Buy A Gift Reviews - www.buyagift.co.uk

Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Voucher system is terrible”

written by waxyjo on 03/06/2021

I'm gutted. I bought a voucher as a gift for a colleague leaving and there is no issueable voucher, the email looks horrible and I couldn't even put her name on it. I clicked on paypal to check I could use it and by doing so it meant I couldn't go back and write a message either. For a gift (the NAME) of this site, a graphic, attractive voucher to issue to somebody is the least you can expect. Just something that looks like a gift, rather than a shoddy, confusing and impersonal set up that anybody could use.

Buyagift Helper's Response to waxyjo's Review

Written on: 17/08/2021

Hi there, thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear you have been left disappointed
I have passed your comments to our marketing team to ensure they are aware.
Thanks!.

Read 1 Comment

“Poor Website Information ”

written by on 01/02/2018

I brought one of the Super Car adventures as a gift for my son for Christmas. When he put in his chosen cars that he wished to drive. He was told that it would cost an extra £20 per car. At no point was this mentioned on buyagift website. A high speed passenger ride was also supposed to be included in the package I purchased, again he was told that this was going to cost extra. As a single parent where money is tight we were not expecting to have to pay additional costs on an experience l had already paid for. Buyagift needs to seriously review it's website so that a purchaser is fully aware of any additional costs that may be incurred before they buy a product.

Written on: 02/02/2018

Hi there,

We are very sorry to see you have had a disappointing time booking your experience with us, at Buyagift we take all customer feedback very seriously.

We always try our hardest to ensure product descriptions are as accurate and up to date as possible, however if you did want to drive a premium model car e.g. a Ferrari 458 or a Lamborghini Hurracan this will incur a supplement fee to the supplier direct.

We are also sorry to hear you are being charged for your passenger ride, if this was included within your voucher you should not be paying any extra to enjoy it, therefore please contact a member of our friendly customer service team to investigate further.

Please note your comments regarding the extra fees have been passed on to the account manager to look into and see if any future improvements can be made.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you!

Read 1 Comment

“View from Shard & Latium Restaurant ”

written by Kaydie on 07/08/2017

Gift was sold on basis that restaurant was a "short stroll" from The Shard. In fact it's almost 5 miles away completely mis sold

Buyagift Helper's Response to Kaydie's Review

Written on: 09/08/2017

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the gift purchased through Buyagift.

We always try our hardest to make sure that the product descriptions and images we use in our marketing material and on our website are accurate.

We want all of our customers to be able to make informed decisions about their purchases through us, and we aim to include as much information as possible about any possible restrictions or limitations, and this can be found both pre and post-purchase under the heading of 'fine print' or 'Important Information' on each product page. We never intend to mislead any of our customers, and attempt to make all of this information as transparent as possible.

We clearly show two distinct locations under the heading 'view on map' on the product page, I'm sorry if you missed this at point of purchase and in the voucher pack post purchase. The restaurant is also identified in the "Summary" and "Fine Print" against this product.

We do apologise for any disappointment caused!

Read 1 Comment

“London Showboat Cruise 1 Fe bruary 2014”

written by on 02/02/2014

We went on the London Showboat Cruise on Saturday 1 February 2014. The welcome on board was warm and the service friendly, the food was good and well organised but oh dear the music. The agenda promised a 'cabaret with songs from London's famous West end musicals, past and present'. What we got was a crooner who sang various jazzy popular songs, some from musicals but also several Sinatra and Dean Martin standards etc to a recorded backing track. Could have been a lot better. for price we paid would have expected a live band and at least two singers, one male and one female.

“Poor Customer Service”

written by on 04/01/2014

I booked an experience and due to circumstances I needed to change the day of it. So, I called at 12:00 today and the woman said that she would call me back in 15 minutes, I waited and waited and called back asking whether I was going to get a phone call or not, yet again the woman said that I would be getting a phone call just after lunch. Again, I waited and called back - feeling so angry and now the woman has told me that the person I want to speak to is on the phone and I will get a call back shortly. This is really annoying me as it is quite urgent and I have been waiting 4 hours for a simple phone call. Buy a gift, I don't think I will be ordering from you again because your customer service is very poor.

“Disappointing Day at Coombe Abbey”

written by on 30/08/2012

Unfortunately we had to make an advance booking for a day which turned out to be horrendously WET with non-stop torrential rain for the whole day. This did not help matters! The hotel car park stated 'FOR RESIDENTS ONLY' and was enclosed by a barrier. We parked at a pay & display in the grounds and had to walk quite a distance through huge puddles, being splashed by passing cars. Upon reaching the reception early we were informed that we should have parked in the hotel car park after all. We were then told to go straight through to the bar even though I pointed out that we were too early for the appointed time. That was no problem we were assured, but upon presenting our voucher to the waiter we were rudely told that we were 35 minutes early and had been misinformed. This was quite embarrassing and did not make a good impression on us. We felt things could have been handled much better and the parking arrangements should have been made clear to us in advance of the visit. Having said this the afternoon tea was truly delicious, especially the scones, and the staff were polite and pleasant. A shame about the misinformation and bad attitude of the waiter!!! Our visit ended with us trekking down the long drive to a flooded car park resulting in soaking wet clothes for our drive home, still through driving rain and spray. Obviously no-one could be blamed for the weather but this would not have been so important had we been able to park much nearer to the hotel.

Written on: 31/08/2012

Hi,

Thanks for submitting a review, I'm very sorry to hear of the problems you encountered with this experience. Please get in touch at [email protected], with your voucher reference number, and I will be happy to look into this further.

Tania, Buyagift helper

Read 1 Comment

“Chocolate Gift box Review”

written by googleylaura on 11/08/2012

When the item came it was great and good quality. however I paid 5 pound for delivery on a set day and it did not come on that day but a day later and I had someone wait in for it and it did not come, luckly i was at home the day it did come.

Buyagift Helper's Response to googleylaura's Review

Written on: 13/08/2012

Good Morning,

I'm so sorry to hear your gift arrived late, this is not the service you should have received.

Please email [email protected] with your order reference number and I will see what we can do for you.

Buyagift Helper :)

“Gift Box - Strange”

written by on 02/12/2011

I have just purchased an Afternoon Tea for my elderly Father and his Wife as a Christmas present. I decided to pay the extra £6.50 for the gift box, it arrived next day which was good but I was a little dumfounded by the contents. The voucher itself and an information leaflet were packed in a tin box and inside were two matchbox size boxes. I thought nice touch there is some biscuits or chocolate in keeping with the gift? Not so, in one there was a strap (not sure what it was for, camera maybe) in the other a luggage padlock possibly! Both had Buy a Gift written all over tham so I can only conclude they were just marketing stuff. If I had known this I would not have wasted my money. I cannot commnet yet on the gift until next year, I am hoping that it will be a nice day, wait and see!

“afternoon tea at harrods what a dissapointment ”

written by on 18/08/2011

booked for my friends birthday afternoon tea at harrods as reviews where very good at first the standard of service was good shown to our table on time given menues offered champagne as an extra which i accepted then from there the service was very lacking to our table. had to ask for tea to be topped up and had to pour ourselves which would be fine if all the tables did this too but only us where left to fend for ourselves also everyone else got more sndwiches but not us. then had to wait for the bill was very upset by all this as it was bought as a birthday present and felt we were not important to them. all i can think is when we arrived we were asked to put our buyagift voucher on the table so that the waiter could see it maybe he thought it was not worthy of a good service as we had prepaid who knows

Written on: 30/08/2011

Thank you for leaving this review.

We are very upset to hear of your disappointing visit to Harrods. This has always been one of our best sellers and usually receives positive feedback.

Our customers should not be treated any differently to direct customers and this is certainly a matter we will take very seriously.

We would really appreciate it if you would please get in touch with us so that we can investigate this with the management at the restaurant. Please email your Buyagift order details to [email protected]

Kindest regards,

Hayley & The Buyagift Team

Read 1 Comment

“I booked a trip on the Orient Express as a present for...”

written by on 18/04/2011

I booked a trip on the Orient Express as a present for my parents. Unfortunatly I wasn't expecting the lack of availability in the South West which nearly ruined the whole experience Before I got lucky and bagged a cancellation. Failing that I was looking at March 2012!! for a gift I gave in March 2011 - BEWARE!!. However,they did enjoy the trip but it was a bit risky with so much money put out. Unless u can go to from any destination(London is great) and don't restrict your voucher too much you should b ok.

“I have used this website before and received my...”

written by on 15/12/2010

I have used this website before and received my voucher very quickly, I am still waiting after 11 days to receive my voucher this time however. I hopefully will receive it soon................

“My only negative comment is you decreased your family...”

written by on 10/12/2010

My only negative comment is you decreased your family photo from £25 to £10 and although will price match other websites you will not price match your own.2different managers told me I had to send the 3 vouchers back recorded delivery at a cost to me and reorder 3 new vouchers even though I had more shopping to do on your website and it would have made much more sense to give me a gift card for the difference.once I tredged 7 months pregnant in the snow to the post office and sent the original vouchers back I then received an email reply saying I could actually have a gift card!in addition to the hassle of sending these back we have not received the new ones probably due to the weather and I had to pay for recorded delivery plus another postage charge.... Not great ustomer service and we have no christmas presents to bring away with us this weekend when we are visiting family

“we thought ordering on the 25/11/10 that this would be...”

written by on 10/12/2010

we thought ordering on the 25/11/10 that this would be in time for our grandchildrens Christmas. However having made enquiries today we are told these books are supplied from an outside suppier...In AUSTRALIA ! and probably will not arrive until December 27th or 28. Too late as a Christmas present. Had we had known this we would not have placed the order.I really do think you should have made it clear where they were coming from and that they would be sent 2nd class post. There are other websites which we may well have looked at more closely.

“very good service but website is some what misleading...”

written by on 09/12/2010

very good service but website is some what misleading as one of the resort , advertised is not available.
Punctual and courteous service.Helpful staff.

“Wasn't really worth the money as it looks more tacky...”

written by on 09/12/2010

Wasn't really worth the money as it looks more tacky when you see it for real compared to picture.

Would not recommend and even people i had shown at work were disappointed when it arrived as they thought it was a nice idea for a present.

The box is poorly made, whoever put the bottle into the box pushed it in really hard and damaged it so arrived with a split in it.

The bottle itself is ok and the paper is nice quality but think there could be more shells or something in as there wasn't much for this to look 'special' enough.

Written on: 09/12/2010

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us.
<br/>
<br/>We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your purchase and we will pass your comments on to the supplier of this product.
<br/> If you could please contact us with your order details our dedicated customer service team will be more than happy to look into this further.
<br/>
<br/>We value all feedback; good and bad as we want to ensure we are providing the best possible products and service to our customers.
<br/>
<br/>Please do get in touch with us if there is anything further we can help you with.
<br/>Best wishes,
<br/>Hayley
<br/>Buyagift.co.uk

Read 1 Comment

“I was disspointed to see that what I had purchased was...”

written by on 08/12/2010

I was disspointed to see that what I had purchased was reduced in price and with a special offer just days after I purchased it

“I bought a Jigsaw , it was supposed to have a message...”

written by on 08/12/2010

I bought a Jigsaw , it was supposed to have a message on it but it was omitted , as the message was what made the gift special completly ruined it . I bought a diary that came with the name i requested . But dissapointed with the Jigsaw.

Written on: 09/12/2010

Thank you for your review.
<br/>
<br/>We would really like to find out more details on this issue.
<br/>Please get in touch with us so that we can put this right for you.
<br/>Kindest regards,
<br/>Hayley
<br/>Buyagift.co.uk

Read 1 Comment

“Have ordered many previous items through buyagift, all...”

written by on 08/12/2010

Have ordered many previous items through buyagift, all fantastic value and delivered on time.
However, I ordered an engraved trinket box for my wifes birthday (next day delivery promised on your web site) which proceeded to arrive one week late (6 days AFTER her birthday)
Although this was very annoying, your customer service was very good (Tina)and I was kept informed of updates until gift was delivered.
I guess I'm 40 - 50% satisfied overall, rather than the usual 80 - 100%.

“All was fine except I went through a cashback site and...”

written by on 07/12/2010

All was fine except I went through a cashback site and buy a gift have not tracked my order properly which is very dissappointing and has put me off using them again as much as I usally do.

“So far so good, as it is a present hopefully booking...”

written by on 07/12/2010

So far so good, as it is a present hopefully booking the experience and the day itself will also run as smoothly.

Asked by chloelouise98 on 16th May 2022 Report this content
I have a voucher, got to the end where l presumed l put my voucher code again after already doing it at the beginning? It only has options for payment on debit card? I want to use my voucher.

Answers (1)
Report this content GordonNewlands69 Written on: 23/08/2022
I think you need to click on the "I have a voucher" or "Use my voucher" button and then enter the code and pin. Then select the activity you want to book. I believe the website is designed to be so complicated that you eventually give up or die of frustration, so they can keep your money. Good luck!
Asked by dudesims on 8th October 2017 Report this content
Can we extend the validity of the voucher? If so, how?

Answers (1)
Report this content Carlamay Written on: 19/10/2021
I was given a buy a gift voucher as a present for a 2 night stay in london. When I try to redeem my voucher on the website and book, I am told I need to pay for it and am instructed to enter my card details, even though it was bought as a present?
Asked by nicolax589 on 8th December 2013 Report this content
I have entered the wrong delivery address what can i do?