Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey (Penguin Popular Classics) Reviews

Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey (Penguin Popular Classics)
5.0

Media Gallery for Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey (Penguin Popular Classics)

“This book is, in my eyes, Jane Austen's best. I love...”

written by missionarywannabe on 22/04/2008

This book is, in my eyes, Jane Austen's best. I love Catherine Morland as a shy, sweet, naive young lady just being thrown into the real world. Her fevered imagination, which often gets her into trouble, his somehting any bookworm can relate to. She is always looking for the good in others, although this often leaves her vulnerable. Her relationship with Mr. Tilney also reflects Austen's youthful mind when writing this--complete infatuation that leaves Miss Morland flustered and delighted. Mr. Tilney is perhaps the most adorable hero I have ever read of--I challenge any young girl not to giggle like a school girl when they read the scenes between him and Miss Morland, particularly when he is teasing her. This book was amazing, and it quickly became my number one. I also recommend watching the PBS production of it.