Law for 2 years and I am entitled for exchange). The phone is now faulty not recognising SIM card. I have been to Apple store Genius Bar Work Authorisation and they did their diagnosis and attempt to repair it however issue persisted. I have contacted Argos via phone and their dealings with this is SHOCKING!!! I have sent numerous emails to Argos and no response!! • Phone is faulty, issue is no cellular data however when you take the SIM card out and use it on another phone it works. Problem observed Saturday 09/04 • We have factory reset all the settings and restore from iCloud to no avail problem persisted • On 10/04 Issue reported to 3 Network store at High Street Kensington and they advised it's a phone problem because the SIM card works on another phone • On 11/04 been to Apple Genius Bar and problem persists despite their troubleshooting/diagnosis and attempt to repair • On 12/04 around 3:10pm spoke with Imtinan from Customer Service, explained the situation and Imtinan advised that I go to Argos store and they will assist with my problem and that I will be offered exchange or pro-rata refund, however that was not the case and my time was wasted!! • On 12/04 around 7pm been to Argos store at HA4 0AJ as advised by Imtinan, store staff was clueless what to do about the problem and they said phone is out of warranty and referred me to go to Apple! I then spoke with the store manager, who looked up how to deal with this! He then advised me that it will take 3-4 weeks for the phone to be looked at by a third party. However I refused as my wife needs a phone and the timescale is unacceptable for an essential service. • I then left the store and contacted Customer Service again at 19:38, who was apologetic about my experience, however she stated couple shocking things: o If I go to another store I could be treated differently and that the store could replace my phone! So am I expected to try my luck and keep trying different stores! Where is Argos regulations, processes, standards, audits? o I requested to file a complaint which she did and when I asked for the reference she said it's the order number, I asked when someone will look into my case and contact me she said no one and that was a shock to hear! I requested this to be escalated and to speak to a manager, she then put me through to one o She filed complaint Ref 16232239 and to speed things up I can take the phone to repair shop as advised in her email o On 13/04 I have been to a repair centre and they advised that they need to open the phone for them to do hardware inspection/diagnosis checks, however opening the phone will void the warranty and I am not comfort to proceed on this basis. I have replied and chased Argos customer service via emails and no response at all, it's like we don't exist to them! They're very well when it comes to customers spend money but then when we're having product issue they play deaf!! Bottom line Argos customer service lacks professionalism, knowledge of their own policies and standards I am escalating my complaint to the Retail Ombudsman

“Order cancelled 2 days before the delivery day!!! ”

written by OctavianH on 03/04/2022

I’m very disappointed about Argos. I bought an item on the 3rd of March and I’ve received the message with the delivery day which supposed to be 5th of April. Today 3rd of April I have received the message saying that the item will not be delivered because is not on stock. So after one month and with 2 days before the delivery Argos gave me this message . It’s been like the worst message I’ve ever received after I have bought something and after waiting for 1 MONTH to be delivered. I’ve been looking for the item (Habitat Malta 6 seaters) all year along and when it was on stock I’ve bought it in one second but my dream became a nightmare today. Also I had 25% off and now if will be back on stock I will not have the discount so that’s another disappointment. I’m very disappointed and I will never ever recommend Argos to anyone!!! I hope all the management and everyone from Logistic department will read this feedback!!!

“buyer beware regarding returns”

written by ped44 on 15/03/2022

bought an ebook reader but cannot return because the seals on the box where not intact not used just opened the box and now been told by instore assistant and online chat that its company policy even though its return policy seems [not clear] that the item needs to be unused and resellable nothing about an open box, i have spent two hrs on the phone and online with no success. i will complaining to head office and comsumers rights organisations

“Don’t have their delivery”

written by Anne-elk-miss on 16/02/2022

Call from delivery man claiming to be outside and could I come to him (odd!) Went outside nowhere to be seen. Rang him, he acted daft and blamed satnav. In 15 year our postcode has brought every satnav user to our door. He had no intention of delivering, either had too many parcels or wanted to finish early. Completely useless. Sainsburys have ruined Argos

Asked by Becky67 on 22nd September 2023 Report this content
Argos 1.5m aluminum curtain track. Can you use this for a single door curtain?

Asked by Makaton on 2nd February 2023 Report this content
I would like to know from anyone who has purchased the Habitat Salisbury leather Sofa recently to how the leather looks like. Does the leather finish got a shine to it as the pictures in the gallery of the 3-Seater. I have purchased one and it does not look the same as the pictures and from one I purchased a couple of years ago. Yet I purchased 2 back in 2016 and 1 in 2019 and they look the same. This 3- seater sofa leather has a dull distressed look.

Asked by Ben12373 on 6th November 2021 Report this content
If I order something for delivery between 7am-2pm is there any way I can tell them to deliver 8am-2pm?

Asked by Morganhallie on 16th August 2021 Report this content
Product number 200/0943 Manhattan ceiling fan Just moved address and have one of these fans in the room, how do you remove the glass shade to change the bulb please?

Asked by KTCronin on 12th November 2020 Report this content
Twin pack monster trucks 914/8853. Are these compatible with the city ultimate garage?

Asked by Werner1 on 7th August 2020 Report this content
Acer Aspire 3 15.6 Inch Ryzen 3 4GB 1TB FHD Laptop - Black Will this laptop run Open Shot video editor?

Asked by Lewanna68 on 29th July 2020 Report this content
Is the bottom removable on the Argos home 30l rectangular touch top bin?

Asked by Hclark01 on 21st July 2020 Report this content
How many grams of chocolate do I need for the American originals chocolate fountain-silver item 712/2754?

Asked by hdengym on 14th June 2020 Report this content
I bought an electric bike E-plus 27 inch which was just slightly too high for my wife and on investigation found the wheel size printed on the wheel is actually 28 inch. Is the error with your print or with what is printed on wheel? Regards

Asked by priscillahunter on 5th May 2020 Report this content
Can I get spare parts for white extra tall pet gate?  1year old. White plastic bit at bottom where gate opens broken.

Answers (1)
Report this content priscillahunter Written on: 09/05/2020
Does anybody answer the question.
Asked by melaniethiedemann on 4th May 2020 Report this content
Iv just purchased the Canzano 2 dressing table set... someone had already asked the question does the mirror fix on to the dressing table the answer was yes. I’m just wondering how?  There is no screws slots or anything to secure the mirror to the table! If I’d have know this I wouldn’t have got this one!

Asked by Dicoi on 23rd April 2020 Report this content
Hi, on Argos Home Kaycie White Mid Sleeper with Slide (857/1768), what are the size on the legs? 5x5cm?

Asked by superplumb7 on 1st March 2020 Report this content
Which way do you insert a dvd into a HP All in On 22-c0000an computer, with the label or the recorded side towards you. Regards

Asked by Ianzki17 on 5th February 2014 Report this content
I ordered and bought online two products for my baby yesterday, the order went through as Argos send thank you for ordering, unfortunately we cant confirm your order at the moment well send you email shortly, its been 24hrs and I haven't received any email confirmation for my orders. What's going on Argos? Has anyone ever experienced this?

Answers (1)
Report this content wisetocons Written on: 15/02/2014
Hi I regret I am unable to assist with this question. I do not deal with Argos anymore.
Asked by Crowther_e on 10th December 2013 Report this content
How long for jewellery to be delivered in store when ordered?