Epson Stylus Photo 750 Reviews

Epson Stylus Photo 750
2.8

Epson Stylus Photo 750 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Epson Stylus Photo 750

“I've had one ten years and still going strong. Slow...”

written by on 16/12/2009

I've had one ten years and still going strong. Slow but reliable. Photo prints used to be very good. Cartridges (non Epson brand) make it cheap to run

“For its age as a photo printer I can?t really fault my...”

written by on 11/01/2008

For its age as a photo printer I can?t really fault my Epson Stylus Photo 750, I also have an Epson scanner and they work well in harmony with each other in the Epson twain configures your photos for this printer and the quality is superb. It may be a little slower than its modern counterparts but don't underestimate the quality
The only thing that puts me off slightly is the cost of branded inks so I don't buy them I bought this when it came out many moons ago and i can honestly say its built to last and still works really good, I can't complain and I would say if you see one going cheap its well worth purchasing and it works great with cheaper inks.
On matt photo paper for example 5 x 7 the photos from my digital camera are as good as anything I have seen out there.

“Not as fast or probably as good as the new models....”

written by alggomas on 09/07/2007

Not as fast or probably as good as the new models. However for its age and its purpose and although slow it still delivers excellent photo pictures.

“I've had the Epson Stylus Photo 750 printer longer...”

written by MattBeard on 14/08/2004

I've had the Epson Stylus Photo 750 printer longer than I can remember and used it loads.

It is now my "second" printer and it is not happy in this role. If you don't use it for a week or so you really need to "clean" it and that wastes ink.

When it was my main printer it was great for most uses (but for plain black nothing beats the speed and quality of even a cheap laser).

I loved the quality of the photo prints - but the paper is pricey. These days I am sure you can get much better photo printers, but some of the cheap ones I have seen are not as good as this old model.

“It's not the latest supersonic printer but I have been...”

written by Josh. on 08/07/2003

It's not the latest supersonic printer but I have been using this Epson Stylus Photo 750 for years and it's been very reliable, produces great quality colour images and also sharp texts. I don't understand why other people comment bad thing about its text print quality. The colour print may not be as fast as the latest models but it's ok for b&w. It takes more than A4 (envelope for A4 papers for example) which is pretty useful. These days there are very cheap compatible ink cartridges available which make this printer more attractive. At work I have Stylus Photo 1290 but the ink cartridges cost fortunes!!! It's a great printer, full stop. Er can someone tell me how to fold the back part??? the tray comes off okay but the rest stays open.

“Inkjet printers are rubbish. The manufacturers...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by Bluey. on 23/12/2002

Inkjet printers are rubbish. The manufacturers typically quote a print speed of say 6 pages per minute in colour. This is complete tripe. Even in draft mode printing one character, using Ariel Font with a pitch of 10 points, you wouldn't get 6 pages per minute. Try it! Epson printers are absolute junk, we've had most models at work over the last ten years. They are noisy and they don't last very long. Our expensive 900 series packed up, with unusable printhead, within 2 years of only moderate use. I will never buy another Epson. HP are quieter, far more reliable and a much better buy. Also every time you turn on (or 0ff) an Epson, it goes through this long winded, noisy initialisation. The HP 990cxi is instantly ready, with no noisy head movement. Epsons are no good - AVOID

Briggsy.'s Response to 59901_Bluey.'s Review

Written on: 12/03/2003

I must admit I totally agree with the comments made about epson, they are a very noisy and annoying printer, I thought mine was breaking up at first and switched it off in panic, I have got an epson C 60 printer and have just been trying to do some transfers on itt, it told me to flip the wording to horizontal, it mentioned horizontal on their help list and wot to do but I have spent hours trying to find out where that particular setting is, still not found it or any phone number for the epson helpline. like u say a complete waste of time. briggsy, sorry and disilusuioned and baffled, now where's that rope?

“Whilst the Epson Stylus Photo 750 inkjet printer can...”

written by ajit. on 14/09/2002

Whilst the Epson Stylus Photo 750 inkjet printer can produce good photo quality print, it is slow and it is unreliable. Epson should be ashamed of themselves. Mine 'died' in under 2 years. I came close to the 'I'll never buy Epson again' brigade.

“This Epson Stylus Photo 750 inkjet printer is by far...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by Rider. on 31/07/2002

This Epson Stylus Photo 750 inkjet printer is by far the biggest piece of junk I've ever purchased. The most unreliable printer I've used. While picture quality is fantastic, it's unreliable, unreliable, unreliable. I just can't count on the printer to deliver what I need when I need it. I don't have the time to clean the printer 5 times before it works properly. If you want a printer, buy Hewlett Packard.

39907_Horace.'s Response to 31252_Rider.'s Review

Written on: 26/09/2002

Damn straight, this thing's a piece. The quality is lovely, if it decides to print without clogging, streaking or generally freaking out. My money would have been better spent if I had just burned it in my driveway

Tomo359's Response to 31252_Rider.'s Review

Written on: 17/04/2007

I have got an Epson Stylus photo 750 and it has performed fine for me. Ok it does have some errors but what printer doesn't. Photo quality is excellent. It does not print text anything special unless you set it to find print. It is noisy and a bit slow for good quality prints but i have had it over 7 years and still works fine. One big thing is that is uses quite a lot of ink and all the colour is from one cartridge so when one colour runs out the whole thing has to be replaced. Overall i have been happy with it. I have a laser for black and white prints anyway so i use it for colour and photos.

“The Epson Stylus Photo 750 inkjet printer is a rather...”

written by Marcia. on 04/04/2002

The Epson Stylus Photo 750 inkjet printer is a rather old model now but I still enjoy excellent quality photo AND TEXT printing from it. I am puzzled by the "lousy text quality" comments - could low grade paper be the problem?

“If you use your printer mainly for text, take my...”

written by Simon. on 04/01/2002

If you use your printer mainly for text, take my advice and steer well clear of the Epson 750. I only wish the salesman had given me this piece of advice too.

8553_Paul.'s Response to 8480_Simon.'s Review

Written on: 05/01/2002

I used to have Epson printers then switched to HP with great improvements on text quality. Mind you, Epson printers seem to handle pictures better (generalisation I know)

“Pros: Photo quality is excellent and the software...”

written by mjfarrer. on 10/03/2000

Pros: Photo quality is excellent and the software which comes with it is very comprehensive. I have no doubt that this is the best budget photo quality printer on the market Cons: it's whiney, slow and the text quality is average. Printer footprint is large as well. Summary:If you want a printer which you will use mostly for text and graphics and don't mind if the photos are not the best quality then get a HP deskjet - they're quieter, faster and smaller footprint. But if you're like me and don't mind the text quality being so-so but want your photos as good as can be, then get the Epson. After all no-one but me sees the text I print off but everyone will see the photos!

“Excellent photo reproduction at a reasonable speed and...”

written by F Sheff. on 20/02/2000

Excellent photo reproduction at a reasonable speed and increasingly attractive price; USB connection for easy setup; 6-color printing.