Bill Bryson, Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe Reviews

Media Gallery for Bill Bryson, Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe

Bill Bryson, Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe

“Although in general I find Bill Bryson a very funny...”

written by on 07/09/2010

Although in general I find Bill Bryson a very funny person. His 'Neither here nor there' demonstrates that he is a somewhat racist biggot. Claiming to seek Europe he actually demonstrates a fear of anything not either American or Americanised. Furthermore seeming to expect to be congratulated on his inability to speak any language other than English or come to terms with any culture or food other than his own he epitomises the very worst of the stereotypical American tourist. Alternatively, one could view the book as an execellent description of the sort of person that leads so many europeans to despise Americans.

“Funnily written but I think there were some false...”

written by on 10/11/2008

Funnily written but I think there were some false statements about Switzerland. I can recommend this book to everybody who likes to laugh... :-)

“I have been to most of the places that Bill traveled...”

written by mahood on 30/06/2008

I have been to most of the places that Bill traveled to and besides being funny...he was really accurate!

“Don't take this book seriously, and it's such a laugh...”

written by on 30/12/2007

Don't take this book seriously, and it's such a laugh of a book

“Excellent book, my husband gave Neither Here Nor...”

written by jojothegogo on 25/04/2006

Excellent book, my husband gave Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe to me and he made a good choice. this book is one of the funniest and well written books I've read, frequently found that I was laughing out loud as I flicked through the pages.