Siemens M35 Reviews

Siemens M35
Siemens M35

“Highly functional”

Written on: 06/03/2012

Buy the nokia5140i i'm sure thats it. Ya can pour water over it it has a light too and loud ringers and a camera wiv video capture and infrared file share. easy to use and real small.no where as decent as siemens design n straight forward functioning but siemens care more about the end user. Thats why they gave up production as phones are ridiculously multifunctional and baffling now in 2012. Next we ll be steering our cars on them n tracking our childrens location! Which is against the honourable and timeless morals of an engineering organisation as siemens is.

“The Siemens M35 is so nice i will give away my house...”

Written on: 30/08/2008

The Siemens M35 is so nice i will give away my house for it my friends are jealous about my cell phone.

“The M35i has been the best phone I have ever...”

Written on: 28/12/2007

The M35i has been the best phone I have ever purchased. When it was stolen I purchased a Nokia 5500 sport which was not water resistant at all as the keypad had already peeled off. Is there any such phone available on the market. I have heard about Benq M7 phone?

“This was the first phone I had until it got broken,...”

Written on: 13/06/2005 by buttercup rainbowfly (1 review written)

This was the first phone I had until it got broken, though a 5 year warranty I took out paid off and siemens repaired the phone even though I had it 4 years, it was stolen about 2 years ago now, I've tried many other phones since, many Nokia yucky, very breakable and unreliable, a Sagem myx-2 which was just too small, and a Moto a835 and a1000 which were just too gimmicky, maybe the a1000 could be of some use to a business user

But as an everyday phone I still preferred the m35 so I scoured eBay for a good one and I'm back to it (with about 4 spares should I loose/break it).

Also a very easy phone to repair yourself if you have the parts, although these are hard to come by and often expensive, especially the screens though they are near impossible to break, maybe why its so difficult to get parts because the phone is indestructible.

So long as you put the sockets in the phone (two rubber plugs, one for the antennae socket for the car kit and one for the data/charge port you can feel safe using it in the bath as it WILL survive easily under water for a length of time, and if it's unlucky enough to leak just crack it open (use a flat head screwdriver and leave it all to dry for about a week on a flat surface (NOT THE RADIATOR OR ANY HEAT SOURCE) and it'll usually work again.

Always worth a buy, I'm never going back to a gimmicky phone (e.g. camera, colour, 3g).

“The battery on the Siemens M35 is always running out!...”

Written on: 15/01/2005 by mysteryshopper (1 review written)

The battery on the Siemens M35 is always running out! It comes with a 550maH nicad, replace it with a £15 1350maH Lithium-Ion battery from Eurobatteries instead for super-duper battery life and you can also use the old one as backup.

As a phone to talk with it can't be beat - strong, reliable, you can drop it and it doesn't smash into a thousand bits of plastic and it doesn't feel like it came out of a Kinder Egg or have dubious styling.

A current bargin as far as armoured mobiles go.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I was conned into buying this Siemens M35 mobile phone...”

Written on: 24/01/2004 by Rhys (3 reviews written)

I was conned into buying this Siemens M35 mobile phone by an item of misleading junk mail by Itineris (AKA Orange). I sent away for it and when it arrived I was so disgusted with it I wrote asking for my money back. They refused, pointing out the small print! I hated this phone from the first day. It was an absolute nightmare and although I tried I was never able to get used to it, then one day, shortly after the guarantee had run out, it gave up the ghost.

“i just bought my simens m35 mobile phone just this...”

Written on: 11/12/2003 by leomar18 (1 review written)

i just bought my simens m35 mobile phone just this november to get rid of my old nokia phone,ive been through a lot of phones such as trium mars,motorola nokia 3210 and philips ozeo but then when i purchased this simens m35 the hell i care about other phones.i love its feature and the look,it really fits my lifestyle as a student and a swimmer for its splash proof or even water proof. for 5 minutes.i tried if this phone is really water proof..droped in a glass of water and observed..when i pulled it out of the water.it is still functioning as it was, thoug water is leaking from the lower part.hehehehehe i really love this because of the wap enable but sometimes its slow wen u use wap cause its network reliabale phone.but then if nokia phones are made for style look again style, function, durability and connection.its all in one phone...the 8210s are for charlies angels while the nokia 8850 is known as the james bond of all phone.well step aside for siemens m35 is the lara croft of all phones.i really love my phone.

“I found that the Siemens M35 is an easy and managable...”

Written on: 23/07/2003 by Fizz. (1 review written)

I found that the Siemens M35 is an easy and managable phone. It is a good size and shape and can fit into your bag or pocket easily. However there isn't a wide choice of ringtones, and it is hard to find accessories.

“This is a great phone let down by one little problem:...”

Written on: 20/03/2003 by Why Not. (1 review written)

This is a great phone let down by one little problem: poor battery life. While my five year old Nokia still lasts a week between recharges, my M35 barely lasts 12 hours. And that is just on standby. The supplied battery is a joke. I strongly recommend replacing it with a Li battery.

On the plus side, the M35 is otherwise a great phone. My phone is used in the field and it has survived knocks that would have killed a Nokia.

“* its a good mobile but there is better....”

Written on: 09/03/2003 by Cablouly. (1 review written)

* its a good mobile but there is better....

“After 9 months - turns itself off when connected to...”

Written on: 27/01/2003 by SN. (1 review written)

After 9 months - turns itself off when connected to charger, very short talk time despite being apparantly fully charged, no better with new battery & charger, tested by tech - 'no faults detectable 'with phone / battery / charger - but the phone is virtually unusable. Strangely ,charges and operates normally from car charger?! Please reply if any ideas

Jimmy220's Response to SN.'s Review

Written on: 14/09/2003

lies! ive had my M35i for 3 years now and it works 100%, even after the first few weeks i had it when i would throw it down stairs/out of windows etc. great phone will (should) last forever!

Ravenous's Response to SN.'s Review

Written on: 07/01/2004

Ive had my M35i for 3 years.this is my story.after a year the battery started turning off on its own while being charged and the talk and standby time deteriorated considerably.had it checked with siemens technicians.didnt find anything wrong with the fone or the battery.i bought a new battery(original siemens product)a few days after.problem solved.a year after, same problem.bought another original siemens battery.problem gone.i guess the battery really is just good for a year.but im impressed with the fone.it has very good signal reception,very sturdy(mine's got a chip at the top and bottom part from banging it around but it still works like new)easy to text.its kinda complicated at the start especially if u got used to nokia fones but when you get the hang of it you'll be surprised how easy it works.T9 input works perfectly.when youre typing and need to bring the cursor down right away, just "insert new line." works like the "enter" key of the computer.being water resistant is helpful.after a soccer game my face and hands are all sweaty but im not worried wen i pick it up to use it.the hotkeys really do the job faster and easier.also,al my friends agree:it looks rugged but stylish-fits my athletic lifestyle.problems:it doesnt have an sms counter.if you have like 7 text messages of the same person,you wouldnt know which was his first,second or third sms to you coz the curser doesnt seem to be moving.next:you cant turn off the loud irritating low battery alarm.next:the clock is on military time format.you just gota get used to it.but overal its a good fone.im happy with it.

Read 2 Comments

“I like this phone but can any one please tell me where...”

Written on: 19/01/2003 by Ben. (1 review written)

I like this phone but can any one please tell me where i can get KEYPRESS composer ringtones for it where it just tells me what numbers to press because its so much easier! thank you benxx

“I find the Siemens M35 a good mobile but can any 1...”

Written on: 18/01/2003 by sajjad. (1 review written)

I find the Siemens M35 a good mobile but can any 1 tell me or send me how to compose ringtone in siemens m35 in my mail box i.e [email protected]

“This phone is strong, i bought it second hand with...”

Written on: 16/01/2003 by Richard. (1 review written)

This phone is strong, i bought it second hand with quite a few knocks, scratches etc. The previous owner once cleaned it in white spirit....the phone survived all this and is still going strong. It's a VERY good phone, will last you a life time and also looks good. The only bad thing i can say is the vibrate is too weak, so weak in fact it's pointless. Also reception aint too brilliant.

“Very solid :I dropped this phone few times and it's...”

Written on: 14/01/2003 by bogdan. (1 review written)

Very solid :I dropped this phone few times and it's working like the first day. Good reception: i compared once with some Nokia's of some friends and they didn't have signal but I did. Frankly, I was surprised because I knew Nokia as a good phone maker. I have the phone from more than 2 years and until now only 3 or 4 times has some strange behaviours (I guess some minor software bugs).Fortunately those behaviours were temporary. One of my friends bought same phone few moths a go but he has problems with the phone. I think Siemens didn't keep up the same quality level all the time. Too bad.

“Im not a fan of mobile phones in the first place , I...”

Written on: 20/12/2002 by Andrew. (1 review written)

Im not a fan of mobile phones in the first place , I do however expect them to work. (At least as well as the Telstra shop said they would) It has many problems to do with the powering of the phone 1. It shows the battery charge increasing with use (No it is not connected to mains power.) 2.even though the battery power in increasing, it turns off during most calls. 3. It also prone to over heating I dont know if this causes 1. and 2. Don't buy it ! The name should be warning enough. Aso the games are boring Nokia is much better

“When receiving calls sometimes it just...”

Written on: 07/12/2002 by Crow. (1 review written)

When receiving calls sometimes it just blocks. Occasionally it goes off without any reason. In order to write block letter sms you have to press hash each time for every letter. Took it for repair: same results again.

96681_Guru.'s Response to 56382_Crow.'s Review

Written on: 11/05/2003

Yup, my M35i does the same. Even if the battery is fully charged, it can turn itself off for no reason (even if it's just sat on a table). It's always done this (only once or twice a week), and as long as I keep an eye on it, it doesn't bother me. The original battery lasted about 18 months. It is a good phone though, it's very tough.

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“Who on earth invented siemens mobiles!!!!!!”

Written on: 13/11/2002 by sean. (1 review written)

Who on earth invented siemens mobiles!!!!!!

“The M35 was good for the first year.”

Written on: 12/11/2002 by David Flood. (1 review written)

The M35 was good for the first year.

50767_Sean.'s Response to David Flood.'s Review

Written on: 13/11/2002

Do you actualy hint that siemens are good, they are the biggest load of dung ever. I have had one for 2 years it has had 4 services and it still goes off at the slightest touch. If your phone goes off by it's self even when the battery is full, wedge a piece of paper in beside the battery. Feel free to email me back.P.S NEVER BUY A SIEMENS MOBILE AGAIN!!!!!

Read 1 Comment

“It is a handy little thing to use. keep your phone out...”

Written on: 12/11/2002 by sexy. (1 review written)

It is a handy little thing to use. keep your phone out of the rain otherwise the battery goes really dodgy.