Buy A Gift Reviews - www.buyagift.co.uk

Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Beer -not such a good gift”

written by Luis484 on 24/06/2022

I ordered a gift, of 'one month membership for 10 craft beers' for a birthday. It seemed like a nice gift for someone who likes beers- but this proved to be misleading, as there are strings. In order to used the gift code, the recipient has to set up a membership, give a valid bank card and details etc, then they will get the first month free with the code. They then have to remember to cancel the membership before the next payment is taken. Researching, this seems to be the same for anything that says 'one / three months membership', including food deliveries. Had this been clear when ordering, I would not have chosen it, as it seems a a bit presumptuous that when buying the gift you are assuming that the recipient will want to set up a membership and give their card details etc.to use your gift that they didn't ask for. I complained to customer services, suggesting that their wording is misleading and it should say that a membership will be needed to be set up in order to use the month free. Their reply was, that it says this when the recipient tries to validate the code, so they would have known before swapping the buy a gift voucher code for the beer company and could have swapped the buy a gift voucher for something else. Whilst this may be true, I paid for the voucher and bought the gift, it should have been my choice as to whether I was comfortable giving a gift that had these requirements. In my view this is not suitable for a gift, unless you know the person well and they were going to set up a membership anyway.

“Way too much hassle”

written by caWilkinson50 on 03/09/2021

Bought from JL struggled to find an experience that was any good. They have improved recently so booked part of my voucher for a holiday surf class and a jet ski experience. The Jet ski experience could only fit me in months later when I was not longer on holiday so try as I may I cannot change the voucher for the part I did not use it says its been used. Emailed asking for help and got a standard response. This was supposed to be a present but has been nothing but hassle.

Written on: 09/09/2021

Hi there,

We are so sorry to hear you have had such trouble booking, we always try to ensure the booking process is as easy as possible for our customers - sorry again this was not the case for you.

Please contact a friendly member of our team and we can assist you further over the phone.

Kind regards,
The Buyagift Team

Jezhad1's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2021

Done last week. How do I approach a friendly member of the team?

Read 2 Comments

“Prezzo buyagift voucher for a 3 course meal and wine...”

written by McKenzie56 on 22/01/2018

I was given a buyagift voucher for a 3 course meal and a glass of wine for two at Prezzos. With a buyagift voucher You have to select from a very reduced menu and the choices are very basic. The food was very disappointing. Such a pity because the staff and restaurant were lovely. If Prezzo had offered the full or more a wider range of choice with our voucher we may have been more inclined to go back again.

Written on: 22/01/2018

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience fully. I have passed your comments to our marketing team to ensure they are aware of your comments. We do advertise that this is a set menu voucher and this is available to see at pre purchase and at the time of booking. I do apologise if this was missed. Any comments we receive are automatically logged on our system against the experience supplier. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

“DISAPPOINTING”

written by qdBates416 on 17/05/2017

My friend bought the Taste of Italy three course meal as a present for me and my husband. The choices of restaurants are Zizzi or Prezzo. Ok, no problem with that, however when you get the restaurant (we chose Prezzo) you don't get a choice from the full menu, but have the cheapest options (i.e. pizza or basic pasta dishes). This was very disappointing. It really was Hobson's Choice!! It would be better if they offered anything on the menu TO THE VALUE OF THE VOUCHER rather than have to endure three very mediocre dishes. At least then you could choose something you REALLY would like. I would not recommend buying this as a present to anyone as it is very limited and does not create an enjoyable experience.

Written on: 18/05/2017

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry you were not aware our Prezzo vouchers include a choice from a set menu, this is stated on the description and fine print of your voucher. We try and do our best to make this clear for our customers to avoid any disappointment. I have passed on your comments to my management team to review to ensure future improvements. If you need anything else please do not hesitate to email us.

“Not worth the money ”

written by Gillxrich on 02/04/2017

Had a buy a gift bought as a gift from our children they sell them as valid 10 months however hardly any of there choice of hotels accept them from June to September making them absolutely useless we used our in March which then means nothing is open around you until easter so no there not a good gift and I think it's an awful shame when your loved ones feel they have got you the ideal gift the company should be ashamed really .. they should make this clear to the buyer which they don't

Buyagift Helper's Response to Gillxrich's Review

Written on: 03/04/2017

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your hotel stay voucher.

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed booking your experience, all hotel restrictions should be displayed under their fine print both pre and post purchase which customers are agreeing to.

If this is not the case please email us with your voucher reference number, so we can ensure the correct information is amended on our site to ensure future improvements!

I am once again so sorry for any inconveniences this has caused and look forward to hearing from you.

Read 1 Comment

“No compassion for ill health”

written by Chris Morant on 25/10/2016

Given a visit to Kew Gardens for Christmas 2015 because of health problems it got overlooked and expired this month(October) as only valid for 10 months. Found out today it can be revived but at a cost of £20. If we ever really wanted to go as pensioners a couple of tickets would cost us £26 Blatant profiteering! Decided not to bother, however, would recommend the daily primary coloured epistle (riddle) people as they were brilliant. A full years validity would help as would aligning charges with the cost of the experience

Buyagift Helper's Response to Chris Morant's Review

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm sorry to hear you've had some difficulties with ill health, we certainly do take factors like this in to account when assisting our customers.

Please email your voucher reference number in and I'd be happy to look in to this further.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you.

Written on: 27/10/2016

Thank you for belated response. The pretty tin and the reference card were taken by the dustmen yesterday - but it was a trip for two to Kew Gardens

Buyagift Helper's reply to Chris Morant's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2016

Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

I am sorry to hear this. Perhaps you can email us with the name and address of the original purchaser, and I'd be happy to locate the order this way? I'll ensure to have this picked up straight away.

Buyagift Helper's reply to Chris Morant's Comment

Written on: 03/11/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Please contact us - this way it will come straight through to me.

I hope this helps!
Em

Buyagift Helper's reply to Buyagift Helper's Comment

Written on: 08/11/2016

Hi,

It appears we're unable to post our email address through this website - please use the contact form on our website.

I hope this helps!
Thanks

Chris Morant's Response to Chris Morant's Review

Written on: 09/11/2016

Whilst the initial response was as described above, since posting the Review Buyagift have been far more sympathetic and an extended voucher has been issued so perhaps the heading should now read "delayed compassion for ill health" But in any event Buyagift have now done the decent thing so I am happy

Read 10 Comments

“super car driving blast”

written by aitch1957 on 05/10/2016

My wife knew I'd always wanted to drive a Porsche so she bought me a buy a gift voucher where I chose this option. I found very limited choice for the venue most convenient to my home and when I did get it sorted I realised that the experience would amount to a 3 mile drive! I arrived at the circuit (Mallory Park) and went through the registration process being reminded several times that I could pay extra for a waiver to the £2500 excess I would face in the event of damage being caused and then into a briefing. The briefing was no more than a further reminder of the insurance waiver and a sales pitch to add extra cars, laps and further variation on your experience. l sat through this then queued again to make my choice then off to join the queue to drive the Porsche, I had seen that I was due to have two laps and thought well that's barely 3 miles but it was even worse than that, my laps were of a much shorter circuit than the full layout and over in a blink - I was repeatedly offered extra laps at £10 a time by the instructor. I have to say I felt very short changed!

Buyagift Helper's Response to aitch1957's Review

Written on: 07/10/2016

Thanks for your feedback!

I am sorry to hear you've not enjoyed your experience. Our suppliers always ensure that the tracks amount to the mileage you've paid for, but I am sorry if you were not made aware of this.

Please email in your reference number to us and we'd be happy to look in to this further for you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Em

Buyagift Helper's Response to aitch1957's Review

Written on: 10/10/2016

Hi there,

Thanks for leaving some feedback for us!

I am sorry to hear you weren't happy with the experience you'd had on the day. We never wish for our customers to feel disappointed and would like to look in to this further.

Please email your voucher number in to us with some of the details for your booking date.

I hope this helps and we look forward to hearing from you.

“Very disappointing”

written by Hanna480 on 22/06/2016

My sister bought a one night stay in a hotel for my mother and I aS a birthday treat. When we tried to book, the hotel said they weren't part of the scheme, and had left last October. We rang in June. The hotel is still on the Buy a gift site. Customer services were not particularly helpful. Would not recommend this site.

Written on: 22/06/2016

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear this!

Can you please email your voucher number in to us, so we can look in to this a little further for you?

I hope this helps and we look forward to hearing from you.

“Read The Small Print”

written by on 25/02/2016

Purchased a two night break for my wife. only to find that you had to pay extra for weekends and any kind of holiday period ie. Bank holiday weeks, where also not included, Lesson learnt do not buy vouchers from these people without check the all of the terms & cond's. They are poor value as you could book the same places direct with less hassle. Availibilty so restricted I should not have bothered.

Written on: 18/03/2016

Thanks for your feedback!
I'm really sorry to hear you're unhappy with your voucher. We do recommend all customers read the fine print to ensure the experience is suitable before purchase!
Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be happy to help.
Thanks again.

Cjmv's Comment

Written on: 08/09/2017

You are absolutely right. Going through same experience. Could cry.

“Disappointing”

written by on 27/10/2015

Booked a gift package for two for a visit to the Shard with a Michelin star meal. The information accompanying the evouchers varied, details for the Shard were very clear and the trip to the Shard was amazing. Unfortunately the e voucher stated a different Italian restaurant, not a Michelin Star, situated near to Tottenham Court road. I tried to ctc Buyagift by 'chat on line' to no avail so sent an email asking about the change of restaurant and the procedure for booking, I got a response 48 hours later, 24 hours after the visit. When leaving the Shard we rang the restaurant to make a reservation, on arrival I advised them that we were paying by a Buyagift voucher. I was told that I should have advised that detil before arriving at reservation, then the waiter took the lunch menus away to check whether they would honour the voucher. He returned giving us a different limited menu, the service was very abrupt. The food was ok but the service was unfriendly. I think Buyagift misrepresented the selling of this experience as the restaurant was not a Michelin star, it also did not give clear instructions regarding booking a meal and were uncontactable at the weekend.

Written on: 02/11/2015

Hi,

Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't what you expected!

Please send your complaint to us with your order reference number so we can look in to this for you.

Thanks,
Emma - Buyagift Helper

“not recommended”

written by Kanecm297 on 28/09/2015

We were bought a one nights overnight hotel stay for two. There was very limited choice of hotels available and the one we selected, The Lodge at Boston Spa, refused a weekend booking and tried to decline the booking altogether. She said they did not pay her enough and she was going to stop dealing with them. Eventually we booked for a Thursday night. The so called hotel was a small guest house up a very narrow single track road with an awkward parking space. To be fair the room was very clean and comfortable but had a shared bathroom, not the en-suite stated. Luckilly we were the only guests staying that night so had the bathroom to ourselves. Breakfast was only a Continental but was quite nice although there was no muessli available. looking at the price our Daughter had paid for the voucher, it was way over-priced. All in all, not recommended.

Hi

I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. The hotel you visited does still work with us and we have now agreed a new deal with them and they have their own voucher which can now be used week-round.

We work with thousands of suppliers and we aim for them all to be perfect for our customers and I apologise again that our standards weren't met on this occasion.

Read 1 Comment

“London Skyline Helicopter Tour and Lunch For One”

written by JonSMartin on 27/09/2015

Was bought this experience for my birthday. Think the title of the experience is misleading. Helicopter 'tour' is 12 minute flight at height of 1200 feet over Redhill. Admittedly, you can see the London skyline c.20 miles in the distance. Lunch isn't included however you are offered £5 discount off of the published menu. Without sounding ungrateful (to the person who treated me) think buyagift and the operator Adventure001 should be reported to advertising standards agency or trading standards as they must be breaking at least one consumer protection law.

Buyagift Helper's Response to JonSMartin's Review

Hi

I am sorry that your experience didn't match up to your expectations, the experience is advertised as a 12 minute flight and there are various starting locations available. I am sorry you did not get a full lunch with your experience and I am happy to look into why this was for you.

If you can send us an email, we would be happy to look into it for you and contact the supplier on your behalf.

Read 1 Comment

“visit to Blenheim Palace & lunch at the Kings Head...”

written by ptParsons314 on 05/09/2015

Blenheim Palace was very interesting especially with all the information on Winston Churchill. However lunch at the Kings head was abysmal. We weren't aware that it was an Italian Restaurant with very limited choices on the lunch provided for buyagift clients. Unfortunately my husband doesn't really like Italian food but he chose the vegetable soup - tasteless, then the chicken thighs stuffed with parsley which arrived SWIMMIMG in a sauce - his worst nightmare!! The chips were greasy and the salad greasy. I had bruschetta and also the chicken. This was bought for us as a present so don't want to let the person who bought know how bad it was.

Hi

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry you did not enjoy the meal. I have passed your comments on to the supplier and I hope that other customers will have a better experience.

I apologise again that your meal was not up to standard, but I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Blenheim palace

Read 1 Comment

“Supercar experience NOT super!”

written by Theresab325 on 09/08/2015

I brought my BF a voucher for the supercar experience which we used on Sunday 2nd August and booked the track in North Weald Essex. Upon arrival everything seemed easy, we gave our voucher to reception who then told us the options of cars we can drive and that there will be a brief prior to our booked 1.30pm slot which is just to go through key points, what to expect etc. The brief is approx 10-15mins, ( quite long) after which you are then told to wait until your name is called out. My BF was eventually ready to start his 'supercar' experience and chose the Jaguar XE. They DO NOT tell you that the ONLY car which can make use of the WHOLE track is the one where you book the passenger experience, otherwise you are ONLY allowed to use a small section of the track and to top it off the instructor next to you has breaks on his side which he kept using because you are NOT allowed to go fast or exceed 70miles per hour, what is the point of a super car experience if all is controlled? It's not a fun day out, you spend more time hanging around waiting for when it's your turn. There is ONE small caravan selling awful burgers and smelly food which i would advise to stay away from. The only positive thing i can say is the staff were very helpful but you would get more pleasure out of cycling than this 'supercar' experience.

Hi

I am sorry you were disappointed with your experience. Due to the nature of the experience, travelling at high speed in fast cars, there is a significant health and safety risk, and as such our suppliers have certain precautions in place to ensure everyone is safe. Cars on the track must follow a certain route as directed by the instructor in the car. Some drivers are less experienced and for many it will be the first time driving a supercar and they will not be used to how they work.

The passenger ride car is driven by a professional who is able to drive the car safely at high speeds, and they require a clear track to drive on, which is why drivers are asked to follow a route on the outside of the track.

I apologise again that your experience was not what you were expecting but I hope this helps.

“vineyard in kent”

written by JasmineAdams on 29/05/2015

We were very excited to get a voucher for xmas and contacted the nearest vineyard around feb time. The lady we spoke to advised us to ring back nearer the time as the restaurant did not open until March. Stupidly we acted on that advice only to be informed in May that availability was limited due to other bookings; the date in July we wished was fully booked. My husband and I are both shift workers and rotas are difficult to synchronise. This was explained to the lady and referral to diaries, on calls etc would have to be undertaken to find another day. The woman made it quite clear that she had other people to deal with and she was not happy to wait....it literally would have taken a minute! We have since booked with another vineyard in Colchester and the telephone dealings here were helpful, informative and flexible.

Written on: 03/06/2015

Hi

Thanks for submitting your review.

I'm really sorry to hear of the problems that you encountered with our supplier and for any disappointment this has caused.

I will ensure that your feedback has been raised with our supplier in hope that they can make improvements to their service in the future. We do work very hard with our suppliers to ensure that they're providing the best possible service and I am sorry that our supplier had let you down on this occasion.

I am pleased to hear that you've managed to make a booking with an alternative supplier of ours and I do hope that you have a wonderful experience.

Despina, Buyagift

Read 1 Comment

“yes too good to be true”

written by TheBratPrince on 09/01/2015

Complaint is with product and expectations of. Racetrack partners disappointing and unaccomodating. Purchased double supercar driving blast in October and our local track was fully booked until the new year (ok fine) but buyagift then listed the same package £50 cheaper online. I complained and the staff were helpful enough. I was refunded and purchased it again at the new price. The Track had no dates for the new year until November, called them back and found that they had decided to discontinue the double supercar blast in the new year! Complained again to buyagift and all they could/would do was exchange for the single supercar blast. Track day finally booked and they only had Tuesday and Wednesdays available. In the end a lot of hassle (3 different vouchers) and didn't end up with what I originally ordered.

Buyagift Helper's Response to TheBratPrince's Review

Written on: 01/04/2015

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble booking your voucher and have had to exchange your voucher a couple of times.

We never like to hear of any negative feedback so I have passed your comments across to the relevant department for review, in hope that future improvements can be made.

Sophie, Buyagift Helper

“Very disappointed”

written by Cblyth on 16/07/2014

I bought a buyagift Theatre & dinner package for my friend for Christmas & was very disappointed with the service we received. When my friend called to make the booking she was not given as choice of resturant as stated when I purchased the voucher. She was told we was booked at Fire & Stone for 6pm. When we arrived we was give a set menu with ciabata with dip for starter, a limited choice of mains & only ice cream as dessert & was told we could only choose 2 courses. The choice for starter & dessert were very limited & not acceptable to the amount i paid for the voucher.

“After more money”

written by on 22/02/2014

Brought Segway vouchers for christmas presents stated weekdays only having brought 2 vouchers both couples went on line to book only gave them a weekend option asking for an extra £25 each lots of hasle ringing up. when got there conveintly camera had broke as with the voucher we paid for a photo yet they were offering helmets with cameras on for £10.

“virgin reviver”

written by on 21/02/2014

my daughter and I booked a virgin reviver for two we were to have facial,neck massage then spend time in the spa relaxing on arrival we had to fill in a health questionnaire then to be told I could not use the pool and spa as I had ticked that I take blood pressure medication my bp is totally controlled I only take it as I am a diabetic this should be pointed out on the information leaflet when purchasing as it was a total waste of money and time .

“Deluxe Afternoon Tea”

written by eileenandalan on 06/08/2012

Purchased Deluxe Afternoon Tea as part of a celebration for our Anniversary Venue Sheffield Park Inn is not up to the standard I was anticipating. Upon arrival we were informed that the lounge and Restaurant were being used for a private party and told to sit in Foyer!! Not advised of this fact when booking. The waiter was very sloppy spilt Champagne and soaked the napkin but did not apologize or change drink or napkin, food very mediocre 4 finger sandwiches of Salmon and 4 finger sandwiches of Cucumber between us, a very small scone with a pot of jam and cream and the smallest chocolate Eclair I have ever seen, the waiter then brought the wrong Tea and spilt my husbands coffee in the saucer but still no apology!! just a vague attempt to laugh it off saying he was butter fingered. This venue was the closest to our home which was why we chose it but our experience was completely spoiled I feel it was not worthy of being on your list of venues to offer " The Deluxe Afternoon Tea" and I would never go back there certainly not worth the money.

Buyagift Helper's Response to eileenandalan's Review

Written on: 07/08/2012

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear of your disappointment with your afternoon tea, this does not sound like the deluxe experience you should have received.

If you haven't already contacted customer services about this issue, please email [email protected] and I will be happy to investigate this further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Tania
Buyagift Helper

Asked by chloelouise98 on 16th May 2022 Report this content
I have a voucher, got to the end where l presumed l put my voucher code again after already doing it at the beginning? It only has options for payment on debit card? I want to use my voucher.

Answers (1)
Report this content GordonNewlands69 Written on: 23/08/2022
I think you need to click on the "I have a voucher" or "Use my voucher" button and then enter the code and pin. Then select the activity you want to book. I believe the website is designed to be so complicated that you eventually give up or die of frustration, so they can keep your money. Good luck!
Asked by dudesims on 8th October 2017 Report this content
Can we extend the validity of the voucher? If so, how?

Answers (1)
Report this content Carlamay Written on: 19/10/2021
I was given a buy a gift voucher as a present for a 2 night stay in london. When I try to redeem my voucher on the website and book, I am told I need to pay for it and am instructed to enter my card details, even though it was bought as a present?
Asked by nicolax589 on 8th December 2013 Report this content
I have entered the wrong delivery address what can i do?