Amazon - www.amazon.co.uk

Summary

Read and write reviews of Amazon one of the largest shops on the Internet. If you have used Amazon.co.uk in the past to buy books, CDs, Video Games, electrical equipment or anything else then let us know what you thought of it to help other online shoppers.
Amazon - www.amazon.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Amazon - www.amazon.co.uk

“Don't believe them! ”

Written on: 26/06/2022 by MikeCarter10369 (10 reviews written)

You place an order, get a delivery time the next day, so plan your day around your advised delivery time. The delivery day is a Sunday, a day traditionally used for leisure time and going out. So you cancel your plans, get ready for your delivery and wait. Check your delivery slot time 5 minutes before the delivery slot, no change of estimated delivery time. You wait, wait and wait. No delivery. Check the time slot every 10 minutes, no change. Then just add the delivery slot expires its shoved back 6 ruddy hours. Well that's our lot. The goods are getting more expensive than the high street, the video service is 60% rubbish and 40% repeats, the music is so compressed all detail is lost. That's our prime membership being revoked at the end of this year! Screw you Amazon, you lie, deceive and waste peoples precious time!

“Spamming by Amazon.com Kindle Writers”

Written on: 23/06/2022 by Whistle-Blower1965 (7 reviews written)

Since 2 days I am spammed by writers (Kindle books) from Amazon. I am added to over 20 writer lists which I haven't subscribed myself to. Thus, or Amazon is selling email addresses, or they are hacked. I use a different email address for newsletter than I do for online stores. And I for sure haven't subscribed myself. I have reported this to Amazon and only received an automatic reply. Tip for consumers: Don't buy Kindle books. Your email address is or sold, or Amazon is hacked, and your data is breached. Products used: Kindle Books

“Impossible to get past the robotic questions”

Written on: 21/05/2022 by Finntd54 (1 review written)

If you want to ask them a question that isn't immediately obvious to the algorithm they use, you end up at some kind of dead-end where you can neither go back, nor progress. The process is extremely frustrating and unproductive. If you leave the website, then come back and try to start again at the beginning, the algorithm relentlessly sends you back to the dead-end point which you reached 'last time around'. If you want to look after your mental health, I would recommend that you don't even bother to start the process. Just take a deep breath, go for a walk, and find a way of using a different retailer. The process is designed so that you never, ever get to speak to (or chat with) a human being.

“Copy of my letter sent to Amazon”

Written on: 06/12/2021 by Landinh320 (1 review written)

Copy of my letter sent to Amazon I have recently read the notice that you are stopping accepting Visa Credit Cards in early January next year. May I remind Amazon that your business relies on us, the customers, purchasing products from and through your company. My average spend is around £500 per month but as and from the date that you stop accepting my payments my spending will be targeted elsewhere even though it might be a little more inconvenient. Also on the anniversary of my prime membership renewal not being accepted through the present arrangement then that also ceases. I presume that I will not be alone in my decision judging from the comments adverse to your decision. Now if you as a company can afford to lose business in the pursuit of higher profits then I also have the choice to cease dealing with you but I am sure that in my case the loss of profit on my purchases far outweigh the loss you make on my credit card charges.

“Amazon Disgracefully Ignores Basic UK Consumer Rights”

Written on: 08/10/2021 by Hahn484 (1 review written)

Amazon delivered a different product from the one I ordered on Amazon.co.uk. They could have made a genuine mistake or they could have done it deliberately as a way to charge me more money, which was true I don't know for sure. Either way, they caused a problem by sending the wrong item. I had paid a large sum of money for a similar but different item from the one I actually received. I was upset but not unduly worried about this as it would be reasonably easy to get the problem resolved, OR SO I THOUGHT!. In good faith I returned the incorrect item in perfect condition as soon as I could so as to be able to receive the actual item I ordered as soon as possible. Amazon's return process for an incorrect item provided a digital returns label that I had to print out, plus a choice of two options: one option was to re-order the exact item that I had ordered, and the other was to return the item and request a refund. I didn't want a refund so the obvious choice was to re-order the item, but there were a number of problem with this. If I just ordered the same item again, what would ensure I didn't end up with the wrong item again? And of even more concern was that at this point I noticed that the price of the item that I had ordered and paid for had almost doubled in price and THERE WAS NO ONLINE OPTION TO RE-ORDER THE ITEM AT THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE. Obviously I didn't want to pay a hugely inflated price for the item I should have already received, it was obviously grossly unfair and technically illegal for them to insist on charging any more money, let alone the huge amount they were now asking, and especially as I now had the inconvenience of having to organise the return of the wrong item they had sent to me, and of course all the added time involved. Nevertheless I still wanted the product I had ordered and paid for and I was pleased to see that they still had plenty left in stock so supply wouldn't be an issue. Knowing that it would take at least a day or two for the returned (wrong) item to reach them a simple message should have been all that was necessary to reiterate that I was returning the item they sent because it was the wrong item and not because I wanted to cancel the order. I had already told them on the return form that I was returning the item because they had sent me the wrong item. I tried to contact Amazon Customer Support to ensure that they knew that I didn't want a refund and stress the model number of the item I has actually ordered. To my dismay I found that I then had to install the Amazon app in order to contact them. I don't know how I could have contacted them if I didn't have a smartphone but the Amazon.co.uk website I had placed the order on said I needed to install the app to actually speak to someone. Fortunately I do have a smartphone so I was able to get through and when I finally managed to speak to someone at Amazon 'Customer Support' I couldn't believe what I was told... Their agent told me that it was impossible to to send me the item I had ordered unless I paid the newly increased price and he rudely disconnected the call. The next day I contacted them again and this time I was pleased when I was told "don't worry", that they agreed that it was unfair to have to pay an increased price after my order was accepted, that the problem had now been rectified and that I would be receive the item I had ordered. However as time passed this was not reflected in my order details on the website so I contacted Amazon's Customer Services again. This time I was told that the previous customer support person I had spoken to was a liar, just trying to verbally appease customers and garner positive feedback reviews, and again that the only way I would receive the item I had bought was to pay the new price, which was almost double the agreed price... and that this was Amazon's official policy! So, in a blatant breach of a perfectly valid contract of sale Amazon refused to send me the item I had bought unless I paid a huge additional sum of money. I refused to do that, and so far I have yet to receive the I ordered from them. So before you buy anything from Amazon bear this in mind, Amazon is a company with little or no regard for consumer rights. They just do whatever suits them. They did this by using a sneaky programming trick which caused my original order to be cancelled as soon as I started the process to return the incorrect product they had sent. I know now that I should not have returned the product they sent me until I had received the actual product I had ordered, but I trusted them to fulfil the order. They didn't. Not because they couldn't as their customer support saff told me. Not because as they also told me told me, that a refund had been issued - because it hadn't. They are technically in breach of a contract of sale to me by demanding more money in order to fulfil an order that has already been accepted. I have bought other items from Amazon and things have generally been ok but this incident involving a high value item has highlighted the fact that Amazon is driven purely by profit and greed. They couldn't care less about customers' rights. I spent many hours trying resolve this with Amazon Customer Services staff without success. But they are ignorant and rude. They just keep pretending that it is impossible for Amazon to fulfil my order, even though, according to the website, they had, and still have, plenty stock. 'But Amazon is fantastic' I hear you say, 'why just 1 star?' - well Amazon would have got a 4 or 5 star rating from me for positive experiences in the past but now I know first hand how they are more than happy to make customers suffer when THEY fail. In this light, one star is actually generous. A smaller company would probably be forced to be closed down if they treated customers with such contempt. Not the mighty Amazon. They seem to believe they are above the law. Amazon customer support is basically non-existent. On the surface it seems friendly real but it is driven by profit and greed. I have given up trying to speak directly to them now. If the mighty Amazon is truly trying be Earth's most customer-centric company as they claim it is failing spectacularly.

Pppaul's Comment

Written on: 15/12/2021

Thanks, useful to know. I gave up using Amazon for similar reasons. You should report this to Trading Standards - the more people that do this the sooner action can be taken against them. The sooner the better.

Read 1 Comment

“TOTAL RUBBISH AND NOT SECURE FROM SABOTEURS”

Written on: 04/07/2021 by Magillacuddy (1 review written)

Total rubbish and i will never use them again i have had my account and personal details tampered with twice now and i know for sure its to do with an ex pratt of a neighbour from ages ago who has a mate or mates working for amazon and i have had some nasty peevish tampering from them. Its obvious and amazon never sort out any complaint issues and you can never speak to anyone in authority about it.

“Delivered on time but broken”

Written on: 23/03/2021 by PaulCooke895 (1 review written)

I've used amazon quite a bit in the past, but I've found more things getting broken recently. Ordered some wine glasses that I liked, arrived broken and then no more left in stock so couldn't re order. Gutted! Will now look to order elsewhere.

“Amazon shows other products for you to compare...”

Written on: 20/01/2021 by Siennar1965 (1 review written)

Amazon shows other products for you to compare instantly, so you don't have to keep looking for a better price.

“5 star”

Written on: 13/01/2021 by LucyHennley08 (1 review written)

Cannot fault Amazon on delivery times over Xmas period. Items great too.

“I've ordered an item it says free delivery but they...”

Written on: 06/01/2021 by 3rdchild (3 reviews written)

I've ordered an item it says free delivery but they add postage and packing and add VAT on top. The cost + P & P x 20% (VAT). It ends up nothing like what you ordered in the end. If you want to know the cost of item before VAT is follows: The cost of item divide by 11.20 (20% VAT) x 100 = original cost. Amazon wasn't like this before started selling shears.

“AAmazon has been the "go to" shopping destination for...”

Written on: 10/11/2020 by robesrtwillson (3 reviews written)

AAmazon has been the "go to" shopping destination for many (and many foreigners as well) Americans. That's got a plus and a minus. The $25 free shipping requirement is okay, but other vendors on the web have their own shipping and return policies. Generally, the product range is enormous. Customer support is one thing that Amazon excels at. Outstanding response times and attentive to customer interactions.

“Amazon delivery is the worst”

Written on: 24/09/2020 by thenamestevenbradleyistaken (1 review written)

Amazon couriers dump my parcel on my doorstep (which right next to the pavement) and then leave before I can answer the door. My account then shows that the "parcel was handed to the resident". Amazon delivery is the pits.

“Best Online Shopping Site”

Written on: 11/09/2020 by TeresaDcruz (6 reviews written)

All products of amazon are good and excellent. Delivery is fast.Excellent quality products with reasonable prices. Exchange policy is also fast. Customer service is helpful and kind. Huge collection of products available to choose from. Happy customer.

“They have everything”

Written on: 15/07/2020 by Noelosman (1 review written)

I love amazon they have just about anything you could evber want

“hacked money stolen”

Written on: 07/07/2020 by AllyMacLeod (1 review written)

my amazon account has been hacked money has been stolen. I eventually got through and contacted amazon they admitted this and said the fraud team would get back to me. .Heard nothing rang again they didn't know what I was talking about then I said evidence they suddenly found it and said fraud team would get in touch again .amazon you still owe me money ?? I don't trust this company with my details and money

“Really going downhill”

Written on: 07/03/2020 by Saunders224 (1 review written)

I have been buying on Amazon for many years, I have spent thousands of pounds on there over time. But recently when buying from China I have had an awful experience. I bought Peacock feathers which were dull, dirty and full of holes. I have just received an order of what was meant to be 100 pheasant feathers and received 35! I think some of Amazons sellers are atrocious. You cannot miscount 100 and come up with 35. Usually buying from the UK is ok, but I have had orders go missing in the past due to what I believe is the stupidity of their couriers who chuck parcels any given place. I would advise people NOT to purchase from China on Amazon. Although Amazon say they have contacted the seller, I don't believe a seller who short changes you to that extent is going to be of much help. When I had finished speaking to the Amazon advisor I was locked out of my account too, that is nice isn't it? So I complain about a bad seller and they lock me out. Sadly Amazon is going down hill dramatically like every other site who allows China to spam with items which are defective or don't exist. I was going to purchase an expensive exercise bike, I will take my business elsewhere now. Shoddy!

“Beware amazon prime”

Written on: 01/02/2020 by gannet79 (1 review written)

looking on my amazon account one night I decided to see what amazon prime had to offer and price tv etc,didnt press the buy it now button but next day received a email welcoming me to prime,furious got straight on the phone to be told that (they said they thought I had forgot to press the buy it now button) he then said they were sorry and would repay the money hich they never did,still seething a year later

“Beware amazon prime”

Written on: 01/02/2020 by gannet79 (1 review written)

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 30/01/2020 by petejc21 (13 reviews written)

Had several parcels go missing. Also, for no apparent reason, they've taken away my ability to leave reviews. I guess because I left a couple of bad reviews for shoddy products. Customer service is non existent. Account closed. Too big for their boots.

“There are a lot cheaper places than amazon & much...”

Written on: 30/08/2019 by swcproducts (9 reviews written)

Companies that get this big also get greedy and care very little about any one customer. Amazon is no different, its got to big to greedy and cares very little about you!! There are a lot cheaper places than amazon and much more friendlier.