Raymond Murphy, English Grammar in Use Reviews

Raymond Murphy, English Grammar in Use
4.9

Raymond Murphy, English Grammar in Use - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Raymond Murphy, English Grammar in Use

“This book is easy to understood and very helpful. i...”

written by on 10/02/2011

This book is easy to understood and very helpful. i use this book as my reference to teach my students.....

“English Grammar in Use, Beginner and Intermediate Books. ”

written by Rene Ordman on 25/10/2010

English Grammar in Use, Beginner and Intermediate Books.

As a linguist and having taught a lot of ESL English in both Europe and Asia for many years, this book is outstanding in its simple presentation of the basic facts that all students need. The veritable bible of English Grammar! Whatsmore, all taught with the universal principle of timelines. The only way forward!

This book provides the hardcore skeleton of ESL language learning, leaving plenty of room for teachers to improvise, create and adapt multiple activities and games from other sources in and around this backbone.

The concept of time lines has been with me for 35 years! It provides a holistic understanding of the movement of verbs. I can think of no better way to teach language than this!

I have been a longterm fan of R. Murphy and have just included his books in the freshman syllabus at my university in China: 500 copies no less!

Try it! The layout starting with the progression in the index is perfect.

Serious language students love and appreciate this book.

Thanks Raymond! See you in Seoul at the beginning of November!

Eagle125's Response to Rene Ordman 's Review

Written on: 20/11/2010

I found this review not helpful because it is written in bad English. It's wrong to recommend something in unpropriate, repelling manner. The review is an embarrassment even more as Murphy himself points out that his book is not for beginners....

“yttyuytu gfhjfg tyhthj tyhjrthr tryhjtryu rthrtytry”

written by on 29/07/2010

yttyuytu gfhjfg tyhthj tyhjrthr tryhjtryu rthrtytry

“Great book, easy to read and understand”

written by on 05/11/2009

Great book, easy to read and understand

“1. Really it is very easy to understand the grammar...”

written by on 26/10/2009

1. Really it is very easy to understand the grammar without much effort
2. Pictures are making still interesting to learn
3. Hints you are giving to fill the blanks are nice.

Most of the people are not aware of the book. Recently I came to know that the books are available in big sizes its really good as I was practising with small book i have not showed much interest as the font size and paper quality was not good.

“I can't find it in bookstores anymore and i would like...”

written by on 12/10/2009

I can't find it in bookstores anymore and i would like to have it in my home library!

“I looooooooooove English Grammar in Use with Answers...”

written by on 15/09/2009

I looooooooooove English Grammar in Use with Answers by Raymond Murphy. I wish I faound it long time ago cause it cleared a lot of things that used to confuse me. It also has a very good way of explaining thigs. Thank you Murphy, your book is a success

“Thanks to Raymond Murphy, It's a good book that I have...”

written by on 09/09/2009

Thanks to Raymond Murphy, It's a good book that I have read, my English is improved as i'm a Vietnamese.. Thanks

“Thanks i hope it's usefull to me .I am study in I...”

written by ransiy on 31/05/2009

Thanks i hope it's usefull to me .I am study in I study English Literature at the Faculty of Open Learning has advised me that the teacher came to this book knowing that it is difficult to obtain this book and there is rarely the same Raymond_Murphy_English_Grammar_in_use _ elementary

“Raymond Murphys English Grammar in Use with Answers...”

written by on 30/04/2009

Raymond Murphys English Grammar in Use with Answers has a Brilliant layout
Many exercises.
Easy
Interesting
Fun Highly recommended
Very interesting
Not just learning, but fun as well, at least to me.

“I just love this book, I'm studying with "English...”

written by dsweetcherry on 26/11/2008

I just love this book, I'm studying with "English Grammar In Use" now and i can genuinely recommend it to everyone who likes a good system in studying. (Lithuanian)

“This book is really good for English language...”

written by Ninosh on 24/10/2008

This book is really good for English language learners. I'd like to recommend this book to everyone who want to learn colloqual English.

“A very good book for people from all walks of life. It...”

written by Narayanan on 08/08/2008

A very good book for people from all walks of life. It is easy & simple and detailed.

“Very relevant and suitable but would benifit from much...”

written by on 15/07/2008

Very relevant and suitable but would benifit from much more exercises. Other than that, perfect book.

“I liked this grammar book very much overall. I had...”

written by Yoshikazu Kawashima on 07/07/2008

I liked this grammar book very much overall. I had nothing particular to complain about this publication. It was of great value for money and helpful guidance and examination tips that enabled me to boost my grade successfully, thank you very much indeed!

“English Grammar in Use is a great grammar book. It has...”

written by on 17/05/2008

English Grammar in Use is a great grammar book. It has Great exercises, lots of revision exercises, extremely clear explanations, clear and easy-to-understand definitions.

“The lessons start from the beginning (of cause the...”

written by Tarangi on 05/03/2008

The lessons start from the beginning (of cause the reader should know the simple things in the language), i.e. I'AM, HE IS etc. which I think is a really good start for any student who wants to understand the little miracles behind this lovely language - English. Thank you so much Mr. Murphy for producing a brilliant book with so much of effort and time. I do not hesitate to recommend this book.

“Raymond Murphy, English Grammar in Use with Answers: A...”

written by Lee123 on 11/02/2005

Raymond Murphy, English Grammar in Use with Answers: A Reference and Practice for Intermediate Students
This self-study reference book is clear and easy to understand. It is the type of book that you are always going to need and you can refer back to time and time again. An important aspect of this book is that it warns you what not to say and this clears all doubt in your mind about confusing alternatives. There are lots of exercises to practice which is great!