Philips Matchline Reviews

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

Philips Matchline - Ask a question now

“We bought the Digital Philips Matchline in 2002 in...”

Written on: 08/09/2009

We bought the Digital Philips Matchline in 2002 in Austalia when the flat screen and plasma were first coming out, (had the earlier model matchline before that). Reason being that Australia was going to follow other other countries in being digital and the other TVs were not yet up to standards. I still haven't upgraded to flat screen or else, the pictures perfect better than I have seen on most of the recent TV's out, it has all the features, and haven,t had one problem,I am about to hand it… Read Full Review

“The Philips Matchline is a good buy and an amazing...”

Written on: 27/11/2007 by petershaw (1 review written)

The Philips Matchline is a good buy and an amazing television, My wife bought me a 32" LCD TV last Christmas (not a cheap one) and I have used it only once, it still does not compare to the sweet, crisp picture that my Philips offers me. It is sad that the reviews of this product have been tainted by the poor service Philips offered and by the one poor TV that did actually breakdown. I have had Philips for many years as did my father. They are of a much higher standard than the overpriced… Read Full Review

“Cannot find spare parts online.”

Written on: 21/09/2007 by michael cooper (1 review written)

Cannot find spare parts online… Read Full Review

“The Philips Matchline Television has alot of good...”

Written on: 30/09/2003 by jenscool (2 reviews written)

The Philips Matchline Television has alot of good features: PIXEL PLUS,has a excellent picture,rarely seen,with great color and a lot more, but after 4 months of normal use, the Picture tube went, and I'm still waiting for them to put a new one in, hope this one holds. This will be the last time I buy a Philips, from now on I'll keep to a solid Sony or a easy user-friendly Panasonic… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“When I moved to the UK, I brought my Philips TV with...”

Written on: 18/10/2002 by Jason. (1 review written)

When I moved to the UK, I brought my Philips TV with me. The UK has a different system, but this is not a problem as you can change one or two chips in your TV but here is where the problems started. Philips UK told my tv repair man that they have these components, but it is not their duty to tell him which one he has to order to make the change.
????
Then my tv repair guy phoned a Philips technical expert. He could tell which components he needed, but he could not send them or he will lose his… Read Full Review

Rolly's Response to 44694_Jason.'s Review

Written on: 14/10/2003

Is there anyone who can help me? I live in romania and i purchased a 96 cm. screen matchline philips. Can anybody teach me how can i keep the wide screen turned on anytime i switch the channel? I mean i don't want to enter into the menu everytime i want to switch to wide screen. Thanks a lot, i'm waiting your replys at [email protected]

Sputnikjr3's Response to 44694_Jason.'s Review

Written on: 03/06/2005

my 28" Philips widescreen TV has just died after 5 years and I can not believe it!! I was told that it is a common fault but the TV repairman and that it always happens to my model. I do not think I will EVER buy a Philips Product again.

Read 2 Comments