Bush DVD2000 Reviews

Bush DVD2000 - Ask a question now

“Right,at the mere age of 18,I decided I wanted a DVD...”

written by Cooksta. on 24/12/2001

Right,at the mere age of 18,I decided I wanted a DVD player, I was shopping 1 day in ASDA, I saw a beautiful creature, called the Bush DVD2000, the stunning looks caught my eye, I got a good discount, and only ended up paying 140 quid for the puppy. I rushed home to unbox my delight, set it up next to my 32PK2 panasonic TV, looked superb, the lovely welcome message was nice, and the first impressions were very good!.
I watched 'Theres Something About Mary'and the quailty was superb thro out the film, same with 'The fith Element' sumtimes the colours were a bit rich, but, I was impressed!I got it all hooked up into an amp, and had noticable hum on the sub, but livable. I took it to work the next day,to let the audio engineers at my work place have a look and pull it apart abit, then, to my delight, they told me it was a panasonic inside, woohoo! I was chuffed to bits. Tho it has blown its internal fuse twice, I fink thts my fault, ne help on tht? Sadly, due to servere lack of funds, I had to sell my baby for a mere 80 quid, with 6 DVDs, it was a sad day, but the new owner is just impressed as I was. One thing I did do, is pull of the BUSH badge, and put in its place a panasonic 1, which fits a treat! I stongly recommend this DVD player to the amature, but to a pro,they might not b so impressed.......

18376_Jo.'s Response to 7795_Cooksta.'s Review

Written on: 08/04/2002

Please can anyone help me?, I have the DVD2000, BUSH, but have lost the manual. Could somebody assist me in unlocking the parental lock on it.
<br>
<br>Hurry Hurry. Thank you.

22761_Cooksta.'s Response to 7795_Cooksta.'s Review

Written on: 08/05/2002

that isn't what i wrote????I wrote: while in stand by mode, press stop and then hold < skip key for 11 seconds!

19477_Cooksta.'s Response to 7795_Cooksta.'s Review

Written on: 15/04/2002

ok listen to me!!
<br>to reset it:
<br>wen in stop mode,press <<skip buttonand the still pause button at the same time,and then hold down for longer then 3 seconds,the power button!should say "unit nitialized"
<br>hope this helps!

Read 3 Comments

“When I bought this player it was one of the cheapest...”

written by Chris. on 15/05/2001

When I bought this player it was one of the cheapest on the market (£180). The only cheaper ones were so plasticky and nasty that I would have given them house room :-) The main thing I liked about it was the styling. I thought it looked more like a £300 player.

I've not had any of the problems noted by the other reviewer and have been very happy with it. The play back quality (both video and sound) is not top notch, but then you should not expect such a cheap player to be. I think it is very good for the price.

The player has a built in dolby digital decoder and 5.1 output. I still can't see the point of this. I haven't seen a single dolby digital home cinema amp that has 5.1 input that doesn't also have it's own decoder. In general you're better off using the decoder in the amp if only because it cuts down on the number of cables.

This player is no longer sold. The 2004 model is now on the market, but I would still recomend the 2000 model if you can find it for the right price second hand.

“For the lowly student (like me) who is looking to...”

written by Ross. on 14/08/2000

For the lowly student (like me) who is looking to spend a few bucks on a CD player / DVD player this could well be an option. At £180 it is pretty cheap (although cheaper models are out now). It handles CD's well and also gives quite good sound for DVD's. BUT it is no match for the high end equipment. As an entry model to last a couple of years before a better one can be afforded this puppy will do. As something to impress your mates with, buy a better model.