Sony Wega Reviews

Sony Wega
3.5

Summary

Read and write reviews of Sony Wega Television Sets. This includes Sony Wega Plasma, LCD, Rear Projection, Widescreen, Combi and Tube televisions. We also provide reviews of individual models of Sony TVs and home cinema equipment in their respective categories.
Sony Wega - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony Wega

“This TV has a fantastic picture. It is by far the best...”

written by helsinkipe8 on 08/06/2021

This TV has a fantastic picture. It is by far the best TV we have ever purchased. And it's at least our 10th in our lifetime. If any of you reading this review are wondering which brand to buy, please take time to investigate Sony and put it up against any other brand of television. I personally always go to Best Buy, because their staff are very educated, helpful and will not lead you the wrong way.

“dasdasda”

written by O'Sullivanpd420 on 16/04/2016

asasasa asdasdas asdadada aasdasa sasasasa adad axaa

“Great Product!!”

written by on 18/05/2012

Great products backed up with great service Always buy Sony TV, it seem a happy coincedance they have the best specs when renal time arrives Although Samsung has got a great set out at the moment!

“We got our wega second hand, it was from the internet....”

written by teacupper on 27/05/2010

We got our wega second hand, it was from the internet. I saw wega for sale and rang them immediatly. Our wega has had it's tumbles, and has a chip in the plastic at the bottom, it is 32" and is heavier than you can belive. This tv is exceptional, 50hz and we get motion blur so little, it is fun when it happens. The sound is excellent, the picture brilliant, we have it 2ish years and the people before us 3ish. This tv is showing no signs of faults and i would probably advise people to buy this rather than a new tv.

“i have 36" which my friend has had since 2001, he has...”

written by on 04/04/2010

i have 36" which my friend has had since 2001, he has just bought a new flat screen and gave me his sony wega. whilst moving the tv from his house to my car i fell backward down 15 stairs when my friend dropped his end and agian when we were try ing to get it into my car boot. when i got it into my house i was devastated that it had a big crack on the top but to my amazement when i turned it on i still worked and has a perfect picture still, this tv is built like a tank. on word to describe this tv = indestructable

“We were very pleased with our Sony Wega but just after...”

written by on 27/01/2010

We were very pleased with our Sony Wega but just after the guarantee expired it began to have cloudy lines which go across the picture - the retailer said they had never heard of it before & would charge to look at it but doubted anything could be done emailed Sony who ignored our email we have always been big fans of Sony but this will be the last of their products we buy - we continue to use the TV but picture not good & continues to be a bad advertisement for Sony when all our friends etc see it.

“The picture tube on my Sony Wega 36" Trinitron TV,...”

written by on 06/06/2009

The picture tube on my Sony Wega 36" Trinitron TV, also manufactured in 2001, went after 8 years. We are very disappointed. I have emailed SONY and hope that they will stand behind their product or it will be the last SONY I buy.

“My 36" Sony Trinitron Wega television was manufactured...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by mozio on 14/01/2007

My 36" Sony Trinitron Wega television was manufactured in Sept.2001 and I brought it in Feb. 2002. On or about Dec.6th, 2006 after turning on my set. I noticed it had no color Red and everything had a yellowish green tint to it.
I tried resetting the color and when that didn't work I ended up calling a repairman. I called three different places before finding a guy who said he would come and take a look. It seemed like everytime I told the person on the phone that I had a 36" Sony Wega and gave them the model number (KV-36FV27), they told me to forget it and that it wasn't worth the trouble, or cost of fixing it. The fouth guy I called agreed to come and take a look. It cost me $177.50, $27.50 for the house call, and $150 labor for him to take the back off the set to change two parts out.
Right off the bat he said he's seen a lot of color problems with this model of Sony (as did the first 3 repairmen I called who refused to come out) He was able to get the Red back but told me that he didn't know how long it would last because it had something to do with the Picture Tube. The "red" lasted a total of 5 days. The estimate he gave me to replace a Picture Tube of my FIVE YEAR OLD Sony was around $1,000, which was just a few bucks short of what I paid for the set back in Feb. 2002.
I called Sony's 800 number and talked to a Customer Service Rep. on Dec. 21st, who took down my remarks and offered to recommend a repairmen but said that all cost incured would be my own. I asked her to have her Supervisor call me because having been a loyal customer of Sony I was totally disappointed. Being retired I was hoping that Sony would spring for a new Picture Tube and I would pay the labor charges to install it.
Not hearing back from Sony, on Jan. 9th, 2007 I emailed them. Once again asking them to work with me to a satisfactory conclusion. All they did was email me back and gave me the same 800 number I called the first time.
If Sony thinks I'm going to put any more money into this 36" Wega they are sadly mistaken. If , and when I can afford to go out and buy a new television It surely won't be a Sony.
I will never buy a Sony product ever again.

“Having lived in both Swindon and the U.S, I can...”

written by ball. on 04/11/2001

Having lived in both Swindon and the U.S, I can honestly say
that there are not enough 'small' wide-screen TVs in (our
corner of) the U.S, and there are far too many TVs with just
RF connectors. There's also a distinct lack of Teletext.

Q1: When is analogue/analog terrestrial being phased out in
Britain?

Q2: Is S4C available over digital terrestrial? :-)

Farouk.'s Response to 5483_ball.'s Review

Written on: 06/07/2002

1) The Government is looking at 2010
<br>
<br>2) Yes S4C~ is on digital. but why watch it. Ch4 is also there.

“I bought a Sony 36" WEGA with built-in stereo. ”

written by debra. on 05/05/2001

I bought a Sony 36" WEGA with built-in stereo.
The stereo is worth the couple hundred bucks extra as it has obviated the need for more extensive (and expensive) components. The picture is INCREDIBLE, and FLAT is BETTER.

While a whopping price tag, its a whopping good picture.

Sibbo's Response to 2012_debra.'s Review

Written on: 03/09/2003

I agree with all your comments on this TV set, and yes it is heavy but I suspect so is any set this size and quality. High definition pictures on this set are beautiful and like looking out the window. I am waiting to see the next model which has a new finer detail tube I understand.

“I have the 32" Sony Wega 50Hz. This screen is...”

written by Neo. on 01/12/2000

I have the 32" Sony Wega 50Hz. This screen is incredable, the picture quality is excellent, sound is good offering the usual modes (Rock,Pop etc) The TV also features a "Smart" mode which automatically ajusts the screen format to the current broadcast. I have mine connected via Scart to Digital Cable TV, the screen goes into 16:9 automatically when there is a Widescreen broadcast.

If you've got the cash then buy a sony Wega, you'll get a quality piece of kit that's very reliable.