Buy A Gift Reviews - www.buyagift.co.uk

Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk

“Awful”

written by Jasiah253 on 17/01/2023

I don’t usually write reviews, but I got gifted a £50 ‘buy a gift’ for Christmas. Upon booking a week later I put in my voucher code and pin and tried booking however, it did not allow me to book the location I wanted (Sheffield) and instead booked me into Aberdeen without me picking it. I instantly tried to contact customer support. However finding out they have none, other than a complaint form which they never replied too. Do not buy or gift anyone this! - They will not receive it

“Disgusting company with zero ethics”

written by jerrybow72 on 23/12/2022

I booked a stay for Christmas eve via this company but unfortunately came down with Covid 3 days before and they refused to cancel or move the date of my trip. Their response was 'go to the hotel and infect people, you don't have to care nowadays' when I asked what I should do. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST BECAUSE ILLNESS COUNTS FOR NOTHING TO THEM AND SAFEGUARDING OTHERS IS IMPORTANT

“Do not buy ”

written by Rab1974 on 23/10/2022

I purchased a two night stay for me and my daughter at Sand bay holiday park. Now the advert showed a swimming pool, children’s arcade and entertainment. So I booked for half term as I thought would be nice to get away. On completion of booking I received confirmation from pontins only to find that you are not allowed under 18s. It’s an adult only site. At no stage of the booking does it say adults only and my voucher said two person not 2 adults. So contacted buyagift immediately to be told they can’t cancel or change booking and advert USUALLY says if kids allowed. The woman did admit that advert is confusing and offered me a bottle of wine as a pay off which I duly declined as I want the price of voucher back or a new booking. I have sent a strongly worded e-mail but no reply as of yet. I believe buyagift have taken the booking under false pretences due to false advertising.i have contacted trading standards also. Stay well clear of this company and products.

“Do not waist your money no were excepts vouchers”

written by Wrwr on 30/08/2022

Do not waist your money no were excepts vouchers

“Fiendishly complicated to spend vouchers and poor choice”

written by GordonNewlands69 on 23/08/2022

So, initially had to cough up £20 to extend my £80 voucher which I hadn't been able to spend during lockdown(s), which was annoying in itself. Then I decided to spend my £80 on Go Ape which was about the only thing on their site that appealed to us. However there was a very limited selection of Go Ape activities on the BAG website (e.g. adult and 1 child to do Treetop Adventure, 2 adults to do Treetop challenge etc) but not the activity I wanted (adult + 2 children to do Adventure+). I tried calling BAG customer service number but that's no longer available "to improve customer service"!? The chat function yielded a "computer says no" response from the BAG representative I spoke to. Then called Go Ape, who at least are still willing to speak with their customers, who suggested I obtain BAG vouchers for Go Ape sessions that could be converted to the actual activity that I wanted to do. More confusion ensued when my "voucher reference" was unacceptable to Go Ape and I had to obtain a 16 digit code from the BAG website. My £80 eventually ended up being worth only £60 so I had to pay Go Ape another £15 to get the activity I wanted. Never, ever, ever will I use Buyagift again!

“Buy A Gift Experience”

written by DenisemHowes on 11/05/2022

My hub bought me a voucher for afternoon tea at Cafe Rouge for my birthday.It was cancelled twice.Now Cafe Rouge say it has expired and Buy A Gift will not reissue..they ignore requests.They took hub's money and we got NOTHING.Both they and Cafe Rouge are a disgrace and will never get my custom again.

“What an awful uneasy experience ”

written by EmileeMcClure on 06/03/2022

This site is not just bad it's terrible. Finally found somewhere to use my voucher, then had to ring the company who stste they no longer accept vouchers from this company. Why is it still advertised on buy a gift. Tried another booking and all you can book is a Monday and NO availability. Serious save your money. If corporate people did not buy staff these vouchers then buy a gift will go bust. Can't book anything and such a drama to try and book. Shocking service and a complete waste of money

“Shocking ”

written by Layton433 on 02/03/2022

Can’t believe I am to be charged fee to extend voucher which expired over last two years. This is the only company I’ve experienced to have tried this.

“trying ,(Very trying!)to book a whisky tasting event ”

written by Sophia121 on 28/02/2022

I bought my husband and son a whisky tasting voucher for their Birthday this year but my husband has been unable to book it,Not much help from on line chat and emails awaiting an email from the whisky lounge to see whats is happening !Thumbs down for both buyagift and the whisky lounge

“What an awful service. ”

written by STANTHEMAN123456 on 26/02/2022

I was given a £50 card from work at Christmas. Wow I can tell you to buy a two course meal for two could not be more difficult. Put your code in and can't buy now. Place only had reservations for a Monday night. What a waste of money. Seriously save your money. The hassle and stupidly uneasy booking options. Terrible

“diabolical”

written by McPherson194 on 10/02/2022

got a voucher from our children for xmas and have been trying to use it for about 2 months now ,the value is supposed to be £49.99,but it comes up as just £34.99,so already £15 out of pocket!why.trying to book a hotel near to us and just wont accept it,never in my life have i had problems online before booking anything like this,feel like throwing it in the bin,feel sorry for the money my children have wasted on this rubbish,avoid at all costs

Gordonnewlands69's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2022

Couldnt agree more! Hope you've managed to extract some value from your vouchers ;-)

Read 1 Comment

“James Bond walking tour of London. ”

written by on 05/02/2022

Booked James Bond walking tour of London for 2. Only days available were Saturday. Made our way to Central London and no guide turned up. Do not use buy a gift.

“Hotel Stay”

written by Rowe67 on 02/11/2021

On 12th of October, booked a 1 night stay in London, in the small print of buyagift, it stated may be charges for peak times, when I booked with hotel, buyagift then put an extra charge of £75 on, I phoned hotel, they said its not them that charged it, phoned buyagift, it said an extra charge for 'peak times' A Warning! Buyagift puts this charge on!!! Making the 'deal' with them more expensive than through the hotel itself. Do not fall into this clever trap! I have used buyagift numerous times over the years, but this seems to be a new 'trick' being used by the company,

Written on: 15/11/2021

Hi There,

We're really sorry to hear about any disappointment or frustration caused.

We recently integrated a live booking system to our website, allowing customers access to more hotels and locations. Many of the new hotels included have additional fees to them, this is because the full value of the voucher does not cover the cost. As the booking system is a live system, prices and availability do fluctuate.

Please do contact us directly on the website should you wish to discuss this further.

Thank you once again for leaving your feedback.

“Unable to use voucher”

written by LewisWare404 on 22/10/2021

Was given the voucher as a wedding present. We haven’t managed to book anything from an activity to a basic hotel stay. The companies advertised don’t seem to want to take the vouchers & pass you from phone to email to then ignoring you. Asked buy a gift for assistance & they are unable to book anything we are interested in either. Waste of money! Don’t buy these vouchers!

Written on: 15/11/2021

Hi There, thanks for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to hear you've had problem booking your experience. I have passed your comments to our bookings team to ensure they are aware of your comments and future improvements can be made.

Please do contact us on the website and we'd be happy to assist further with this.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback

“Be Warned”

written by SparkySteveUK on 24/08/2021

Be warned guys. Tried to use my voucher by attending a location still showing as active on buyagift website, stating no need to book up, just turn up. Only to find after driving 80 miles the location closed down. I put the details on the buyagift Complaints form 2 weeks ago, yet still have not had a reply and the activity is still listed on their website

Buyagift Helper's Response to SparkySteveUK's Review

Written on: 02/09/2021

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this, can you please contact our customer services and we can of course look into this. Thank you for your feedback.

Read 1 Comment

“Never use this company .I'm having to go to a...”

written by GabrielAguirre on 12/08/2021

Never use this company .I'm having to go to a solicitor next .and this story of buyagift they owe me a refund of 125.00 and compensation of 135.00 pound keep getting ignored. Well I'm of to the papers they need shutting g down.

Written on: 24/08/2021

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please contact our customer services and we can look into your query and help to resolve this.

Written on: 24/08/2021

Hi there,

We are very sorry to hear of the trouble you are having using your voucher.

Please contact our customer services team and we can investigate further.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Read 2 Comments

“NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!! ”

written by on 30/06/2021

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!  Tried to redeem voucher having checked availability at Hotel - rooms available for 11th July 2021. Went to book via requested number  only to be told first available date for use of voucher was 17th December 2021 !!!! Total waste of £230 - will continue to post until this company is out of business.

Written on: 17/08/2021

Hi, thank you for your feedback and I'm really sorry to hear this. Please feel free to contact our team and we can help to resolve this for you. Thanks again

“Absolute rubbish”

written by DorianBoone on 23/02/2020

Bought a gift from Argos for tea for 2. The codes do not work and the company do not answer. AVOID like the corona virus!

Written on: 02/03/2020

Hi there,

We are very sorry to hear of the trouble you are having using your voucher.

Please contact a friendly member of our team and we can investigate further.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Read 1 Comment

“I purchased a champagne afternoon tea for two for my...”

written by SarahLarks78 on 28/01/2020

I purchased a champagne afternoon tea for two for my in-laws from Buy-a-gift as a Christmas present. It states unlimited champagne, having been here myself a few months earlier and receiving unlimited champagne for the same price of £99 I was totally shocked to find out that Buy-a-gift have actually changed the deal from unlimited champagne to just one glass and its in the small print! All very underhanded, poor description in title and very disappointed customer who feels they have been totally mis-sold.

Buyagift Helper's Response to SarahLarks78's Review

Written on: 05/02/2020

Hi there, thanks for your feedback about your recent experience, I am sorry to hear this did not meet your expectations. I've passed your feedback on to the provider to make them aware of your comments and allow them to make improvements where possible in future. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your review!

“Never again”

written by cpMcLaughlin1967 on 18/11/2019

We went to the two bridges hotel for a cream tea and champagne with my husband today it was a gift to me for my birthday. It was not a very pleasant greeting no on was really helpful, our name was on the table as we had booked. We sat there not really knowing the procedure, but a young girl waitress came up to us as if we wanted tea or coffee, the table looked as though it needed a good polish, considering it is a hotel, I did expect to have a nice white tablecloth or am I old fashion these days, for what we had was nothing spectacular, we were not given a choice of sandwiches plus no one came upto us to ask if everything was ok, we will never entertain going to the two bridges again for what you got and the price my son paid was not good enough, my suggestion keep away

Written on: 20/11/2019

Written on: 05/12/2019

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience. I have passed your comments to the experience provider to ensure they are aware of your comments. We expect our suppliers to maintain a high standard of service throughout the whole experience journey – from checking availability to waving goodbye following completion of your experience. Any comments we receive are automatically logged on our system against the experience supplier. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Read 2 Comments

Asked by chloelouise98 on 16th May 2022 Report this content
I have a voucher, got to the end where l presumed l put my voucher code again after already doing it at the beginning? It only has options for payment on debit card? I want to use my voucher.

Answers (1)
Report this content GordonNewlands69 Written on: 23/08/2022
I think you need to click on the "I have a voucher" or "Use my voucher" button and then enter the code and pin. Then select the activity you want to book. I believe the website is designed to be so complicated that you eventually give up or die of frustration, so they can keep your money. Good luck!
Asked by dudesims on 8th October 2017 Report this content
Can we extend the validity of the voucher? If so, how?

Answers (1)
Report this content Carlamay Written on: 19/10/2021
I was given a buy a gift voucher as a present for a 2 night stay in london. When I try to redeem my voucher on the website and book, I am told I need to pay for it and am instructed to enter my card details, even though it was bought as a present?
Asked by nicolax589 on 8th December 2013 Report this content
I have entered the wrong delivery address what can i do?