Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets (PG) Reviews

Summary

Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint
Manufacturer: Warner Home Video
Features:
  • PAL
  • Widescreen
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PG) - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PG)

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have to admit to being conned into buying the dvd by...”

Written on: 23/11/2003 by gunner3 (6 reviews written)

I have to admit to being conned into buying the dvd by my wonderful (now ex, unfortunately) girlfriend. I hated every minute of it. I simply want to say that if harry potter rocks your casbah, than you'll love it. But if you watch it with an initial scepticism of the small bespectacled one, hoping that the film will "grow on you", then i'm sad to say that you will be sorely disappointed... and bored… Read Full Review

“Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" follows the...”

Written on: 29/09/2003 by carsgroup (8 reviews written)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" follows the same general pattern of "Sorcerer's Stone:" a prologue with Harry's miserable relatives; the trip to Hogwarts; the start of classes, friendships, and foes; a Quidditch match; and, finally, the injection of the main storyline. There is a comfort level to this familiar outline, helped immeasurably by the entire returning cast and a few choice new additions. Kenneth Branagh (1999's "Wild Wild West") is a splashy standout as narcissistic Master… Read Full Review

“Ok before you say "Ah this guy doesn't know what he is...”

Written on: 05/05/2003 by Christopher Martin. (1 review written)

Ok before you say "Ah this guy doesn't know what he is talking about" let me tell you I liked the first Potter Movie, I did not think I would but it was VERY entertaining.

However this one was alot and I mean alot worse than the first one. The First one had excitement and charm this second movie was just plain boring and to long.

A long picture almost 3 hours it went on and on and on some more building to the climax. What was the climax? It was a final show down between Harry Potter and a

100453_T.a.'s Response to 94949_Christopher Martin.'s Review

Written on: 22/05/2003

you are very a bad critic. Yes the movie was LONG but you are very boring if you are saying you werent at the edge of your seat the whole time.

Rich's Response to 94949_Christopher Martin.'s Review

Written on: 05/09/2003

I think your review sounds pretty fair to me. I enjoyed the first one (not massively) - I made an effort because my girlfriend liked it. It was pleasant enough, and reasonably long in itself.
    <br>
    <br>I also think your comment above is actually quite funny! So on that basis, I will not buy the second one for my girlfriend for her birthday (I don't think she was THAT bothered about it anyway)
    <br>
    <br>Don't want to inflict it on myself as well now do I??????

110086_Christopher Martin.'s Response to 94949_Christopher Martin.'s Review

Written on: 23/06/2003

The only way I would have been on the edge of my seat for this movie is if I had to go to the bathroom but was tied to the chair. It was so incredibly predictable and boring that if I could afford it I would buy all the copies in the world just to save others from suffering the same fate as I did. :o)

Read 3 Comments

“This book is about Harry's second year and things get...”

Written on: 03/05/2003 by Jessica. (1 review written)

This book is about Harry's second year and things get a little ugly but my favorite part is when Harry, Ron, and Professor Lockhart go into the Chamber of Secrets and Harry faces the baslisk… Read Full Review

“Everything about Harry Potter and the Chamber of...”

Written on: 27/02/2003 by Becky. (1 review written)

Everything about Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was really good and in the film the graphics were good and I would recommend it to people who like adventure… Read Full Review

“The story in the film of Harry Potter and The Chamber...”

Written on: 14/11/2002 by melowe. (1 review written)

The story in the film of Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets was kept alot the same as the book. All the things were done really well as is the acting by the characters… Read Full Review