Siemens C55 Reviews

• Style

Siemens C55 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Siemens C55

Siemens C55

“Poor phone, not very good software.”

Written on: 08/11/2008

Poor phone, not very good software… Read Full Review

“I bought the Siemens C55 phone 5 years back and had...”

Written on: 06/08/2008

I bought the Siemens C55 phone 5 years back and had excellent performance, still working… Read Full Review

“The Siemens C55 is a great mobile phone! ”

Written on: 09/10/2005 by kristalrok (6 reviews written)

The Siemens C55 is a great mobile phone!

It has no camera or colour screen, but it still has features.

It is easy to use, and has a good setup on the buttons and menu… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I got a Siemens C55 mobile phone when they first came...”

Written on: 10/09/2005 by snake65 (1 review written)

I got a Siemens C55 mobile phone when they first came out a couple of years ago. I was sold on the fact it had a cute white exterior, and the fact that you could record your own ringtones.
I would have to say that it was the biggest waste of just over $400 I ever experienced.
The ringtones were so soft you couldn't hear them at all at first, and as they increased in volume, they were only just audible. (I'm not deaf, either).
I thought there was a fault with the phone, and I sent it off for… Read Full Review

“I have always had siemens mobile and i have always...”

Written on: 26/05/2004 by Armadillo (1 review written)

I have always had siemens mobile and i have always been satisfied.
This Siemens C55 is the best mobile phone i've owned.
It was one of the first phoned with polyphonic ringtones, you can record your own ringotnes by holding it up to a speaker, or anything thats makes noise!!
It has GPRS, not much use to me but some people like it.
The sound quality of phone calls is fantastic and i have never had a problem mechanically with it.

Highly recommended, you can pick one up off Ebay for around £40.00… Read Full Review

“This Siemens C55 Mobile phone is a great phone and...”

Written on: 09/05/2004 by JohnPaulJones (1 review written)

This Siemens C55 Mobile phone is a great phone and highly reliable! i am writing this review as i am soon to replace it with the samsung E700, and in a way this is my phones Obituary! this phone has served me well and i would recomend it to anyone who would ask my opinion of it. as mentioned previously, its only problem is that it is over a year and a half old and so is without all of the more recent features. i am quite sad to see it go to be honest!

nevertheless....

this phone has… Read Full Review

“The Siemens C55 is overall a nice little mobile phone...”

Written on: 27/01/2004 by roadblock7 (1 review written)

The Siemens C55 is overall a nice little mobile phone more suited to a lady or a man with small hands and fingers and good eye sight for the keys. would fit easily in and inner jacket pocket.
Ringtones are fairly loud and you should not miss this phone.
The phone cost me originally £139 back in october 02 when it was first released.
This phone is very reliable like the original C45 phone but really has been replaced by the likes of A55 with very similar feature for less money.
Andy… Read Full Review

“Great value for money (I paid 89 Euro for this phone,...”

Written on: 18/10/2003 by fredmens (1 review written)

Great value for money (I paid 89 Euro for this phone, prepaid).
clear sound, easy to use.
I can recommend this phone… Read Full Review

“At present O2 Ireland have special offer on Siemens C55;...”

Written on: 16/10/2003 by siorghlas (1 review written)

At present O2 Ireland have special offer on Siemens C55; an existing pre-pay customer can pay 129 euro for the phone & get back 120 euro over 12 months in call credit. (once you've paid 60 euro in past 3 months) But it's much smaller than my last one & when I leant over it fell out of my pocket into a bucket of water! (After 10 days of use) Despite removing it immediately & trying to dry it on the car heater fan, the phone will not now get a network. (But otherwise still works!) I think the… Read Full Review

“I've been a regular Siemens fanatic. The Siemens C55...”

Written on: 20/07/2003 by Sameer. (1 review written)

I've been a regular Siemens fanatic. The Siemens C55 came after my C35i and C45. The C55 can be defined as the new and improved version of the C45. It has everything available in this price range. Infact if cell phones with coloured displays weren't innovated yet, I can think of any other reason for switching my cell phone with any other latest model… Read Full Review

“The case and buttons have a hard slippery plasticky...”

Written on: 18/06/2003 by Steve. (1 review written)

The case and buttons have a hard slippery plasticky look and feel, and consequently the whole phone feels a little cheap.
I can't settle on any of the ringtones as they are all naff I'm afraid.
The C55 does have some nice features though. It looks very nice, and it does the job its supposed to. ie. it makes phone calls… Read Full Review

“This Siemens C55 is my 4th mobile, before this I used...”

Written on: 20/05/2003 by Syaful. (1 review written)

This Siemens C55 is my 4th mobile, before this I used Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Nokia 8250..

Who should buy this phone

People who want a small sized handphone with a lot of latest feature and priced below RM520 (in KL).

Cool Features

Its polyphonic ringtones sounds really good and U can download around 10 new polyringtones. This phone also support GPRS and WAP, bear in mind WAP via GPRS is a lot cheaper than WAP via GSM. The C55 is also preloaded with 2 JAVA games, again u can download new JAVA… Read Full Review

“I had used a Nokia 6210 & Siemens ME45 before. I buy...”

Written on: 18/05/2003 by AGENT_007. (1 review written)

I had used a Nokia 6210 & Siemens ME45 before. I buy this C55 for fun. Lots of the menus are similar to ME45, except for addressbook & monthly-view-calendar.

- VOICE DIAL, COMMAND, RECORD: VDial up to 20 entries. These options are not available at the latest, more expensive Nokia 6610, 7210, 6100, (and 7250 I believe). Find out for yourself, you'll be surprised.
- PROFILE: 8 categories, customizable to different environment. DYNAMIC VIBRATE with Light Effects: Helicopter, UFO… Read Full Review

“I bought it 2 weeks ago and I'm satisfied with it. ”

Written on: 14/03/2003 by Igor. (1 review written)

I bought it 2 weeks ago and I'm satisfied with it.
For this money you cannot buy a better mobile, but the case is a bit loose and I wonder if I changed it for other one, the problem wil disappear or not… Read Full Review

“I would not recommend this Siemens C55 mobile phone to...”

Written on: 14/03/2003 by KartikN. (1 review written)

I would not recommend this Siemens C55 mobile phone to anyone living in India. Rather go in for the c35(If its still around)..c35 is by far the best phone made by siemens and the reason why i got the c55 is because i assumed the quality would be the same as the c35. The c55 didnt please me from day 1. The vibrator would function even if it was turned off. The authorized service center told me that a firmware update would solve the problem and though they didnt charge me anything(well...they… Read Full Review

97300_Karthik Ramakrishnan.'s Response to KartikN.'s Review

Written on: 13/05/2003

I extremely disagree. The antenna works fine for me. Undoubtly the games take time to load but it's not the stupid snake game, it's Prince of Persia!! The tones sounds just fine and nice unless u set the volume very very low.

166439_She Devil's Response to KartikN.'s Review

Written on: 19/08/2004

I bought my C55 after I lost my (very expensive) Ericcson T20s and this time I wanted a cheap phone. I payed only 50€ for it cause it was in promotion and I got the silver version of the c55 and I assure you it lookes a lot cooler than the blue one and the screen is blue insted of orange. I have to say I didn't expect this phone still to work after a year but it still does and I dropped it like a thousand times. I'm very pleased with this phone and I think I'm gonna stick with Siemens.

Sriram's Response to KartikN.'s Review

Written on: 27/10/2003

Here below I write about the problems faced by me and not Plus points in the mobile. This is my first cell phone that i was bought on 25.10.2003 for Rs.5700/-. Only 2 days has gone. I bought this mobile after reading many reviews from the internet sites. I agree with him in one point that the integrated antenna is not working well.I am also getting the same problem he faced that the "network search" message. Some times I am getting some other service providers name in the service provider's display in the mobile.
<br>
<br>My friends (They are using Nokia & Panasonic) said that the receiption of the phone quality is not good comparing to their mobiles.
<br>
<br>I write again after using the mobile for some more days.

104465_Sid.'s Response to KartikN.'s Review

Written on: 05/06/2003

I beg to differ with your comments. I bought the C55 on a recent visit to Saudi at a bargain price of Rs 5500/- and it is great value for money.
<br>The features are great, so what if Prince of Persia takes long time, it is a Java game.
<br>Sounds are a touch low but it has a vibrator so it doesnt matter.
<br>Which other phone comes so small, is priced so cheap and has so many features?

Read 4 Comments

“An improved C45, plus a very good extra-ordinary audio...”

Written on: 08/03/2003 by Sameer Shahid Manzar. (1 review written)

An improved C45, plus a very good extra-ordinary audio system. An excellent cell phone for all those 'Siemens' fans out there, I love my C55!!… Read Full Review

“I bought a siemens c55 gsm. I am very happy about it i...”

Written on: 18/02/2003 by mathias. (1 review written)

I bought a siemens c55 gsm. I am very happy about it i didn't have a single problem mathias… Read Full Review

99493_Syaful.'s Response to mathias.'s Review

Written on: 20/05/2003

Actually there a software update for the ringtones. Just visit www.my-siemens.com/c55

Read 1 Comment

“A very nice and good-looking phone. The menu is good,...”

Written on: 04/02/2003 by Radu Cazac. (1 review written)

A very nice and good-looking phone. The menu is good, intuitive and easy to use, lots of facilities and superb backlighting. The possibility of downloading Java applets, melodies and pictures, personalising ring tones, logos and screensavers just makes you feel you could never get bored with this phone. The downsides: low battery life (3-4 days with 5-6 mins. speaking a day and backlight off, no games), ringtones not loud enough (you could miss some calls),software bugs (the vibra won't go off… Read Full Review

Mr Terrorist.'s Response to Radu Cazac.'s Review

Written on: 17/02/2003

I love the phone, you shud buy it it's wicked,

Bad Old Man.'s Response to Radu Cazac.'s Review

Written on: 24/07/2003

The fact that the sound is not very loud is a real drawback. With this cell phone, you are garanteed to miss some calls.
<br>Apart from that a good phone.

Read 2 Comments

“It is a low priced phone which is very cute to look at...”

Written on: 23/01/2003 by Rohith. (1 review written)

It is a low priced phone which is very cute to look at and comes with loads of features. It is a must buy for people who like small phones with large features… Read Full Review

“If you going to get a mobile phone, get a Siemens C55...”

Written on: 20/01/2003 by JJ. (1 review written)

If you going to get a mobile phone, get a Siemens C55 or a S55 if you can afford a colour one, but anyway the C55 is great, it's small, has poly ringtones and animation, it's has handsfree function, voice dialing, record your own sounds, long battery life, organiser and lots more have a look at www.my-siemens.com for full spec's. Thanks for reading JJ… Read Full Review