Buy A Gift Reviews - www.buyagift.co.uk

Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk

Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk

“Be careful with this site, they hide information”

Written on: 20/10/2017 by Matt5555756 (1 review written)

I booked a driving experience as a present. No information was available regarding dates to redeem the voucher. I trusted that Buy a gift would be transparent if the dates were too far in advance. Unfortunately this wasn't the case and it turns out I'll have to wait 1 YEAR until I'm able to book the experience. … Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to Matt5555756's Review

Written on: 24/10/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with the general availability of your voucher.

Buyagift is an agent that provides experiences on behalf of many companies and therefore we do not hold any information regarding available dates for our gift experiences. Each individual supplier has their own booking system.

All dates are subject to availability with the supplier which is stated on your voucher both before and after purchase, I am really sorry if this information was missed.

However we are more than happy to contact the supplier and check available dates prior to purchase, in future please contact us by telephone to check and one of our friendly customer service agents would be happy to assist you.

I hope this has been helpful. If you have any further questions please contact us again.

Read 1 Comment

“Two night hotel Voucher -struggling to find anyone hotel”

Written on: 08/09/2017 by CJMV (1 review written)

Attempted to book two months ago. Nothing to suit us. Laughable choice of hotels. Wanted West Wales area. Nothing. Tried hotel in Symonds Yat - asked for availability. Got some dates end Sept as FINE PRINT said this hotel only available from Sept (yes, choice of dates/months is very limited). Phoned a second time re pre-discussed dates to mention that dirty word VOUCHER to sense things changed. Got cut off. Phoned hotel back different person answered. Got a sense of nobody wanting to ever… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to CJMV's Review

Written on: 11/09/2017

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm sorry to hear you've had problems trying to book a date for your hotel stay. All the hotels that we work with do aim to accommodate as many Buyagift customer bookings as possible, but some hotels may be fully booked at certain times. We've outlined some steps below to ensure you can get the most out of your Buyagift Voucher

Why does the hotel have no availability?

The hotels do have a set number of room allocations for Buyagift vouchers and once this quota has been filled they may have to advise certain dates are fully booked. To minimise any disappointment this may cause, the hotels will always try to make extra rooms available where possible. In addition to this, Buyagift always aim to add information regarding limited availability to the product webpage and also to the My Voucher site.

What if I can’t make a booking due to no availability?

If you are unable to make a booking with any of the hotels of your choice on your preferred dates, you are always welcome to extend or exchange your voucher. Simply log into our site to either:

· Extend the validity period of your voucher for a further time period (validity periods will be clearly shown for all hotels) OR
· Exchange your voucher for a brand new experience - another hotel stay or something completely different.

I hope this has helped and you thoroughly enjoy your new experience!

Burbs04's Response to CJMV's Review

Written on: 04/10/2017

I am having the exact same issue, they are either not offering this service anymore, have no rooms available for another 3 months, or when they do and you mention the voucher they suddenly are full......

Read 2 Comments

“No Smartbox Delivery ”

Written on: 05/09/2017 by fraulina16 (1 review written)

I ordered on 28th August a smartbox scrummy stay for two for my Dad's 65th birthday. It asked if I would like an e voucher of if I would like the smart box presentation which could be delivered between 1 to 2 working days at a cost of £2.99. I understood at the time when I placed order as it being a bank holiday that it would probably be by the end of the week before I received the delivery. I wasn't able to track the order at Buy a Gift so I contacted them on 31st August and 1st September… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to fraulina16's Review

Written on: 07/09/2017

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review and I’m sorry to hear your order hasn’t arrived with you yet.

You chose to have your order sent by standard delivery and it can sometimes take up to 5 working days during busy periods. However, it definitely should have reached you by now – it must have got lost on the way I’m afraid. This doesn’t happen very often but when it does it can be very frustrating of course.

We would recommend calling our Customer Service team to dispatch a replacement free of charge for you, under the circumstances.

I hope this has helped and your experience does not deter you from visiting our site again.

Fraulina16's reply to Buyagift Helper's Comment

Written on: 07/09/2017

Unfortunately on the 5 working days the item hadn't shown up and I was in contact with your Customer Service team regularly - the issue has now been resolved and today on the 7th working day a delivery was made unfortunately after my Dad's birthday but I am making arrangements to make the 2 hour drive to his home at the weekend to pass on his belated birthday present. The lady at Buy a Gift arranged the second delivery by Parcelforce and arrived on day it should and has reimbursed my £2.99 on the first delivery - so all turned out good in the end.

Read 2 Comments

“Failed to use voucher”

Written on: 31/08/2017 by Clayton1948 (1 review written)

My daughter gave us a present of a two night stay at a hotel. We wanted to use the gift as an halfway stop off on our way home from a holiday in Scotland. We chose the Yorkshire Hotel in Harrogate. On line it showed parking facilities directly outside the hotel. We arrived at the hotel at 15.00 hrs on a Thursday. On the day in question not only were there no hotel parking spaces there was not a place to park paid for or otherwise in any area in that area of Harrogate. We drove around for over… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/08/2017

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I’m sorry to hear that you have been left feeling disappointed by your experience. At Buyagift we take our customer service very seriously, and we never like to hear of any negative feedback.

Any complaints we receive are automatically logged on our system against the experience supplier. This is then flagged to the Buying and Marketing teams and then with the experience provider to ensure future improvements. Please rest assured that your comments have been logged and will be helpful in this review process.

If you could please email us your voucher reference number we can investigate further into your complaint.

Once again I am really sorry for your disappointment and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Cjmv's Comment

Written on: 08/09/2017

Interesting to read this. We have a Voucher and find it irritating and time consuming. Wading through the very limited choice of hotels. Not knowing much detail about the hotel without using a cell phone to look up hotel facilities in conjunction with Buy A Gift on our PC screen. Once found the hotel has limited access to Voucher holders. This all took a whole day.

We tried again today. As before once they know you are a Voucher holder aka Second Class Citizens, they suddenly have no more "space" for vouchers in Sept/Oct whereas they did in the fine print. That's why we waited til school holidays are over so we can target hotels in Sept but alas the goal posts have moved. November earliest time. Yeah sure!

Will also be telling our daughter tomorrow - no more Buy A Gift vouchers for us.

Still waiting for some horrifically complicated technology driven system to get back to us despite having spoken to a real person on Reception who confirmed our chosen dates are available.

Too complicated. Too consuming. Just bung me an amount

Cjmv's Comment

Written on: 08/09/2017

Too complicated. Too consuming. Just bung me an amount

Read 3 Comments

“View from Shard & Latium Restaurant ”

Written on: 07/08/2017 by Kaydie (1 review written)

Gift was sold on basis that restaurant was a "short stroll" from The Shard. In fact it's almost 5 miles away completely mis sold… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to Kaydie's Review

Written on: 09/08/2017

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the gift purchased through Buyagift.

We always try our hardest to make sure that the product descriptions and images we use in our marketing material and on our website are accurate.

We want all of our customers to be able to make informed decisions about their purchases through us, and we aim to include as much information as possible about any possible restrictions or limitations, and this can be found both pre and post-purchase under the heading of 'fine print' or 'Important Information' on each product page. We never intend to mislead any of our customers, and attempt to make all of this information as transparent as possible.

We clearly show two distinct locations under the heading 'view on map' on the product page, I'm sorry if you missed this at point of purchase and in the voucher pack post purchase. The restaurant is also identified in the "Summary" and "Fine Print" against this product.

We do apologise for any disappointment caused!

Read 1 Comment

“BE WARNED - experience is ENTY ONLY”

Written on: 14/07/2017

I had a £50 gift buyagift voucher and saw the "Welcome Day at The Club and Spa, Chester" I went onto the club and spa website and they advertise "Spa Welcome* The perfect introduction into thespa. A day of relaxing in thespa with use of all of its facilities and Afternoon Tea" BE WARNED - the Welcome day gift voucher DOES NOT get you the Spa Welcome. All you get with a £50 buyagift voucher for this experience is your ENTRY ONLY. I feel like I was mislead by buyagift stating this is a… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/07/2017

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. We do state what a voucher includes in the description of the product and fine print both before and after purchase, we are very sorry if you were not aware of this.

We have passed on your comments to the spa and our account manager, which will be very helpful in our review process.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to email us with your voucher number.

“Bucket list fun”

Written on: 24/06/2017 by MelanieB123 (1 review written)

I have used buyagift for a number of purchases, mostly doing fun things to tick off my bucket list The vouchers are usually easy to redeem although I struggled a bit with Marriott Hotel spa day The best experience so far was gliding experience. I went to Shenington glider club. They were amazing , friendly, professional, enthusiastic and I had a brilliant experience. I wish I lived closer so I could take lessons… Read Full Review

“DISAPPOINTING”

Written on: 17/05/2017 by qdBates416 (1 review written)

My friend bought the Taste of Italy three course meal as a present for me and my husband. The choices of restaurants are Zizzi or Prezzo. Ok, no problem with that, however when you get the restaurant (we chose Prezzo) you don't get a choice from the full menu, but have the cheapest options (i.e. pizza or basic pasta dishes). This was very disappointing. It really was Hobson's Choice!! It would be better if they offered anything on the menu TO THE VALUE OF THE VOUCHER rather than have to endure… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/05/2017

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry you were not aware our Prezzo vouchers include a choice from a set menu, this is stated on the description and fine print of your voucher. We try and do our best to make this clear for our customers to avoid any disappointment. I have passed on your comments to my management team to review to ensure future improvements. If you need anything else please do not hesitate to email us.

“money down the drain”

Written on: 02/05/2017 by winterkiss (1 review written)

had a voucher that expired 8 days ago. we tried to extend because we couldnt use it in the time frame and was told sorry, cant do that. tried online and by phone and told the same £150 down the drain. if you have a voucher make sure you use it because although they say you can extend the dates. we couldnt… Read Full Review

I am very sorry to hear your voucher has expired .

All of our experiences have set validity periods, and the vast majority of our vouchers provide 10 months from the date of purchase.

I apologise if you were not aware of this. We advertise the expiry dates on the voucher prior to purchase, and we also print the expiry date on the voucher itself.

We do our best to make this clear for our customers, so that they are aware of when they will need to use their voucher by.

Please email in to us with your voucher reference number or contact our customer service team and we can discuss your voucher further.

Again I am really sorry for your disappointment and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Winterkiss's reply to Buyagift Helper's Comment

Written on: 07/05/2017

It was your customer service team that told me the voucher couldn't be extended, transfered etc. When I mentioned that it was just money wasted she just said sorry, nothing we can do

Winterkiss's reply to Buyagift Helper's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2017

I've had 5 replies from buy a gift in response to my review......all of them have been standard replies, all with the exact same wording which just goes to show that they don't care enough to read the reviews but just leave it all to an automated response system

Read 7 Comments

“tererible service ”

Written on: 21/04/2017 by isDominguez411 (1 review written)

I haven't got my voucher and its been nearly 3 weeks now - they have no idea what is going on - I have contacted them on numerous occasions and I still await a call back to tell me - yes they are nice people to speak to but they don't do or know anything… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/04/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am so sorry to hear you have not yet received your voucher and the disappointment this has caused you.

Please can you email us with your voucher reference number and we will investigate further, to ensure you receive your gift as soon as possible.

Once again I am really sorry and look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Read 1 Comment

“WONDERFUL RELAXING SPA DAY FOR 2 AT RIVERHILLS IPSWICH”

Written on: 14/04/2017

My friend and I have visited Riverhills Ipswich several times on BuyaGift 2 for 1 spa days. The experience is so relaxing that we never want the day to end. We arrive around 10:00am and relax in the spa area until lunch. Lunch is a delicious 2 course meal in the sunny dining room. We then had three treatments which were fabulous. The beauticians are very skilled and pleasant. We then usually have a pot of tea while our nails are drying off. Then comes the hard part - leaving the relaxing… Read Full Review

“Not worth the money ”

Written on: 02/04/2017 by Gillxrich (1 review written)

Had a buy a gift bought as a gift from our children they sell them as valid 10 months however hardly any of there choice of hotels accept them from June to September making them absolutely useless we used our in March which then means nothing is open around you until easter so no there not a good gift and I think it's an awful shame when your loved ones feel they have got you the ideal gift the company should be ashamed really .. they should make this clear to the buyer which they don't… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to Gillxrich's Review

Written on: 03/04/2017

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your hotel stay voucher.

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed booking your experience, all hotel restrictions should be displayed under their fine print both pre and post purchase which customers are agreeing to.

If this is not the case please email us with your voucher reference number, so we can ensure the correct information is amended on our site to ensure future improvements!

I am once again so sorry for any inconveniences this has caused and look forward to hearing from you.

“Customer service”

Written on: 02/04/2017 by Serenau142 (1 review written)

We have not used our voucher yet it was bought as a wedding present and we've been unable to use due to personal circumstances I called and explain this to a girl who was fantastic and extended it for me, customer service 5star… Read Full Review

“The Driving Blast Smartbox”

Written on: 01/02/2017 by mdPutnam166 (1 review written)

I had no idea what to get my boyfriend for Valentines Day, I didn't only want to get him something that we could do together, I wanted to do something just for him! So I came across buy a gift and found the perfect voucher- The Driving Blast Smartbox. It was an excellent price, provides much choice for him; quad biking and supercar adrenaline experiences- Perfect. When the package came, within 2 days, I was surprised. It was a little box with his voucher in and a book to show you which… Read Full Review

“Excellent Value for Money. We have used 2for 1 Breaks.”

Written on: 01/12/2016 by Shaffer321 (1 review written)

We have been to a few different hotels,All have been excellent, The rooms have been warm and comfortable.Bathrooms have been very good. The Full English Breakfasts have always been of a high standard. We have bought another couple of buy a gift for next year… Read Full Review

“Rally Experience”

Written on: 27/11/2016 by Dangelo368 (1 review written)

Ive bought a Rally Experience Day for my Daughter, it came within 3 days , great service,cant wait to see her face when she opens it on Christmas Morning, will let you know how her Rally Day goes...Thankyou Dawn Langton… Read Full Review

“Always good service”

Written on: 20/11/2016 by Barney17 (1 review written)

Have ordered quite a few deals as presents. Recipients have enjoyed them very much. There is something for everyone… Read Full Review

“No compassion for ill health”

Written on: 25/10/2016 by Chris Morant (2 reviews written)

Given a visit to Kew Gardens for Christmas 2015 because of health problems it got overlooked and expired this month(October) as only valid for 10 months. Found out today it can be revived but at a cost of £20. If we ever really wanted to go as pensioners a couple of tickets would cost us £26 Blatant profiteering! Decided not to bother, however, would recommend the daily primary coloured epistle (riddle) people as they were brilliant. A full years validity would help as would aligning… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to Chris Morant's Review

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm sorry to hear you've had some difficulties with ill health, we certainly do take factors like this in to account when assisting our customers.

Please email your voucher reference number in and I'd be happy to look in to this further.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you.

Written on: 27/10/2016

Thank you for belated response. The pretty tin and the reference card were taken by the dustmen yesterday - but it was a trip for two to Kew Gardens

Buyagift Helper's reply to Chris Morant's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2016

Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

I am sorry to hear this. Perhaps you can email us with the name and address of the original purchaser, and I'd be happy to locate the order this way? I'll ensure to have this picked up straight away.

Buyagift Helper's reply to Chris Morant's Comment

Written on: 03/11/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Please contact us - this way it will come straight through to me.

I hope this helps!
Em

Buyagift Helper's reply to Buyagift Helper's Comment

Written on: 08/11/2016

Hi,

It appears we're unable to post our email address through this website - please use the contact form on our website.

I hope this helps!
Thanks

Chris Morant's Response to Chris Morant's Review

Written on: 09/11/2016

Whilst the initial response was as described above, since posting the Review Buyagift have been far more sympathetic and an extended voucher has been issued so perhaps the heading should now read "delayed compassion for ill health" But in any event Buyagift have now done the decent thing so I am happy

Read 10 Comments

“Brill every time. ”

Written on: 21/10/2016 by Rossalljulie (1 review written)

Have used this sight on numerous occasions and never been disappointed. My parents enjoyed a day out at the races recently. Our daughters and partners liked their visit to Prezzo. I like that the recipient can book for a time suitable to them. Have just ordered some smart boxes as Christmas presents which are valid for 24 months. What is there not to like!… Read Full Review

“No gift yet!”

Written on: 07/10/2016 by Alizae3 (1 review written)

Ordered a voucher for a birthday gift for a friend, paid extra for gift box and they said it would arrive in 1-2 days. 5 days later nothing. Tried the help line and you get many recorded messages which do not help. Eventually got through and they said a new gift box would be sent out the next day. I'm waiting… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/10/2016

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback!

I am very sorry to hear that your order hasn't arrived. I would very much like to look in to this further for you.

Please email in your reference number to us and we will ensure we can find out what has happened.

Once more I am sorry for the delay but I look forward to hearing from you.