Peugeot 206 1.4 LX HDi Reviews

Peugeot 206 1.4 LX HDi - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Peugeot 206 1.4 LX HDi

“Great fast service. ”

written by on 04/02/2024

Good service easy to fill in information about car the price was the best I could find for my needs everything I wanted to cover glass breakdown ETC had trouble getting on websites to read my documents but a day later was ok

“Worst car ever made”

written by ElderX on 27/08/2023

From all of the cars i ever had, this Poogeot 206 was the worst car EVER almost everything broke and started leaking, abs leak (lost the brakes and almost had an accident because of it), power steering pump leak, gearbox leak, engine oil pan leak, heater core oring leak, exhaust manifold was bent and leaking, turbo core was leaking the engine was full of wear and ( headgasked leaking ), the started burnt, the alternator brushes got worn, the shifter linkage got loose leaving me stranded on the road, now the abs pump motor is failing, bought a newer model motor from the junkyard now the valve seals are leaking, the doors are weak and my car got robbed because of it, sometimes rear door doesn't lock, suspension wears easily, engine fuel lines and power steering pipes break from vibration, steering light control module and oem radio broke, only the gearbox is still alive. Only plus is the drivability the car is very agile and light weight and not much rust. My 12 year older Golf (30 years) is way way way more reliable. I don't care if i was unlucky, the quality of this car is unacceptable, i will NEVER NEVER buy a Peugeot again in my lifetime, and i will advise everyone against it.

“Excelent car for the money”

written by MarjanMac on 11/01/2013

I have just bought a Peugeot 206 1.4 Hdi, from 2003. i have driven it and i like it a lot. Like a peugeot the ride is smooth, and comfortable. i don't have any words about the mpg, stunning :D with 10 euros of diesel i can do 170Km in a city drive. The heating inside is heavenly, i have driven myself in an audi A4 2.0 TDI, and i doesn't have that kind of heating, it's like a bath thub :D

“Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi ”

written by on 04/11/2012

I bought this car when it was three years old I have now owned it for seven. It now has 75,000 miles on the clock. Out of kindness recently I have just treated it to a new cam belt and the bits that go with it. It has given me no trouble at all. A very reliable and economical little car, very easy to park. I keep it well serviced - oil, filters etc. My husband changed the cam belt for me and while working on my car he complimented the engine saying how well it had been manufactured. He is now a fan of the HDi. I find it motorway cruses well at 90 miles per hour but then I realise how fast I am going and I drop my speed!! My two wishes would be for it to have a slightly more comfortable driving position and indicators that didn't easily flick over to the other direction when turning sharp corners. I am careful where I park it in car parks because it has a very light bodywork and it dents and dings very easily. I have one little dimple so far. As I said I am careful. I like the body style it is a pitty Peugeot changed it. I am delighed to hear peole get 200,000 plus out of theirs, because I aim to keep mine. I love my 206 xx

“Amazing 80mpg - but not for tall people! :(”

written by distortedmotion on 16/03/2012

I was looking for a car with great mpg and after a few weeks of learning the engine and using hypermiling techniques I managed to hit 80mpg. The only downside is the drivers seat. The driving position is so terrible I am going to either have my seat set back 3-5" by moving the rails or have a bucket seat installed. It has made the tendon in my knee get inflamed due to the cramped position. If you are after a great economic car and are under 5ft 10 go for it, if you are taller, the seat will have to be moved or removed. Be warned!

“3 yrs owned, £100s saved”

written by Jobsagooding on 12/12/2011

I bought this car on eBay for £2400 and read loads of reviews like these to see if it is any good. The main positive is the unbelivable mpg, when you get a feel for the car you can easily hit 70+mpg even at fast speeds. This comes to my main negative, speed, from standing start it is almost painfully bad. When you get going which thanks to the turbo it does cruise at 80 mph the rumbling starts at 90 mph but you shouldn't be going that fast anyway! This is the most reliable car I have ever owned, not one problem in 3 yrs, bulks quality is good, bit plasticy but looks ok, the stereo controls behind the steering wheel is a nice extra. Tax is £35 a year! I am saving about £20 per week on petrol, that's £1040 a year, MOT and servicing now £90 before with my previous cars £320 was my cheapest total £1270 better off every year. Because of the savings I can sell the car on for the same as I bought it so depreciation if you get a cheap one with low miles is great. Any parent thinking of a first car for their teenager this ticks every box, slow acceleration, looks good, cheap on your wallet! Luckily not had an accident but has a good safety record and twinairbags is good just in case and the body is well built. Hope this is helpful to anyone like me who knows nothing about what car to buy, this is a good one

“We have a 206 van 1.4 HDi on our fleet, first one we...”

written by on 31/01/2011

We have a 206 van 1.4 HDi on our fleet, first one we ever had usually fords, mercs etc, i have to say its surprised me, we bought it on 62,000 its now done 208,000 miles, in all that mileage we have reqular oil and filter changes, a cam belt, alternator, tyres & brakes as you would expect, the only major issue we have just had was the gearbox lost 5th gear, we were still doing 1000 mile a week in 4 th gear until it was replaced last week. 60+ mile to the gallon, cheap runaround, for what you pay for them, they are a bargin to be honest. we plan to take it another 50,000 miles min and drive it into the ground. as they say check out they previous history they are only as good as they have been treated/ looked after.

They are not by no means fast but are lively enough to cope, and rewards you back with savings on your fuel bills.

“This is about a Peugeot 206 1.4 litre, LX, 3 door. ”

written by on 28/11/2010

This is about a Peugeot 206 1.4 litre, LX, 3 door.

Basically all the positives written in the other reviews are all right,
but I'll just skip to the negatives as they're more interesting.

Got the car in an October, in January I needed to replace the drive shafts, next the fan just stopped working so it would over heat every time I drove for a certain amount of time.

And the main problem that I've found with it is that it absolutely HATES the cold.
Any morning when its been quite cold it has never started first time
And currently, it is just refusing to start, could be the battery, I have no idea!

But anyway I'm angry with it, just wanted to share with people :)

“the peugeot 206 is v. economical (does up to 65...”

written by jjalmood on 01/04/2009

the peugeot 206 is v. economical (does up to 65 mpg!!), looks ok, and is very reliable. cheap to run, reliable, good performance (considering engine size - 68 bhp) interior is not as stylish as exterior, and not that much space for rear passengers (mine's 2002 1.4 hdi LX with 3 doors).

excellent car to drive around the city and country side, but doesnt feel that fast on the motorway.

“I have owned my Peugeot 206 1.4LX HDi for not far...”

written by ajhhopkins1982 on 10/07/2008

I have owned my Peugeot 206 1.4LX HDi for not far short of 2 years now, bought it when it was 3 years old with 28k on the clock, it now has 59,500 and so far its been brilliant. I bought it from my local Peugeot (Portfield in Chichester, West Sussex) main dealer and they have been brilliant. So far no major problems just a couple of minor niggles all of which fixed quickly with no fussunder the extended warrentee they gave me with the car, and they always vallet the car when they're done. Road tax is £35.00 (for a YEAR!) had its MOT just before x-mas passed only needing new front tyres and break pads which were expected with the millage I do. will be keeping the car for another year or so before I replace it with a newer Peugeot!

“Overall a very good car for city or longer hauls. Fuel...”

written by professore on 06/08/2007

Overall a very good car for city or longer hauls. Fuel economy very good, quite easy to get 500 + miles out of the small 50 litre tank. Surprisingly nippy to drive with good acceleration at all speeds. Have had it for 6 months now with no problems whatsoever. Trim is a bit plasticy in parts but otherwise is fine.

“I was looking for a city car with low running cost,...”

written by coolny29 on 16/06/2004

I was looking for a city car with low running cost, but that was not a total bore to have. I have always liked the looks of the 206, so this helped.

This car has great mileage, low emisions and is not expensive to buy. My car came decently equiped, airconditioning, electric windows, central locking, power steering. Build quality is good, but I wish the dashboard were made of better plastics, as it hard and not nice to touch.

Performance wise, this car is quite good actually (remember it is a 1.4diesel). Stand still acceleration is not that great, but once you get going it is more than ok. Very quiet at highways speeds thanks to low gearing. Handling is very good, not super sporty, but it goes around corners nicely.

Overally I'd say this is a very good product from Peugeot.