Sarah Waters, Fingersmith Reviews

Sarah Waters, Fingersmith - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sarah Waters, Fingersmith

Sarah Waters, Fingersmith

“'But Briar crept on me. Briar absorbed me. Now I feel...”

Written on: 03/08/2009 by Janet Lewison (43 reviews written)

'But Briar crept on me. Briar absorbed me. Now I feel the simple weight of the woollen cloak with which I have covered myself and think, I shall never escape! I am not meant to escape! Briar will never let me!'

Sarah Waters revisits Victorian Fiction's dark, fetid, spaces and lifts away the veils of repression. And everywhere we look in Fingersmith we notice ink. This is not the respectable ink of a dry, frigid Casaubon in George Eliot's library at Middlemarch, or of the exasperated Caddy… Read Full Review

“Sarah Waters, Fingersmith: I have become so caught up...”

Written on: 29/04/2005 by Kayleigh Leech Higginson (1 review written)

Sarah Waters, Fingersmith: I have become so caught up in this story it has inspired me to begin or should I say try to right the story that is in my head. If my book is 1/8 as good as this one I will be happy.

Kayleigh Leech - Higginson… Read Full Review

Hayley And Dave's Response to 191392_Kayleigh Leech Higginson's Review

Written on: 22/04/2006

I agree that this book really does stay in your head long after you have read it. Your mind tends to think of all the incredible twists and turns of the plot which slowly unravel themselves into one complex yet believable storyline.
I watched the BBC adaption after I had read the book, and it really does the book justice.

Read 1 Comment