Buy A Gift Reviews - www.buyagift.co.uk

Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk

“Hotel Stay”

Written on: 02/11/2021 by Rowe67 (1 review written)

On 12th of October, booked a 1 night stay in London, in the small print of buyagift, it stated may be charges for peak times, when I booked with hotel, buyagift then put an extra charge of £75 on, I phoned hotel, they said its not them that charged it, phoned buyagift, it said an extra charge for 'peak times' A Warning! Buyagift puts this charge on!!! Making the 'deal' with them more expensive than through the hotel itself. Do not fall into this clever trap! I have used buyagift numerous… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/11/2021

Hi There,

We're really sorry to hear about any disappointment or frustration caused.

We recently integrated a live booking system to our website, allowing customers access to more hotels and locations. Many of the new hotels included have additional fees to them, this is because the full value of the voucher does not cover the cost. As the booking system is a live system, prices and availability do fluctuate.

Please do contact us directly on the website should you wish to discuss this further.

Thank you once again for leaving your feedback.

“Unable to use voucher”

Written on: 22/10/2021 by LewisWare404 (1 review written)

Was given the voucher as a wedding present. We haven’t managed to book anything from an activity to a basic hotel stay. The companies advertised don’t seem to want to take the vouchers & pass you from phone to email to then ignoring you. Asked buy a gift for assistance & they are unable to book anything we are interested in either. Waste of money! Don’t buy these vouchers!… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/11/2021

Hi There, thanks for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to hear you've had problem booking your experience. I have passed your comments to our bookings team to ensure they are aware of your comments and future improvements can be made.

Please do contact us on the website and we'd be happy to assist further with this.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback

“Way too much hassle”

Written on: 03/09/2021 by caWilkinson50 (1 review written)

Bought from JL struggled to find an experience that was any good. They have improved recently so booked part of my voucher for a holiday surf class and a jet ski experience. The Jet ski experience could only fit me in months later when I was not longer on holiday so try as I may I cannot change the voucher for the part I did not use it says its been used. Emailed asking for help and got a standard response. This was supposed to be a present but has been nothing but hassle… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/09/2021

Hi there,

We are so sorry to hear you have had such trouble booking, we always try to ensure the booking process is as easy as possible for our customers - sorry again this was not the case for you.

Please contact a friendly member of our team and we can assist you further over the phone.

The Buyagift Team

Jezhad1's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2021

Done last week. How do I approach a friendly member of the team?

“Be Warned”

Written on: 24/08/2021 by SparkySteveUK (1 review written)

Be warned guys. Tried to use my voucher by attending a location still showing as active on buyagift website, stating no need to book up, just turn up. Only to find after driving 80 miles the location closed down. I put the details on the buyagift Complaints form 2 weeks ago, yet still have not had a reply and the activity is still listed on their website … Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to SparkySteveUK's Review

Written on: 02/09/2021

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this, can you please contact our customer services and we can of course look into this. Thank you for your feedback.

Read 1 Comment

“Never use this company .I'm having to go to a...”

Written on: 12/08/2021 by GabrielAguirre (1 review written)

Never use this company .I'm having to go to a solicitor next .and this story of buyagift they owe me a refund of 125.00 and compensation of 135.00 pound keep getting ignored. Well I'm of to the papers they need shutting g down… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/08/2021

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please contact our customer services and we can look into your query and help to resolve this.

Written on: 24/08/2021

Hi there,

We are very sorry to hear of the trouble you are having using your voucher.

Please contact our customer services team and we can investigate further.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Read 2 Comments

“NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!! ”

Written on: 30/06/2021

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!  Tried to redeem voucher having checked availability at Hotel - rooms available for 11th July 2021. Went to book via requested number  only to be told first available date for use of voucher was 17th December 2021 !!!! Total waste of £230 - will continue to post until this company is out of business. … Read Full Review

Written on: 17/08/2021

Hi, thank you for your feedback and I'm really sorry to hear this. Please feel free to contact our team and we can help to resolve this for you. Thanks again

Read 1 Comment

“Voucher system is terrible”

Written on: 03/06/2021 by waxyjo (1 review written)

I'm gutted. I bought a voucher as a gift for a colleague leaving and there is no issueable voucher, the email looks horrible and I couldn't even put her name on it. I clicked on paypal to check I could use it and by doing so it meant I couldn't go back and write a message either. For a gift (the NAME) of this site, a graphic, attractive voucher to issue to somebody is the least you can expect. Just something that looks like a gift, rather than a shoddy, confusing and impersonal set up that… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to waxyjo's Review

Written on: 17/08/2021

Hi there, thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear you have been left disappointed
I have passed your comments to our marketing team to ensure they are aware.
Thanks!.

“Absolute rubbish”

Written on: 23/02/2020 by DorianBoone (1 review written)

Bought a gift from Argos for tea for 2. The codes do not work and the company do not answer. AVOID like the corona virus!… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/03/2020

Hi there,

We are very sorry to hear of the trouble you are having using your voucher.

Please contact a friendly member of our team and we can investigate further.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Read 1 Comment

“I purchased a champagne afternoon tea for two for my...”

Written on: 28/01/2020 by SarahLarks78 (1 review written)

I purchased a champagne afternoon tea for two for my in-laws from Buy-a-gift as a Christmas present. It states unlimited champagne, having been here myself a few months earlier and receiving unlimited champagne for the same price of £99 I was totally shocked to find out that Buy-a-gift have actually changed the deal from unlimited champagne to just one glass and its in the small print! All very underhanded, poor description in title and very disappointed customer who feels they have been… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to SarahLarks78's Review

Written on: 05/02/2020

Hi there, thanks for your feedback about your recent experience, I am sorry to hear this did not meet your expectations. I've passed your feedback on to the provider to make them aware of your comments and allow them to make improvements where possible in future. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your review!

“Never again”

Written on: 18/11/2019 by cpMcLaughlin1967 (1 review written)

We went to the two bridges hotel for a cream tea and champagne with my husband today it was a gift to me for my birthday. It was not a very pleasant greeting no on was really helpful, our name was on the table as we had booked. We sat there not really knowing the procedure, but a young girl waitress came up to us as if we wanted tea or coffee, the table looked as though it needed a good polish, considering it is a hotel, I did expect to have a nice white tablecloth or am I old fashion these… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/11/2019

Written on: 05/12/2019

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience. I have passed your comments to the experience provider to ensure they are aware of your comments. We expect our suppliers to maintain a high standard of service throughout the whole experience journey – from checking availability to waving goodbye following completion of your experience. Any comments we receive are automatically logged on our system against the experience supplier. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Read 2 Comments

“Don’t buy any gift from this company ”

Written on: 24/10/2019

Please don’t buy anything from buyagift We were given a voucher for a £1000.00 and every time we have gone to book a weekend away we have had huge problems. We have been told after buying a weekend away that Although the hotel has rooms available it will not take the voucher for that weekend. They say that the vouchers are valid for 10 months but every time you go to book we’re told there is no rooms. This is not the case, they have rooms but won’t let people have them if they have… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/10/2019

Hi There,

Please contact us and we will more than happy to assist you further in finding availability for a suitable hotel.

Devoncouple's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2019

Sorry but on trying to book three different rooms at difficult hotels throughout the uk we have been told there is no availability when we have previously called and asked if there are rooms available, as soon as they no it’s a buy a gift voucher the answer is sorry we have no availability.

We had a gift of a 1000.00 and it’s been an absolute nightmare.
If I was going to give a gift like this I would have to really dislike the person.
It’s been horrendous to book anything and more trouble than it worth.
People buying nice gifts for others. PLEASE PURCHASE VOUCHER DIRECT FORM THE HOTELS THIS IS NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.

“Disappointing”

Written on: 11/10/2019 by PhoenixEvans1970 (1 review written)

First impressions.. cold and unwelcoming. Was told to sit anywhere so did and the man said that were we expecting anyone else as we need to move from the table of six so sat on a table which was too bright lights. The waiter was very matter of fact and said we were only to order up to £11.50 and that we could swap the wine for two beers only. The food came and was very average and bland if Im honest. We didn't have desert .. the bill came to £20 as we ordered two more beers and extra… Read Full Review

Jonathangibbons's Comment

Written on: 17/10/2019

Sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, but this is a review of the restaurant you were at (presumably), not a review of buyagift.co.uk.

I am looking at buying a gift experience, but this review isn't actually helpful in determining if the company I am dealing with (buyagift) are legitimate, what their customer care is like, etc.

Did you have any problems redeeming the voucher or anything like that?

Written on: 30/10/2019

Hi there, thanks for your feedback about your recent experience,

I am sorry to hear this did not meet your expectations. We do include a sample menu on our website both pre and post purchase to give you an indication of what to expect, I am sorry this was missed.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your review!

Read 2 Comments

“two nights bed and breakfast”

Written on: 03/10/2019 by Kobe287 (1 review written)

I would not recomend buyagift to anybody,i was bought a two night hotel experience i gave my self a time slot of 30 days where i could use this gift,we agreed on five locations, first one said they were not using buyagift till next year second there were restrictions on all my dates third as soon as i mentioned the voucher said she would get back to me forth was the same as the first , fith said they were fully booked for the… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/10/2019

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you've had problems trying to book a date for your hotel stay. All the hotels that we work with do aim to accommodate as many Buyagift customer bookings as possible, but some hotels may be fully booked at certain times. The hotels do have a set number of room allocations for Buyagift vouchers and once this quota has been filled they may have to advise certain dates are fully booked. To minimise any disappointment this may cause, the hotels will always try to make extra rooms available where possible. In addition to this, Buyagift always aim to add information regarding limited availability to the product webpage and also to the My Voucher site.

If you are unable to make a booking with any of the hotels of your choice on your preferred dates, you are always welcome to extend or exchange your voucher. Simply log into your account

· Extend the validity period of your voucher for a further time period (validity periods will be clearly shown for all hotels) OR
· Exchange your voucher for a brand new experience - another hotel stay or something completely different.

I hope this has helped and you thoroughly enjoy your experience.

Written on: 06/10/2019

Hi there,

Thanks for leaving a review about your recent booking experience. I am sorry to hear the experience didn't meet your expectations, I'll be sure to pass your comments across to the relevant teams. We really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, your feedback is very important.

Kind Regards,

Read 2 Comments

“AVOID, DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY”

Written on: 06/09/2019

Bought as a gift for someone to get away with me. I have been on to customer service several times, with little help. Every dam thing you try to book regardless of that it is, meals, hotel, trips there are restrictions on days or extra charges. hotel extra charges, avalibility but not if you are using a voucher!!! meals between 12-4pm camping only in october onwards... vouchers you book the value but when looking on line most things are cheaper anyway, they will not refund so then you are stuck… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/09/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We are very sorry to hear you are having such trouble finding a convenient experience.

Please can you contact a friendly member of our team so we can advise you of suitable experiences over the phone.

I hope this helps and we look forward to hearing from you!

Read 1 Comment

“Afternoon tea for two brownsover hall warwickshire”

Written on: 31/07/2019 by 118McLain (1 review written)

Afternoon tea was dreadful,instead of China cups we had massive white canteen cups,no table cloth,sandwiches had crusts on which were dry and univiting was,the worst afternoon tea I've ever been to would not recommend it didnt like anything about it.I think that buyagift need to check the hotels as the photos don,t marry with the actual place.!!!!!! … Read Full Review

Written on: 13/08/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

We are very sorry to hear you had such a disappointing experience for your afternoon tea.

Please can you contact a friendly member of our team so we can discuss your experience further!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Read 1 Comment

“Impossible to book a stay”

Written on: 29/07/2019 by 463O'Leary (1 review written)

Rang endless hotels and bed and breakfasts now trying to book a coastal getaway as my voucher expires 19th August, totally impossible to get in anywhere- what a joke! No one will take the voucher this time of year or they want to charge you a premium, One told me they are not taking booking till Jan! Now have a voucher that’s a complete waste of time, I refuse to pay £20 to extend, this was given to me as a Christmas gift, really really annoyed, wouldn’t recommend these to anyone… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/08/2019

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you have had such trouble making a booking for your hotel break.

Please can you contact a friendly member of our team so we can extend your voucher and help you book.

We look forward to hearing from you.

“Avoid”

Written on: 16/07/2019 by CantuItalian95 (1 review written)

Avoid them. I combined two vouchers and put my own money in as well to book a deluxe night in a hotel, including dinner and breakfast - it total about £200. The hotel choice in Cornwall, where I wanted to go, was poor. In the end I chose a Bodmin hotel (not somewhere I wanted to stay, but the hotel looked reasonable). The hotel was not keen to accept the vouchers as it was peak season (September?!?) and when the did it was on the basis that I booked and paid for two other nights. The hotel are… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/07/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I’m sorry to hear that you have been left feeling disappointed by your experience. At Buyagift we take our customer service very seriously, and we never like to hear of any negative feedback.

We will be happy to resolve issue. Please send us an email with your voucher details to us. Here customer service agents will be happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Written on: 16/07/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

“Rubbish”

Written on: 21/06/2019 by DEANOJESS (1 review written)

over complicated rubbish its the 21 century get with the program!! I get brought one of these by a family member for Christmas redeeming them and getting a hotel which accepts them is always an issue. 34 mins and two phone calls to buy a gift and the hotel?? waste of my life, and a spike in blood pressure. Get a new web site should be as easy as: 1) what experience click two day hotel break 2) where do you want to go type "Whitby" 3)list the hotels 4)if you cannot find a suitable one list ones… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to DEANOJESS's Review

Written on: 26/06/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
We always try our hardest to make sure that the product descriptions and images we use in our marketing material and on our website are accurate. In addition to this, we expect our suppliers to maintain a high standard of service throughout the whole experience journey – from checking availability to waving goodbye following completion of your experience!
Any complaints we receive are automatically logged on our system against the experience supplier. This is then flagged to the Buying and Marketing teams and then with the experience provider to ensure future improvements. Please rest assured that your comments have been logged and will be helpful in this review process.
Again, we are extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused but appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Buyagift Helper's Response to DEANOJESS's Review

Written on: 26/06/2019

“Disappointed ”

Written on: 16/06/2019

I was kindly given a 2 night breakaway as a wedding gift,I got married on Nye 2018 i have rang around and tried to book on numerous occasions, different months, different areas, hoping for a result but every time you mention voucher they are either busy on that night or want to charge an extra £25 I am now so very fed up with trying, voucher runs out end of June 2019 so now will lose out THANKS FOR NOTHING BUYAGIFT and no I don't wish to pay £20 to extend it, YOU NEED TO SORT OUT THESE HOTELS… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/06/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are so sorry to hear you are having such trouble making a booking.

Please can you contact a friendly member of our team, and we can process a free of charge extension for you under the circumstances.

I hope the above helps and we look forward to hearing from you!

Annedaines's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2019

Hello
Thank you very much for responding back, i have experienced issues with my emails so i hope i am not to late to recieve this offer which is much appreciated, please send me confirmation in writing and who to contact.

Kind Regards

Finni71's Comment

Written on: 29/06/2019

Make sure you have something in writing confirming the extension. Otherwise they might turn around and said it was done by an ex-employee who no longer work for the organisation.

Read 3 Comments

“ Not recommended.”

Written on: 04/03/2019 by Stevebob (3 reviews written)

My daughter bought me a gift voucher for two nights hotel break last May for my birthday. My wife and I tried five different hotels on three different occasions to use the voucher but without success, Hotels claiming no rooms available, even though we could book direct with other hotel booking companies on the Internet for around about the same price she had paid for the voucher. The voucher is now about to expire and Buyagift.co.uk are asking for £20 to extend the voucher which I feel would… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to Stevebob's Review

Written on: 20/03/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Please can you contact us, so we can extend your voucher free of charge under the circumstances.

I hope the above helps and look forward to hearing from you!

Finni71's Response to Stevebob's Review

Written on: 29/06/2019

Beware! The organisation appear to be dysfunctional and definitely unreliable. Stevebob, make sure you have a confirmation in writing. I contacted the organisation a few weeks before the expiration of my combined experience vouchers; an employee of buyagift advised me that my vouchers are extended until December this year 2019. About two weeks ago, I discovered that only one of the combined vouchers was extended. Subsequently, I contacted the organisation and a manager informed me that the extension was made in error by an employee who no longer works at the organisation. Finally, she advised me to go online to extend the voucher by another £20. I have already paid £40 previously to extend the voucher on the top of the actual cost of the voucher. Don't waste your hard earned cash with this organisation. Stay off, there are better and reliable alternatives to buyagift.

Stevebob's reply to Finni71's Comment

Written on: 29/06/2019

Thank you for your reply. My daughter continuously harassed company with emails and phone calls, which mostly were ignored but she persevered. Buyagift ask for proof regarding unavailability of hotels which we sent on to them and they eventually agreed a refund. I think she has now learnt her lesson and will never use this company again.

Read 3 Comments