Toyota Yaris 1.0 16V GLS Reviews

• Practicality

• Reliability

Toyota Yaris 1.0 16V GLS - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toyota Yaris 1.0 16V GLS

“A very reliable small car, I only had to replace the...”

written by Pete Hampson on 27/01/2011

A very reliable small car, I only had to replace the Battery after 110,000 miles, Good Fuel economy. Not very fast with a car full of passengers struggles to get to 40 MPH up hill on country lanes on 1.0 engine, Ideal first car for new drivers.
COMMON FAULTS BELOW WITH THE YARIS
I do recommend regular services in particular to having the Timing Chain and Tensioner replaced as it says in the manual every 60000 miles this the only common fault with the Yaris, If the engine suddenly doesn't sound right take it to a Toyota dealer it wont cost more than £350 to repair, I didnt have mine fixed and the engine died on 128400 miles.
The 1.4 Diesel Yaris is a better choice than other Yaris models should last up to 160k miles if regular serviced and well looked after

“You can short all reviews in one line as follows: ”

written by ualghamdi on 01/03/2010

You can short all reviews in one line as follows:

VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY

“As I have just passed my test, this Toyota Yaris 1.0...”

written by The hepburn on 10/07/2009

As I have just passed my test, this Toyota Yaris 1.0 16V GLS is a first car for me. I have found it great as it is very good on petrol and it is spacious. It looks great and I would say that it's a great car for a beginner. You have lots of pockets and compartments inside and everything is easy to use, for instance the lights, radio etc.
The only bad thing is that it can be a bit slow taking off, for instance if your sitting at the traffic lights and you get ready to go, it takes a while to get up to your chosen speed and people behind you get irritated.

“The Toyota Yaris is a superb car. Ours is a 51 plate...”

written by Paul308 on 26/08/2008

The Toyota Yaris is a superb car. Ours is a 51 plate with coming up to 50 000 miles. It has a claimed 50mpg but we have never bettered 45mpg. The readout on the dash is about 10% over optimistic. It is a bit under powered and feels a bit tippy around the bends but this is due to soft suspension and height, it is quite safe really.
Impeccable reliability and very cheap to run.

“A very economical car to run my wife and I are getting...”

written by Blackcountryman on 08/04/2006

A very economical car to run my wife and I are getting 47 miles to the gallon around town and up to 60 miles to the gallon on longer runs.
Cost for oil change about £65GBP and a full service £127GBP both carried out by a Toyota dealership. The Toyota Yaris now falls into the lower road tax bracket and we have just renewed this at a cost of £105GBP. I have Arthritis in both hips and this is what persuaded me to purchase my Toyota as I could get into and out of it quite easily. The reliability has been quite marvellous not one problem in five years and apart from one recall concerning brakes sticking on in snowy conditions nothing to report. I would have liked to have had a little more power when trying to overtake because one as to be very careful to pick the right spot to do the manueuvre so that you have plenty of clear straight road ahead.

“The Toyota Yaris 1.0 16V GLS City Car is extremely...”

written by thompson on 17/12/2004

The Toyota Yaris 1.0 16V GLS City Car is extremely flexible. It has an adjustable load space and several other storage options. The Yaris is an amazing city car with motorway capabilities. The reliability of the Yaris is as you expect from Toyota, excellent! The 1.0 vvti engine is extremely economic and delivers power where needed. An alround performer!