Buy A Gift Reviews - www.buyagift.co.uk

Within the last year
(cancel refinement)

“Awful”

written by Jasiah253 on 17/01/2023

I don’t usually write reviews, but I got gifted a £50 ‘buy a gift’ for Christmas. Upon booking a week later I put in my voucher code and pin and tried booking however, it did not allow me to book the location I wanted (Sheffield) and instead booked me into Aberdeen without me picking it. I instantly tried to contact customer support. However finding out they have none, other than a complaint form which they never replied too. Do not buy or gift anyone this! - They will not receive it

“Disgusting company with zero ethics”

written by jerrybow72 on 23/12/2022

I booked a stay for Christmas eve via this company but unfortunately came down with Covid 3 days before and they refused to cancel or move the date of my trip. Their response was 'go to the hotel and infect people, you don't have to care nowadays' when I asked what I should do. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST BECAUSE ILLNESS COUNTS FOR NOTHING TO THEM AND SAFEGUARDING OTHERS IS IMPORTANT

“Do not buy ”

written by Rab1974 on 23/10/2022

I purchased a two night stay for me and my daughter at Sand bay holiday park. Now the advert showed a swimming pool, children’s arcade and entertainment. So I booked for half term as I thought would be nice to get away. On completion of booking I received confirmation from pontins only to find that you are not allowed under 18s. It’s an adult only site. At no stage of the booking does it say adults only and my voucher said two person not 2 adults. So contacted buyagift immediately to be told they can’t cancel or change booking and advert USUALLY says if kids allowed. The woman did admit that advert is confusing and offered me a bottle of wine as a pay off which I duly declined as I want the price of voucher back or a new booking. I have sent a strongly worded e-mail but no reply as of yet. I believe buyagift have taken the booking under false pretences due to false advertising.i have contacted trading standards also. Stay well clear of this company and products.

“Do not waist your money no were excepts vouchers”

written by Wrwr on 30/08/2022

Do not waist your money no were excepts vouchers

“Fiendishly complicated to spend vouchers and poor choice”

written by GordonNewlands69 on 23/08/2022

So, initially had to cough up £20 to extend my £80 voucher which I hadn't been able to spend during lockdown(s), which was annoying in itself. Then I decided to spend my £80 on Go Ape which was about the only thing on their site that appealed to us. However there was a very limited selection of Go Ape activities on the BAG website (e.g. adult and 1 child to do Treetop Adventure, 2 adults to do Treetop challenge etc) but not the activity I wanted (adult + 2 children to do Adventure+). I tried calling BAG customer service number but that's no longer available "to improve customer service"!? The chat function yielded a "computer says no" response from the BAG representative I spoke to. Then called Go Ape, who at least are still willing to speak with their customers, who suggested I obtain BAG vouchers for Go Ape sessions that could be converted to the actual activity that I wanted to do. More confusion ensued when my "voucher reference" was unacceptable to Go Ape and I had to obtain a 16 digit code from the BAG website. My £80 eventually ended up being worth only £60 so I had to pay Go Ape another £15 to get the activity I wanted. Never, ever, ever will I use Buyagift again!

“Beer -not such a good gift”

written by Luis484 on 24/06/2022

I ordered a gift, of 'one month membership for 10 craft beers' for a birthday. It seemed like a nice gift for someone who likes beers- but this proved to be misleading, as there are strings. In order to used the gift code, the recipient has to set up a membership, give a valid bank card and details etc, then they will get the first month free with the code. They then have to remember to cancel the membership before the next payment is taken. Researching, this seems to be the same for anything that says 'one / three months membership', including food deliveries. Had this been clear when ordering, I would not have chosen it, as it seems a a bit presumptuous that when buying the gift you are assuming that the recipient will want to set up a membership and give their card details etc.to use your gift that they didn't ask for. I complained to customer services, suggesting that their wording is misleading and it should say that a membership will be needed to be set up in order to use the month free. Their reply was, that it says this when the recipient tries to validate the code, so they would have known before swapping the buy a gift voucher code for the beer company and could have swapped the buy a gift voucher for something else. Whilst this may be true, I paid for the voucher and bought the gift, it should have been my choice as to whether I was comfortable giving a gift that had these requirements. In my view this is not suitable for a gift, unless you know the person well and they were going to set up a membership anyway.

“Buy A Gift Experience”

written by DenisemHowes on 11/05/2022

My hub bought me a voucher for afternoon tea at Cafe Rouge for my birthday.It was cancelled twice.Now Cafe Rouge say it has expired and Buy A Gift will not reissue..they ignore requests.They took hub's money and we got NOTHING.Both they and Cafe Rouge are a disgrace and will never get my custom again.

“What an awful uneasy experience ”

written by EmileeMcClure on 06/03/2022

This site is not just bad it's terrible. Finally found somewhere to use my voucher, then had to ring the company who stste they no longer accept vouchers from this company. Why is it still advertised on buy a gift. Tried another booking and all you can book is a Monday and NO availability. Serious save your money. If corporate people did not buy staff these vouchers then buy a gift will go bust. Can't book anything and such a drama to try and book. Shocking service and a complete waste of money

“Shocking ”

written by Layton433 on 02/03/2022

Can’t believe I am to be charged fee to extend voucher which expired over last two years. This is the only company I’ve experienced to have tried this.

“trying ,(Very trying!)to book a whisky tasting event ”

written by Sophia121 on 28/02/2022

I bought my husband and son a whisky tasting voucher for their Birthday this year but my husband has been unable to book it,Not much help from on line chat and emails awaiting an email from the whisky lounge to see whats is happening !Thumbs down for both buyagift and the whisky lounge

“What an awful service. ”

written by STANTHEMAN123456 on 26/02/2022

I was given a £50 card from work at Christmas. Wow I can tell you to buy a two course meal for two could not be more difficult. Put your code in and can't buy now. Place only had reservations for a Monday night. What a waste of money. Seriously save your money. The hassle and stupidly uneasy booking options. Terrible

“diabolical”

written by McPherson194 on 10/02/2022

got a voucher from our children for xmas and have been trying to use it for about 2 months now ,the value is supposed to be £49.99,but it comes up as just £34.99,so already £15 out of pocket!why.trying to book a hotel near to us and just wont accept it,never in my life have i had problems online before booking anything like this,feel like throwing it in the bin,feel sorry for the money my children have wasted on this rubbish,avoid at all costs

Gordonnewlands69's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2022

Couldnt agree more! Hope you've managed to extract some value from your vouchers ;-)

Read 1 Comment

“James Bond walking tour of London. ”

written by on 05/02/2022

Booked James Bond walking tour of London for 2. Only days available were Saturday. Made our way to Central London and no guide turned up. Do not use buy a gift.

Asked by chloelouise98 on 16th May 2022 Report this content
I have a voucher, got to the end where l presumed l put my voucher code again after already doing it at the beginning? It only has options for payment on debit card? I want to use my voucher.

Answers (1)
Report this content GordonNewlands69 Written on: 23/08/2022
I think you need to click on the "I have a voucher" or "Use my voucher" button and then enter the code and pin. Then select the activity you want to book. I believe the website is designed to be so complicated that you eventually give up or die of frustration, so they can keep your money. Good luck!
Asked by dudesims on 8th October 2017 Report this content
Can we extend the validity of the voucher? If so, how?

Answers (1)
Report this content Carlamay Written on: 19/10/2021
I was given a buy a gift voucher as a present for a 2 night stay in london. When I try to redeem my voucher on the website and book, I am told I need to pay for it and am instructed to enter my card details, even though it was bought as a present?
Asked by nicolax589 on 8th December 2013 Report this content
I have entered the wrong delivery address what can i do?