BMW 3 Series 330d Sport Touring Reviews

BMW 3 Series 330d Sport Touring - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for BMW 3 Series 330d Sport Touring

BMW 3 Series 330d Sport Touring
BMW 3 Series 330d Sport Touring

“The man in the street, or rather, the man with his...”

Written on: 19/05/2004 by nullisecundus (2 reviews written)

The man in the street, or rather, the man with his scnozzle stuck in a motoring mag still seems blissfully unaware that diesels give more, yes MORE power in low to mid range,than petrol engines. This BMW 3 litre common rail is the very best, and the 3 series Sport touring is its best incarnation. It cruises with the comfort and effortless of an S class Merc, it handles better than a 911, it has the mid range tug of a Ferrari, it can seat 4 adults and you can get your dog, gun and cartridge bag… Read Full Review

Grum's Response to nullisecundus's Review

Written on: 18/03/2005

I dont agree - 700 miles on one tank is an impossibility if you drive the car normally. Think 35mpg and you'll be about right.

Mellis's Response to nullisecundus's Review

Written on: 06/12/2006

Yes it's good, but it's not that good.
<br/>
<br/>Fuel consumption is excellent (but not 700 miles), and it's comfortable and spacious. The performance and road holding is good, but it's no Ferrari or Porsche. Indeed, I've had it 3 years now, and I'm bored with the grinding predictability of what it delivers. I've just driven a new Audi TT, and I got a sensation that woke me up! I ordered one, but it'll take a few months to arrive.
<br/>
<br/>Keeping the Beemer is fine until then. I just won't expect to get too excited in the meantime...

Slimon's Response to nullisecundus's Review

Written on: 26/10/2005

I have a 320D Touring (52 plate) and the most I have ever got out of a tank is 600 miles.
<br>
<br>I would assume that the 330D has the same tank capacity (60 litres) so I would be amazed to find that it can do another 100 miles on the same fuel amount. (If driven as described)
<br>
<br>Driven hard mine will do 47mpg and driven very carefully, about 50.
<br>
<br>Otherwise everything else is true, more mid-range than a porsche and it will carry the weeks shopping and the family in comfort.
<br>And its good fun to drive as well.
<br>
<br>Ditto the 320d - very quick mid-range (not quite porsche but close) and thoroughly entertaining to drive.
<br>Recommended.

Rickhough's Response to nullisecundus's Review

Written on: 28/09/2005

I can eek my Citroen 2.0 HDi tank out to 800 miles or burn it away in 350. That's the nature of diesels. If you keep revs low you can still keep up with traffic and save fuel. At 70 mph my car is running a little over 2000 rpm and sipping derv at the rate of 65 mpg.
<br>
<br>I know the BMW engine has a larger cubic capacity and would use more when thrashed but I don't doubt that 700 miles is possible on a tankfull st normal road speeds in the UK.

Read 4 Comments