J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone Reviews

Media Gallery for J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

“Amazing Book”

Written on: 13/10/2020 by xjStokes382 (1 review written)

This book is amazing. I'd suggest that everyone should read it.

“One of the greatest books in the history of books. I...”

Written on: 10/06/2016 by lauraj3 (1 review written)

One of the greatest books in the history of books. I love it and so will you.

“boring lame terrible”

Written on: 26/08/2010

boring lame terrible

“I love love love the first book!! I think it is the...”

Written on: 13/04/2010 by harrypotterrox (4 reviews written)

I love love love the first book!! I think it is the best book in the whole world... It was just put together so nicely. About Harry - how he had no parents, learned that he was wizard and the adventures he had at Hogwarts. As I said earlier I love the book so there is not one bit of critisism to that book. The book is so clear that you don't have to really think to hard. This book has made me like fantasy so much. Now I wish I could be witch!

“I think that Harry Potter and the philosephers stone...”

Written on: 29/05/2009 by expellarmius (1 review written)

I think that Harry Potter and the philosephers stone is a great book to read because it is exiting and J.K Rowling used some very discriptive, thoughtful and exiting words.I have read the book sevral times and am reading the other Harry Potter books.My favourite character is Hermione Granger.I want to become a writer when I grow up and I am very inspired by J.K. Rowling and some other authers.My two favourite parts are the times when harry got to know that he is a wizard, and when harry and ron got to be friends with hermione.My least favourite part was when harry met lord voldemort because it scares me.I dearly wish that that i could see the slightest hint of magic, and if there was a school for witches and wizards called Hogwarts, I would be friends with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Juneta86's Response to 463561_expellarmius's Review

Written on: 21/07/2010

Well thanks for such a nice review. After reading your review, it seems that this book would be nice and must buy it.
<br/>Well I am looking for some good books for my son as he is very much fond of reading. Books are his best friends and I usually gift books to him.
<br/>You know what - he likes harry potter movie, so i think he will like this book too.
<br/>
<br/>I will surf some more new books and its review and then will finalise my decision of what book should i gift him.
<br/>
<br/>Thanks buddy for writing this review. This site is one of my favorites, i never go wrong on any purchase i make, as this site contains the actual reviews which people look for. Simple great!

Read 1 Comment

“J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone...”

Written on: 24/02/2009 by Gavin96 (30 reviews written)

J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone isa very exciting and imaginative piece of work with adventure, sorrow, and imaginative obstacles. Frankly, hard to put down All in one word: brilliant!

“Very exciting and original. Good storyline and well...”

Written on: 16/01/2008 by Xcellocoth (19 reviews written)

Very exciting and original. Good storyline and well written. Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone is an excellent book that consists of lots of components for a winner, (which indeed it was: 1997 Gold Award for children aged 9 - 11). But it is not just a book aimed at children, as adults took a liking to it too. It was printed with more adult front covers, probably just so that people didn't feel embarrassed when reading it on the train. Harry Potter is based off lots of classical magical objects and creatures etc. However, J.K Rowling completely makes it her own with lots of original parts and twists. All about a boy called Harry Potter, who finds out he is a wizard, then realizes he is famous. His parents were killed, but he survived the dark wizard Lord Voldemort's curse that should have killed him, but instead of killing him, it made Voldemort lose power and go into hiding. Harry Potter then goes to school but finds out there are more than just other pupils to contend with, and that he is still wanted dead. Although I may be a bit late to review this, as I have read all the series over and over again, I find there are more links from this book than I first thought.

“Have just started to read Harry Potter and The...”

Written on: 13/08/2007 by emza2511 (176 reviews written)

Have just started to read Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone for the first time (yes ten years after it was first realized) having tried to engage with Harry Potter and friends numerous times over the years with the release of the other books and films in series i just didn't get all the hype.
However i sat down to have another go after having watched the 4th and the 5th film and a friend who is reading the 7th book religiously like mad recommending them to me none stop I thought it was time to give it another go.
And I sat down and started to read it last night and I'm about half way through it. For some reason sitting down reading it this time something just gripped me with it. I can now see why it captured so many peoples imagination. It goes into so much detail and its amazing that someone could have that all set out in their imagination.
Its truly gripping so far and i read seven chapters without hesitation, so I'm feeling rather lucky at the moment that everyone else has finished the whole series and I've got the whole series of books to look forward to!
Cant wait to read the rest!

“Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is the first...”

Written on: 14/11/2005 by leanneb82 (31 reviews written)

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is the first Harry Potter book the one that got the world hooked. I love this book it has to be the best out of all of them I have seen the film to and thought the book was much better. So if you have seen the fime but you have not got the book I would say go out and get it, it will be money well spent.

“J.K Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone...”

Written on: 21/07/2004 by Bojangles (143 reviews written)

J.K Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Book 1) - This was a good intro of the soon to be famous Harry Potter saga. In the first book, Harry is introduced to his never-known magical powers and that he is a wizard and in this result must go to Hogwarts witchraft and wizardry school. He learns sooo many new things and makes a whole new load of friends and everyone is hyped about him and worships him because he is the boy who defeated you know who know as Lord Voldermort, but don't know that he comes back later on in a different sequel. This is a very good start to the famous saga.

“Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone "was" one of...”

Written on: 28/10/2002 by michael. (1 review written)

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone "was" one of the best books around two years ago. But now, as I look back it's not as good. It's still a very good book and everyone should read it, but I find it's not as good as everyone says it is. Brilliant book tho!