Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDi 115 LX 5dr Reviews

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDi 115 LX 5dr
Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDi 115 LX 5dr

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I bought the Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDi 115 LX 5dr car with...”

Written on: 23/08/2007 by maesderw (1 review written)

I bought the Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDi 115 LX 5dr car with 16K on the clock as a towing vehicle but after about 1200 miles of towing over the last 17 months, the clutch is almost shot and not apparently covered by the warranty. Although the car is recommended by various caravan magazines as an ideal tower, the main dealers I visited reckon that any such use will damage the clutch and invalidate any potential claim under warranty. Told by them if I tow a caravan again the clutch will fail. Also told… Read Full Review

“I did 70,000 miles in this as a company car. The...”

Written on: 11/07/2007 by jeff122 (1 review written)

I did 70,000 miles in this as a company car. The engine was great and it was a good car to drive.
It had been back to the main dealers TWICE by the time it had done 120 miles due to central locking problems. It would either not lock or unlocks by itself. Plus all the windows stuck open. This was NEVER resolved. I could return to the car having locked it to find it unlocked, occasionally with all the windows open too. This might not happen for about 3 months, then it could happen 3 or 4 times in… Read Full Review

“Don't buy a Ford Mondeo. The flywheel and clutch went...”

Written on: 07/07/2006 by oreillyd (1 review written)

Don't buy a Ford Mondeo. The flywheel and clutch went at 60,000 miles. The car was regularly serviced at 12,500 mile intervals and was just out of warranty by 4 months. I asked Ford to make a goodwill payment to 'help' with the repairs but they refused. I believe from looking at the internet that this is a known fault so buyer beware and don't expect any understanding from Ford… Read Full Review

381742_Jonjon11's Response to oreillyd's Review

Written on: 11/07/2008

I drive the same car and now at, 67,000 miles my clutch has gone! Again serviced by ford only, at the correct service intervals this made no difference to my boss who still belives I thrash the car, or ride the clutch! After much explaining that after 20 years of driving this was my first clutch failiure . Anyway will keep you informed with the dealings that I have with Ford.

Read 1 Comment