Philips eXpanium Reviews

Philips eXpanium - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Philips eXpanium

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“The Philips Expanium 201 portable MP3 player does more...”

Written on: 12/02/2002 by ali cahmal. (1 review written)

The Philips Expanium 201 portable MP3 player does more than the previous version. However programming it can be as difficult as bath diarreah. You can rewind and fast forward mp3's.
However i get error messages at times with perfectly good cd's, "er 003" or "er 004" and the cd won't play. Sometimes i get a nf Disc error and it does not play on flat surfaces… Read Full Review

Manohar.'s Response to 12530_ali cahmal.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

I am getting the error 003 and after that it displays nF Disc can you tell me the remedy for this. It's not playing any disc
will be thankful if you can throw some lite on it

Mr. Ken.'s Response to 12530_ali cahmal.'s Review

Written on: 10/01/2003

I'm getting the same problem with my EXP 401. The manual says this is a not finished disk error, but I can't get any information about how to correct this. Not even from Philips customer support (which is labyrintine). Please let me know if you find a workaround. [email protected]

Read 2 Comments

“It would be nice to know with the Phillips Expanium...”

Written on: 14/12/2001 by Sneezy. (1 review written)

It would be nice to know with the Phillips Expanium MP3 player if there is a maximum size MP3 file that can't be played, or if some MP3 coding will not play on this player… Read Full Review

“I paid a lot of money for this MP3 player, (compared...”

Written on: 10/07/2001 by Pyro. (1 review written)

I paid a lot of money for this MP3 player, (compared to buying a portable CD player or a personal stereo) and feel like I should have received more player for my money. Sure, it plays a hell of a lot of MP3 music on one CD, but what else does it do?

If I had bought this 3 years ago, I would have been really impressed, but now my expectations are higher, and this unit didn't quite meet my expectations.

To be impressed, at the money I paid, I would have wanted a metal case, not cheap plastic. a… Read Full Review