Argos Reviews - www.argos.co.uk

Summary

Argos Online at www.argos.com is one of the largest Online All In One Stores on the web, here at ReviewCentre we give you, the consumer the option to be able to voice your experience. Good or Bad, whether it's about an Argos.com product, or even an Argos Catalogue why not write about it here at ReviewCentre.
Argos - www.argos.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Argos - www.argos.co.uk

“Great company”

Written on: 27/07/2022 by soozie6 (1 review written)

I have nothing but great things to say about Argos, always an affordable option with a decent range to choose from whatever you're looking for. If I've ever not been happy with a product there has never been an issue returning it. I have only dealt with Argos stores in the Liverpool area, or online. I feel like I can get high quality goods at a fair price when I shop here.

“The store manager Lincoln Sainsbury. We Had a very...”

Written on: 20/06/2022 by Jairoc141 (1 review written)

The store manager Lincoln Sainsbury. We Had a very upsetting experience with this manager over a faulty cleverspa hot tub refund. Argos customer service has opened a investigation on this experience and have apologised refusly on behalf of him and have admitted his awful unprofessional manner. They also said i have a right to a refund as its in 30 days of purchase. They have wrote all this on the order notes. He is still refusing refund after this. He admitted i came in with a faulty product but he has the power as its at his discretion wether he grants a refund or not. When asked why he wouldnt refund even though this is the policy on the 30 days. He says i dont have to give a reason. This should not be happening the way we got treated was harahly unreasonable. Never witnessed that behaviour from a manager ever before. Citizens advice, trading standards, financial ombudsman have now been contacted.

“Dreadful delivery and customer service”

Written on: 10/05/2022 by J53D (1 review written)

Ordered a gold /diamond ring in store for home delivery as correct size was not in stock and was charged £3.95.Recieved a text with tracking number for yodel which would not work bit later received a text stating parcel had been delivered safely whilst being out but could not find package so rang Argos customer service who checked and said it had been delivered to the correct street but they could not identify the number and as no card had been left they surgested I checked with each house on the street to see if they had received my parcel.The following day they text and said yodel confirmed they had delivered the parcel correctly and had been received and confirmed delivery by a person with my name even though I was about 20 miles away at the time so driver had obviously lied ???then Argos even refused to refund the delivery charge totally discussing service and won't be using Argos again.

“If you're shopping at Argos please read:”

Written on: 23/04/2022 by Sam_701 (2 reviews written)

If you're shopping at Argos please read: Bought Iphone 11 for £924 for my wife back in Oct 2020 (if you're not aware customers are protected under the Consumer Law for 2 years and I am entitled for exchange). The phone is now faulty not recognising SIM card. I have been to Apple store Genius Bar Work Authorisation and they did their diagnosis and attempt to repair it however issue persisted. I have contacted Argos via phone and their dealings with this is SHOCKING!!! I have sent numerous emails to Argos and no response!! • Phone is faulty, issue is no cellular data however when you take the SIM card out and use it on another phone it works. Problem observed Saturday 09/04 • We have factory reset all the settings and restore from iCloud to no avail problem persisted • On 10/04 Issue reported to 3 Network store at High Street Kensington and they advised it's a phone problem because the SIM card works on another phone • On 11/04 been to Apple Genius Bar and problem persists despite their troubleshooting/diagnosis and attempt to repair • On 12/04 around 3:10pm spoke with Imtinan from Customer Service, explained the situation and Imtinan advised that I go to Argos store and they will assist with my problem and that I will be offered exchange or pro-rata refund, however that was not the case and my time was wasted!! • On 12/04 around 7pm been to Argos store at HA4 0AJ as advised by Imtinan, store staff was clueless what to do about the problem and they said phone is out of warranty and referred me to go to Apple! I then spoke with the store manager, who looked up how to deal with this! He then advised me that it will take 3-4 weeks for the phone to be looked at by a third party. However I refused as my wife needs a phone and the timescale is unacceptable for an essential service. • I then left the store and contacted Customer Service again at 19:38, who was apologetic about my experience, however she stated couple shocking things: o If I go to another store I could be treated differently and that the store could replace my phone! So am I expected to try my luck and keep trying different stores! Where is Argos regulations, processes, standards, audits? o I requested to file a complaint which she did and when I asked for the reference she said it's the order number, I asked when someone will look into my case and contact me she said no one and that was a shock to hear! I requested this to be escalated and to speak to a manager, she then put me through to one o She filed complaint Ref 16232239 and to speed things up I can take the phone to repair shop as advised in her email o On 13/04 I have been to a repair centre and they advised that they need to open the phone for them to do hardware inspection/diagnosis checks, however opening the phone will void the warranty and I am not comfort to proceed on this basis. I have replied and chased Argos customer service via emails and no response at all, it's like we don't exist to them! They're very well when it comes to customers spend money but then when we're having product issue they play deaf!! Bottom line Argos customer service lacks professionalism, knowledge of their own policies and standards I am escalating my complaint to the Retail Ombudsman

“Order cancelled 2 days before the delivery day!!! ”

Written on: 03/04/2022 by OctavianH (1 review written)

I’m very disappointed about Argos. I bought an item on the 3rd of March and I’ve received the message with the delivery day which supposed to be 5th of April. Today 3rd of April I have received the message saying that the item will not be delivered because is not on stock. So after one month and with 2 days before the delivery Argos gave me this message . It’s been like the worst message I’ve ever received after I have bought something and after waiting for 1 MONTH to be delivered. I’ve been looking for the item (Habitat Malta 6 seaters) all year along and when it was on stock I’ve bought it in one second but my dream became a nightmare today. Also I had 25% off and now if will be back on stock I will not have the discount so that’s another disappointment. I’m very disappointed and I will never ever recommend Argos to anyone!!! I hope all the management and everyone from Logistic department will read this feedback!!!

“buyer beware regarding returns”

Written on: 15/03/2022 by ped44 (1 review written)

bought an ebook reader but cannot return because the seals on the box where not intact not used just opened the box and now been told by instore assistant and online chat that its company policy even though its return policy seems [not clear] that the item needs to be unused and resellable nothing about an open box, i have spent two hrs on the phone and online with no success. i will complaining to head office and comsumers rights organisations

“Don’t have their delivery”

Written on: 16/02/2022 by Anne-elk-miss (2 reviews written)

Call from delivery man claiming to be outside and could I come to him (odd!) Went outside nowhere to be seen. Rang him, he acted daft and blamed satnav. In 15 year our postcode has brought every satnav user to our door. He had no intention of delivering, either had too many parcels or wanted to finish early. Completely useless. Sainsburys have ruined Argos

“Inferior products , poor customer service”

Written on: 31/01/2022 by markaylott (30 reviews written)

Purchased a bush electric cooker from argos , have since found out that argos actually own the bush brand. This cooker came with a one year warranty as standard but sadly the oven on the cooker stopped working after 1 year and three weeks . I had to purchase another one same day as it was needed immediately and after complaining to argos they gave me a phone number for Bush ( which turned out to be only for warranty claims) and then quoted terms and conditions and only one year warranty blah blah. Very disappointed in the bush product, and very disappointed in argos customer service , shall not be using either in the future as the goods and customer service are inferior . I would advise prospective purchasers of these products to shop elsewhere

“Poor service”

Written on: 30/01/2022 by DarkAngel333 (1 review written)

Argos used to be my go-to company, I spent a lot of money with them over the years and I've always been very happy with them but since they seem to be outsourcing their deliveries to other companies such as Yodel they have gone downhill. On My recent order I noticed the delivery charge had gone up by a pound, I wouldn't have minded this had the service remained good but sadly my item was being sent via Yodel. My experience of yodel is that they never turn up, and sure enough having waited in all day my order didn't turn up, I contacted Argos's online chat and was told the order was definitely still coming, I thought this unlikely as was after 8 p.m. and the order didn't come. I contacted the online chat the next day and was told the order won't be coming today as they don't deliver on Sundays, Argos always delivered on Sundays. They said Monday would be the next day which meant me waiting in between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. again with no guarantee that the order definitely would be coming, so I had no choice but to cancel the order, and sure enough my refund will take 5 to 7 working days, even though when I made my payment they took immediately! Doesn't seem very fair after all, wasn't my fault, was theirs. I was offered nothing in compensation for my trouble, not so much as a £5 voucher (which I'd been offered previously on another order) Argos clearly cared nothing for my custom so they won't be getting my custom anymore.

“Rude delivering man”

Written on: 12/12/2021 by RANI2020London (1 review written)

Delivery man delivered 3 out of 5 boxes and when we asked were the other 2 was he said its not his problem call Argos. He wanted my husband to help him with the delivery when I told him he can't leave our 3 year old unattended he said that's not his problem abd threatened to leave our goods worth 350+ on the street. I literally begged him not to do that. And when he finally delivered he only delivered 3 boxes so my son has no bed to sleep on.

“Lost parcel lost 60 pounds price diffrent ”

Written on: 10/12/2021 by Lukasz272 (1 review written)

I order phone from argos it was show i will get it in 4 days it was black friday price 350. After write them 3 times they told me Yodel lost the parcel and they will send refund and i need order new phone. After that price was 409 pounds and i stay with no phones and have to pay 60 pounds more. But this time i will be in currys.

“Customer Service Nonexistent ”

Written on: 08/12/2021 by Norai492 (1 review written)

Appalling customer service. No formal complaints service. I had a failed delivery which was a large set of shelves - spoke to the delivery driver on the day and I apologised for not being home. I explained that I had tried to re-arrange the delivery the evening before but the agent said it was out for delivery and the depot would re-arrange. I heard nothing. Two weeks later I called Argos and was told that the item was marked as delivered. Upon investigation, I was told that the photograph the delivery driver took only indicated the front on my property - no item there. It was decided that the driver had proven he had visited but had incorrectly stated it was delivered and that I would get a refund as it could take some time to locate the item - then I could re-order. I heard nothing and after 2 weeks I phoned Argos (today) and this is what they said: management advised you take this matter legal as you did not contact us about the item since the delivery. They implied that the item could have been stolen. Having spoken to the delivery driver on the morning of the failed delivery who said he would return it depot led me to question their logic. Why should I take it legal if they suspect theft - I need details of their delivery driver to report a suspected theft to the police. See how ridiculous that sounds! They will not provide a refund unlike what they had told me previously. Well done Argos!! You have both my money and the original item.

“What the .....!”

Written on: 05/11/2021 by AvahWilliamson (1 review written)

Letter to Argos Customer Service Dear Sir/Madam, I am wondering if you can help me. The day before yesterday I purchased a rucksack from one of your stores. I asked if I could see it properly and the lady said no because it's in a bag. I pointed out to the staff that whilst I could see the height of the pack that I couldn't see how far back the rucksack opened because it was flat packed and when I received no response I said "well hopefully it should open out enough", as I assumed would need to check myself when I arrived home. I wasn't concerned because I knew Argos have a 30 day returns policy and have used Argos lots of times before and have on occasion had to return items. In order to examine the rucksack fully, I had to remove it from the bag, but it was sealed in such a way as not to be able to remove the sellotape without in some way damaging the bag .Having checked then the rucksack and seen that it was not as I had hoped, I went back to the store and explained what had happened. I was then told that because the bag was damaged that I would not be refunded. The manager suggested that had I cut the bottom of the bag then the item would have been re-saleable, but even in this instance, the bag could not have been resealed because the item was already tightly packaged and would have required the rucksack folded over inside the bag to reseal it. So I couldn't win either way. Please can you help. Regards *********** The response I received was, that it was not possible to overturn the decision of the store. Word if warning, if you are uncertain of a product and cannot be certain of not damaging the packaging then think twice. Argos returns policy states that ... "In line with our returns policy, your item(s) needs to be: • Unused and with all parts • In its original packaging (with the tags if applicable) • In a re-saleable condition" Note here that whilst initially Argos make a distinction between the 'item' and the 'packaging' as being two separate things, when reselling the packaging becomes part of the item. This is not immediately clear. Also, since it is was not possible to examine the item fully without removing it from the packaging and, since the item is packaged in such a way as to make it Impossible to remove the item without damaging the packaging, and since the customer here is the only party liable to be adversely affected in this situation, I feel that the customer should, in all fairness, be made aware verbally, upon purchase, that the item and the packaging are, in this instance, for the purposes of resale, to be regarded as one and the same thing and advised when packaging is designed in such a way that opening it is likely to compromise or prevent it's reuse. Furthermore I was also advised by customer services, having explained the situation, that it was perfectly acceptable to return the item for a refund. Fortunately I was close to the store, someone who makes a longer journey may well have a considerably more unfortunate outcome than I did.

“Bad customer service”

Written on: 16/10/2021 by Dawnpin (9 reviews written)

I have been trying for nearly two months to get a six wheel deluxe folding shopping trolley from Argos, I finally managed to order one, but when I tried to put it together today, one of the Axel's was missing, I contacted customer service and they were not very good, and they insisted that if I wanted to a replacement I would have to do click and collect, even though I mentioned that no one can drive in our house for medical reasons, and we have no transport or support nearby to help us, and a manager is supposed to contact me back but I have heard nothing not very impressed with this situation

“Poor customer service for faulty good”

Written on: 05/10/2021 by mikegregory68 (1 review written)

Bush washer drier my son bought has developed a major fault after 14 months, when turning on it shorts out and trips the circuit breaker. Initially customer services dismissed them but after some social media complaining they specified that an independent report must be gained at their expense to prove manufacturer fault. My son and his girlfriend are both key workers in healthcare and need their uniforms washed regularly especially during Covid. This is very disappointing service from a major company, should do better.

“Appalling customer service”

Written on: 20/09/2021

I bought a pc from Argos on ebay 11 months ago, despite asking for several times never got a receipt, now pc is not working and without a VAT invoice HP will not repair, I  contact Argos via ebay,, like before he tells he emailed, like before I received nothing, said also like before that he would post, never received it, my email is working fine, clearly he has no intention of sending it even though it would take a minute, I ask ebay for help, they say they can't, so I have a £600 pc that I can't use or have it repaired, is that fair? Never expected such service from Argos, there is no one to call, no online chat and no email support either, amazing

“Argos - average goods, appalling "Customer Service"”

Written on: 12/09/2021 by GlennOliver (5 reviews written)

Argos are OK to buy something, average prices, average quality (except for their own-brand items, at least some of which are shoddy quality and don't last). Where Argos are an epic fail is in their "Customer Service" or complete lack thereof when you have a problem with anything you have bought from them. Argos's online systems are deliberately labyrinthine and run you round in circles indefinitely without ever addressing your actual problem. Argos's alleged telephone "Customer Service" deliberately rules out dealing with any problem you might actually have. And Argos have a 100 get-out-of-jail clauses via which they don't honour their alleged warranties on their own-brand goods. Save yourself a world of pain, skip Argos completely and buy instead from one of the many companies that offer decent quality goods and genuine Customer Service.

“Do not buy from Argos - illegal practices ”

Written on: 22/07/2021 by LexiRodriguez10 (1 review written)

Be very careful with Argos as illegal practices and appalling customer service. Bought a Canon Printer from the Selby store that broke well within the warranty period. Abusive staff member refused to refund or replace. Basically faulty product seemed to be our problem. How do companies like this survive that completely ignore retail law and basic courtesy standards. Will be publicising the company and Selby store behaviour elsewhere and raising to senior Directors . Do not buy from these people , a year warranty means nothing and you don’t need abuse from staff

“Stole my money”

Written on: 01/07/2021 by BreannaSoto161 (1 review written)

Order didn't go through but they took my money anyway. Received the refund for payment from my Argos evoucher. 4 weeks later I'm still waiting for a refund from my other gift card. They say they'll get back to me the next day, a week later I'm still waiting for a substantial response. Have asked how I can further my complaint but they keep avoiding the question.

“Failed to deliver twice”

Written on: 11/06/2021 by IsmaelAbernathy309 (1 review written)

We ordered a Bosch dishwasher online which Argos failed to deliver - not just once but twice. The first time the driver called to say he was on his way and asked which floor our flat was on. I told him the 4th floor, then funnily enough 5 minutes later he called back to say he couldn't find a parking space and we would have to reschedule. I looked out the window and advised I could actually see parking spaces round the corner but he said it was too late and he had already left the area! I had to then phone Argos (no-one called me) to reschedule. I got another date for 6 days later but no-one turned up again - this time we didn't even get a phone call from the driver. On both occasions we had were given a 12 hour delivery window - 7am - 7pm and had to wait in for 12 hours each time. After the second failure I had to call Argos to find out what was happening - no explanation was given for the second failure to deliver so I cancelled and asked for a refund which I finally received 10 days later. At no point in any of this did anyone from Argos either phone or email me to apologise. In the end I did what I should have done in the first place - I went to a local supplier who gave me a 6 hour delivery window and delivered several days later. The people I dealt with were friendly and helpful - the exact opposite of my dealings with Argos. This was my first and last purchase with Argos. In future I'll stick to local suppliers who understand what good customer service actually means.