Serious Readers, Alex Lights Reviews - www.seriousreaders.com

“Rubbish lamp”

Written on: 07/08/2015 by Sussexreader (1 review written)

I've just returned my lamp for a second time because the switch stopped working. Instead of being ultra apologetic as I would be if I was working for the company they tried to persuade me to have it converted to LED. Initially I thought it was a free offer as compensation but no! I asked if there was a charge and they said yes - £75!!! Couldn't believe it. Need less to say I didn't intend to throw good money after bad. Have just got light back and now it only has 1 years guarantee instead of… Read Full Review

Alexlight's Response to Sussexreader's Review

Written on: 18/11/2017

I have just seen this review. Sorry to read you are disappointed. If something goes wrong then we of course fix it free within the 5 year guarantee period. The upgrade to the latest LED simply covers the cost of parts and shipping. We offer this service because lighting has moved on a pace in recent years. Its entirely up to you whether you want to upgrade The only reason we can't give another 5 year guarantee on a refurbished light is that most of the light parts are already 5 years old by then.

Read 1 Comment

“Switches poor on excellent product”

Written on: 04/10/2014 by GrumB (8 reviews written)

We have 2 Alex lights in our house. The light quality is excellent and everything seems good however it is all let down by the switches, which usually have to be flicked repeatedly to get anything to happen. The company advised me to squirt WD40 on the switches which I have done more than once but it makes little difference… Read Full Review

Grumb's Response to GrumB's Review

Written on: 25/08/2015

I am commenting on my own review. I felt it only fair to say that after I complained again recently they have agreed to take one of the lights back and sort it out.

Alexlight's Response to GrumB's Review

Written on: 18/11/2017

Hi there. I have just seen your review. If your lights aren't working properly please email us. Under the terms of your 5 year guarantee we will collect your lights, give them a full MOT and make sure they are AoK. Alex (Founder)

Grumb's reply to Alexlight's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2017

This was over two years ago. You did sort it out. I'm very happy with the light as it is now.

Read 3 Comments

“Not the cheapest but the best reading lights in the...”

Written on: 18/05/2011 by xleper (3 reviews written)

Not the cheapest but the best reading lights in the world and also the best after-sales service. Staff are polite, helpful and friendly. NO recorded messages, NO automatic answering machines and NO hassle. British made which is even better and a five year warranty. When my mothers light went wrong they replaced it with a brand new light!… Read Full Review