Oasis, Be Here Now Reviews

Oasis, Be Here Now - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Oasis, Be Here Now

Oasis, Be Here Now

“Both Liam and Noel Gallegher have enough talent and...”

Written on: 29/07/2008 by rantomon (11 reviews written)

Both Liam and Noel Gallegher have enough talent and raw ability to produce something better than this below par album.

Perhaps they just wanted to keep there A list material for a rainy day… Read Full Review

“I love this Oasis album, as I was lucky enough to hear...”

Written on: 12/10/2006 by Helen of Troy (188 reviews written)

I love this Oasis album, as I was lucky enough to hear it at its best - Live. Tickets for their Be Here Now 1997 tour were like gold dust, and I hung on to the phone for 2 days, constantly trying to get through to the ticket line. I was shocked, surprised, delighted, jumping for joy when I finally got through and managed to clinch tickets!!

The gig was fantastic. And not so well known back then, the supporting band were the great Travis.

Kicking off the gig they played the title track Be… Read Full Review

Muddiedup's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 13/10/2006

Umm, why is this an expert review? It says nothing about the album. It doesn't help me make a purchase decision at all. There is no information about what songs are good, what they're singing about or what they sound like, or how it compares to other Oasis albums. I don't need a tracklisting or statistics about how many copies were sold. And while I'm glad that the reviewer enjoyed seeing the band live, it really has nothing at all to do with a review of the CD and that information should be in the Live Music section of this website. So, really, why has this been given expert status as it has no relevant content?

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 20/12/2006

I have been fortunate enough to see Oasis play live on a number of occasions, and I agree that they were great. I would recommend Oasis Live to anyone.

Mod's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 19/10/2006

Review Centre acknowledge that everyone has different opinions. Review Centre is here so that you can share your opinion on a product from your own perspective. In this case the moderator felt the review deserved its expert status due to the review containing a number of things, including statistics and a track list for readers who do not currently have the album etc.
<br/>
<br/>If you have any further concerns regarding this, please can you use the contact form to send a message directly to Review Centre, and we will be happy to answer any further queries.

Written on: 18/10/2006

muddiedup, I don't believe you will find any of this info on the back cover of the CD apart from the list of song titles. If none of the info is of interest to you then probably the album will not be either, so maybe skip this one?! Or if I can enlighten you any further on the content I will be more than pleased to do so. But I suggest you ask your friends if they have the album, listen to it, then decide for yourself. It is very difficult for me writing a review on a band you obviously know nothing about, but I have tried my best. Maybe if you do buy the album you would please write a better, more in depth and accurate review than mine. I am sure the Moderators will judge it by it's content and whether it is helpful to others, as mine has been, and decide whether yours also should get Expert status. Many thanks!

Written on: 18/10/2006

Thank you all for your comments, it is nice to read even the negative one rather than just leave a negative rating, then at least when writing reviews I can try to rectify or add anything that is within my knowledge of any item! Once again, Thanks!

Muddiedup's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 18/10/2006

Sorry, but I got nothing from this review that I couldn't get from the back cover of the CD. And hence I would like to know why the Review Centre moderators gave this expert status.

Mr E's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 15/10/2006

I saw this gig too. The tour was for the album and vice versa so very relevent. Great review.

Written on: 15/10/2006

Suggest you read it again. Not as good as Morning Glory unless you saw them live. Seeing a group live makes the album more alive when heard on audio. I am sure you will agree. As many as 4 of the listed tracks were released as singles. Anyone remotely interested in Oasis will have heard them anyway, but I will try to explain each track individually just for you my friend, as you have no knowledge of this great and well known band. I would have thought that judging by the record sales for this album would give you some idea that it is well worth a listen. 8,000,000 people surely can't be wrong, which is why I emphasised this point.
<br/>
<br/>Please also bear in mind, I don't decide who gets Expert Review, it is nice when one of my reviews gets it, but it is only 2 extra points so why the big fuss?!!!! I just try to make a review as interesting as I can, and as this album was a TOUR album I felt it important to include the gig they played to PROMOTE the album.
<br>OK, the tracks are all written by Noel Gallagher. As follows:
<br/>D'ya Know What I Mean was released as a single. Anyone who has not heard this must have been locked in a hole for a long time. It starts with the sound of a helicopter, and it is a catchy slow rockin little number. The first line of the lyrics are "Step off the train...." Chart position no. 1 released July 1997.
<br>
<br/>Stand By Me. Another track released as a single. "Stand By Me, Nobody kno-ows, the way its gonna be" (guitar riff). Slowish rock, the title tells the story?! Released September 1997 and reached no. 2.
<br/>
<br>All Around The World. Again, released as a single in January 1998. This reached No. 1 in the charts. Again, I am very surprised you have not heard it. It's all about making the world a better place.
<br/>Don't Go Away was released in Japan only, but still got a fair amount of airplay in the UK. A gentle rocking little number.
<br/>
<br/>Shall I continue along these lines with the entire album? Would this be what you would call Expert status earned? I would call it a little boring and very long winded for the reader. However, if you would like me to go further into the album I will be pleased to do so. Bear in mind for all this I have only earned 1 point, but I am really not that fussed! May I also suggest you read some other reviews, which maybe consist of 1 or 2 lines, maybe not expert status, but I take a little more time over most reviews I write and still get the same 2 points as if I had written 2 lines. SO, if you still have a problem with how the system works take it up with the Review Centre. If you would like me to enlighten you a little further on the content of the Be Here Now album, I will be delighted to help you make your decision to buy the album by describing each track in detail just for you!! Can't do more than that now can I?!!!
<br/>
<br/>Just leave another comment expressing your wishes at the end of this. Many thanks!!

Live4Music's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 14/10/2006

I disagree about this review not offering any information about the album. And after reading this review I actually did go out and buy the album. I have to agree that it is an excellent album!

Read 9 Comments