Tesco Car Insurance Reviews - wwww.tescobank.com

Summary

Read and write reviews of Tesco Car Insurance, tell us about how you found their prices, customer service and policies and read about other people experiences.

Tesco Car Insurance wwww.tescobank.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tesco Car Insurance wwww.tescobank.com

Tesco Car Insurance wwww.tescobank.com

“Poor Customer Service ”

Written on: 24/09/2022 by 299Fox (1 review written)

I have been a Tesco Car insurance customer for many years. This year I bought a new car and wanted to add it to my policy - I wanted to keep my old car temporarily as I was selling it privately. I called Tesco and looked online, it was cheaper to add my new car through a new policy, online, than add to existing on the phone. I have no idea why this should be the case but we agreed I would do it online. At no point was I told I would have to pay a cancellation fee when I sold my old car and cancelled the policy. So today I contacted Tesco and advised I had sold my old car and wanted to end that policy, guess what they said I have to pay a cancellation fee of nearly £40. This is despite the fact that 1) I am still a Tesco customer and 2) They knew what I was trying to achieve when I added a new policy for a new car but didn't advise me I would be charged when I sold the old one. There is no logic in this as they will lose the business on the new car with me as well

“Awful unacceptable service”

Written on: 11/08/2022 by Raymg238 (1 review written)

Tesco Car Insurance. A No blame minor crash happened in February. After Tescos approved repairers had the car twice, it came back to me in a worse state than it was in after the crash. The paint job they did has peeled off, the car looks a complete mess and the air conditioning that was reported as making strange noises after the crash was never looked at. It has now blown up completely six months after the crash and the headlight that was reported at the time, is still misaligned making driving at night difficult. I can’t use the car now in this hot weather without air conditioning and I can’t sell the car in this condition. I’ve had to do all the chasing around getting the remedial work done (which hopefully will now happen end of August), they totally wiped their hands of the case, leaving me to sort their mess out. I’ve raised numerous “official complaints” which they said would be looked after at management level and all they can do is say sorry it shouldn’t be like this. There is no way a very minor accident in February should still be dragging on into September now at the earliest. It’s disgusting and totally unacceptable. When(if) my car is finally repaired to my satisfaction I shall refer their behaviour to the Ombudsman.

“ZERO STARS”

Written on: 23/07/2022 by jackril2002 (1 review written)

Avoid avoid avoid. Young drivers should steer well clear of this car insurance policy. The prices are sky high and what they don't tell you is if you use all of you mileage allowance before the end of the first year and something happens like you lose your job or the car goes off the road, they will charge you for the remainder of the insurance. The customer service is utterly disgusting. Very nasty people to deal with. My car had to be taken off the road with a major engine problem. Coupled with the ridiculous insurance premiums, fuel price increases and having lost my job, I contact Tesco to tell them about my issue. They didn't care and just said if you cancel we want over £400.

“please stay away!”

Written on: 19/05/2022 by bwAshworth1970 (1 review written)

i would give 0 stars if i could. the engineer came out to fit my black box but told us he wouldn’t do it as my car is “modified”, and that tesco does not insure modified cars. i was unaware of this as i wouldn’t necessarily class a STICKER as a modification. we were then told that if i were to remove the “modification” they would insure me. i paid £50 to get the “modification” removed, only to be told they would be unable to insure me whether i had it removed or not, despite being told otherwise. i only bought insurance with them as the quotes were very cheap, well you definitely get what you pay for with tesco bank insurance. customer service is also appalling. tried discussing a complaint on the phone, and they hung up on me. please go elsewhere do not waste your money and time.

“Stay away!”

Written on: 05/01/2022 by Sebian07 (1 review written)

Hello guys, I'm extremely disappointed with Tesco car insurance!!!!  I had my car insurance form 20/12/20 with Tesco bank, on 22/01/21 someone hit my car and run away, luckily my mother heard the banging noise and managed to take a picture of his no plate. I've made the claim, on 18122021 I received the renewal proposal which was way more expensive than the previous one, when I've checked my insurance account I noticed that the renewal is automatic, so that made me ask myself what kind of trick is that (there is a cancellation fee). So I called customer service to cancel the renewal and ask for my no claims bonus proof, which they send with 0 years instead of 2 years. I've contacted customer support they asked me to call the claim department, claim department asked me to call the customer support department. At some point, the claim support had more "patience" with my case and decided to open "open my eyes" So because they didn't had enough time (almost 1 year without a few days) to resolve my claim the big company can't provide me with No-Claims Bonus proof until the claim is closed, but if I really need those 2 years of no claims bonus proof I need to pay the difference of money to cover my car repair (I paid £450 few days later after I made the claim as they requested, not saying that the voluntary excess it was only £250) the damage of my car was almost nothing: the front grill cracked, the plate no holder and 1cm scratch. £1300 for that ?? that is ridiculous for a 10-year-old car with almost no damage, they didn't paint the bumper! I still have my old scratches! So basically I would need to pay +£2000 for insurance now instead of £800 because they didn't manage to resolve an easy claim with pictures proof. First, they said after a few months that were negotiating with the wrong insurance company, couple of months ago they found the right insurance company but the communication is very slow. Jokers !!! I think that all this was made on purpose because greediness purposes. I've made a complaint on Financial Ombudsman Service website, I'd like a bit of advice from someone that had a similar experience. Thanks

“Sharks”

Written on: 01/11/2021 by roypartington (4 reviews written)

Ever felt like you have being shafted as that’s exactly how I feel, because we have for 1 months direct debit. Rang to cancel my car insurance renewal today. We have made 12 monthly payments already. Unfortunately our 13th payment came out Nov 1st 2021 (today) and the actual car insurance expires Nov 7th 2021 which we have already made the 12 monthly payments on, as you never pay for car insurance retrospectively. So I asked if we can have todays direct debit back as we have already made the 12 payments for the 1st year and it was just unfortunate that the 13th payment which covers the first month of the new year that I am cancelling came out today. No matter which way I described it to the person at Tesco Finance, he simply could not grasp or did not want to grasp, that this 13th payment is for the next 12 months renewal which I am cancelling. In the end I gave up frustrated as this individual (being diplomatic) simply could not grasp simple multiplication. They need to employee call centre staff who can do simple mathematic calculations. I wont be using or recommending them, quite the opposite.

“Tesco car insurance Never use them”

Written on: 16/09/2021 by Elian435 (1 review written)

Tesco car insurance are the worst i have ever dealt with. 1st There approved repairer was telling me he had done a full easement in 3 minuets I then told Tesco I wanted to use my own repairer. 2nd There did not like the price so sent a independent engineer to view the car, he is employed by them to down grade the repair. Mercedes say the bumper is not safe to repair Tesco don't care just get it painted. A bumper is there for the drivers protection. Tesco don't care. 3rd The curtesy car they gave me to use while my car is getting repaired is now two weeks old due to Tesco poor service. They don't want to pay no more. So I have no repaired car no curtesy car and Tesco are trying only to pay me a £1,000.00 for £3,000.00 of damage. There driver admitted fault and was driving there car with a flat tyre. So if you don't want a bill at your door don't use Tesco Insurance.

“Firstly, the price of the insurance with breakdown...”

Written on: 25/08/2021 by CierraPowell (1 review written)

Firstly, the price of the insurance with breakdown cover went up to over £1200.00 pa. That for a Peugeot 206 1.12 Litre engine. And I have over 9 years no claim bonus, 16 years without a claim. I really shouldn't have let this slide over the years given the price. The car has now been scrapped. Called Tesco Bank to cancel policy and they slapped on £92.70 in cancellation charges. Do yourself a favour shop around on comparison sites.

“Not worth using Tesco car insurance”

Written on: 13/08/2021 by Se77 (1 review written)

Data used to determine speed is faulty and they will not update to correct. This is resulting in endless automated emails, overpayments, threat of cancelled policies, and stress. When they know a 70mph road has been classed as 30mph incorrectly by their system it is highly dangerous to expect the young driver to drive 30mph and they to not correct this. It is acknowledged there are faults with the black box and they are taking money by false pretence.

“Renewal procedure”

Written on: 28/08/2020 by Rileycn328 (1 review written)

Firstly, no claims were made so can't comment on this I received my renewal invitation which was 14 days prior, straight away I noticed a increase and shopped about, straight away I had quotes £60 cheaper Tescos have you on auto renewal so will hope you leave things to the last minute... Don't!!! To cancel you must follow a link,You can't just clk a button this is where they make it as difficult as possible You have to download a form which you can't fill in online, You must print said form, fill in said form, scan said form, upload form then send form, They also state they need 3 days to process the form or monies will be taken Absolute joke for a established company like Tescos

“Awful service. Do not use”

Written on: 19/06/2020 by Tuckera1955 (1 review written)

Absolutely awful service from start to finish. Tried to make me claim twice and pay 2 excesses after the boot lock was damaged due to glass after someone smashed my back windscreen. Couldn't get through on the phone on a Sunday as they are closed and then no one calls you back. Two advisors were very apologetic and friendly but the 3rd was absolutely useless, uninterested and a waste of time. Will not be renewing with them and won't be renewing my house and pet insurance and mobile contract with them either.

“Car insurance ”

Written on: 28/03/2020 by RemingtonO'Brien50 (1 review written)

I have had insurance policy with Tesco bank insurance for 2 years. I am very happy with the company; price and customer service. I would definitely recommend this insurance company to and customer. I have recently been involved in an accident and would like to thank the company for the help , support and stress free experience. Truly satisfied with the company.

“rubbish web site”

Written on: 17/03/2020 by fairyknowe108 (1 review written)

In trying to access my new insurance documents I have been driven daft by the site. Once you register you are encouraged to visit My Insurance. This only provided details of a previous policy now cancelled but no details of the current policy. I have been in and out of the site, changed my log in details but no success. No details either of a telephone help line

“Got renewal gone from £400 a year to £1200 this...”

Written on: 17/04/2019 by Alivia426 (1 review written)

Got renewal gone from £400 a year to £1200 this year. No points 6years no claims and try to sort it out. Was a waste off time

“Don't go near them, they added RAC cover on the...”

Written on: 24/03/2019 by Barney38 (1 review written)

Don't go near them, they added RAC cover on the renewal which we didn't want, then when we cancelled the policy 2 months into the year, they said we wouldn't get any refund on the RAC cover but the cover would be cancelled too, so had to pay £80+ for 2 months cover. This sort of thing shouldn't be allowed, if the government make us have insurance then they need to police the insurance companies better to make sure they don't treat the public like this. STAY WELL AWAY!!!

“I had my car written off back in Nov after an accident...”

Written on: 18/02/2019 by McKee42 (1 review written)

I had my car written off back in Nov after an accident which was not my fault. I was then told that I could not cancel my insurance and had to continue paying until the term finished. Not happy but agreed. I then got a text about 2 weeks ago saying I got a red score for speeding even though I do not own the car. I went on to email them to tell them I do not won the vehicle to which they seem shocked and told me to cancel as it was illegal to keep a policy going on a car I do not own! They knew it was written off and sole 2 months ago! Top it all off I then found out I could cancel there and then and they in fact owed me money for miles I had not used! Not impressed and certainly won't be using again.

“Trapped financially AVOID”

Written on: 21/01/2019 by Lacey175 (1 review written)

Tesco Box Insurance - wouldn't ever shop with Tesco again for this reason. Took out a 6000 mile policy and have been paying for Top up miles as job circumstances changed and needed to drive more miles... worked out how much I've paid totalling £2,300!!! Rang to cancel and for a refund of the 6 months cover I haven't used and Tesco claim I've paid for my 6000 miles policy and as gone over I'm not due any refund. So in total I've paid £2,300 for 6 months car insurance!!!! Do NOT get Tesco Box Insurance.

“Do ot touch”

Written on: 25/09/2018 by JanetKennedy (1 review written)

Claims process is awful. Multiple excuses. Rude and obstructive staff with the occasional ok one. Each staff member gives you different answers. Left on hold for hours with no resolution. Mess up regularly couldn't organise the proverbial party in a brewery. Up to 10 hours on the phone and on hold and so far nothing sorted at all. Will mark you at fault if someone drives into you if they have a more expensive car. Will make you chase up your own loses with the other insurance company as in their words not their problem. Will pass your details on to multiple ambulance chasing firms. Will not provide hire car in a timely fashion and will leave you stranded for days. Will stall as much as they can if you have a non fault accident so they can try to not pay out

“Got my car insurance from tesco october 2017 04 Volvo...”

Written on: 12/09/2018 by StephenHulme (1 review written)

Got my car insurance from tesco october 2017 04 Volvo V70 D5 163 bhp cost £209 great,car went for scrap june 2018 bought a replacement 2002 Volvo V70 D5 163 bhp same car but 2 years older informed tesco change of car that will be £63 sir WHAT ITS THE SAME CAR BUT WORTH LESS ok paid it,october renewal price £650 Stuff that got a price from a decent insurance company of £320 so much for customer loyalty

“Worst website ever”

Written on: 15/07/2018 by DEMorrison (1 review written)

All I wanted to do was print my car insurance details from the link in the email I received. 2 hours later I have still not accomplished this. I am dizzy with the circles this useless website has sent me round in, and no doubt I will be penalised for not signing the agreement. Terrible.