Master Kings, Faro - www.masterkings.co.uk Reviews

2.0

Master Kings, Faro - www.masterkings.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Be very careful”

written by Risty on 13/09/2023

Be very weary of this company. Video the car thoroughly before taking it. They might use distraction tactics such as leaving a childseat in the back that you haven't ordered and have to return, or call you back to give a forgotten signature. I fell for it and forgot to tape. There was a scuff when I returned. Definitely not caused by me. At most £50 to polish out but you lose your £300 deposit no discussion. My own fault for getting distracted. Be very very careful. I will now not think twice about Paying more for a reputable care hire.

“Surprisingly good ! ”

written by TurnerD on 02/01/2023

Booked through Enjoy for 10 days from Faro airport in November 2022. Had my doubts because of bad reviews but couldn’t fault them. Easy pickup, nice car and it was the model I booked. Return was just as efficient. Very easy to deal with and refunded transponder deposit. I will certainly try to use them again when I return to Portugal

Simon705's Response to TurnerD's Review

Written on: 04/07/2023

I am glad you had a good experience. Alas it is not one I can say I have shared with you. The car we were hired I would describe as dangerous and the after hire service appalling. If I were you I'd not try to ride my luck.

“Very inefficient, long waits, feels like a fly by...”

written by AlanaHart361 on 15/07/2022

We rented a car and we're brought to a hot garage to wait for the car for almost 2 hours. They finally gave us the car that has been in the garage next to us the entire time. The car was dirty and we had to go to a gas station to fill up. When trying to return the car same problems with long wait to have a person meet us by cell phone.

“I was upgraded from a Ford Fiesta to a Fiat 500X which...”

written by MICK40167 on 28/03/2022

I was upgraded from a Ford Fiesta to a Fiat 500X which had damage to the front bumper which i was told about. i was told to look over the car and come back to the desk if anything else was wrong this was in the dark and in the rain.On returning the car the agent went straight to the far side of the car and pointed to a tiny dent on the underside of the car which i had to crouch down to even see.I believe that this is their sham car and that's why i was upgraded to this particular car and that the agent was fully aware of the tiny dent and now wants me to pay 300 euros for the damage however slight.

“Avoid ”

written by Steelsa on 18/02/2022

Very disappointed with Zest and will avoid Masterkings in the future Having rented with Zest several times before we rented with Masterkings through them in January. Masterkings withheld money from our deposit without telling us what is was for and when challenged said it was for missing documents which were never in the car. They also said they told us of the withholding of the money and why when we handed the car back which is simply not true. I am disappointed in Zest for lack of help in resolving this issue despite being kept informed. Masterkings are not at all helpful either and I would avoid using them again. I have found other similar complaints about “missing documents”

Riddlesdenhandyman's Response to Steelsa's Review

Written on: 24/02/2022

What were the missing documents ?? We are going to Far O on Monday 28/2/22, and have hired a car with them through Zest. Can you give us any advice please.

Steelsa's reply to Riddlesdenhandyman's Comment

Written on: 24/02/2022

They say it is a folder with insurance and ownership details

Riddlesdenhandyman's reply to Steelsa's Comment

Written on: 24/02/2022

Thank you. I will check its there before I leave. Thank you once again. We have been tricked twice, once by Goldcar in Benidorm, and Centauro in Malaga. Agencies should not use them if they are doing this to THEIR customers.

“Avoid at all costs. Charged for documents that were...”

written by 244Glover on 29/10/2021

Avoid at all costs. Charged for documents that were never provided to me. Unprofessional.

“Delays on collection and £30 for fine returning 1 hr...”

written by RobFaro on 18/10/2021

!!Long delays on collection and a £30 fine for returning a little early !! AVOID. Arranged rental to collect from Masterkings@ Faro airport. On arrival there were long queues with only 1 person working. He was doing all handovers, both collections and returns. approx 8 people in front of us collecting and returning cars, hence a long wait. The car was as booked and in good condition. On returning to the airport , due to the long wait for collection and potential delays at the airport due to Covid , we decided to leave our hotel a little earlier. This was to ensure that in the event of any delays dropping the car off, we would not miss our flight. When we arrived at the airport, there was again one person on the Masterkings desk. On this occasion we were the only people there ( although another two people arrived to return cars while we were handing our car over). The lady on the desk got our paperwork and said "oh , you did not call to tell me you would be early, there is a 30 Euro fine for early return. I questioned this and explained the reasons why we were early, but to no avail. Apparently if it is in the contract, it is not a sham ! A 30 Euro fine for returning a vehicle on the correct day, just early, is a sham. They incurred no extra cost and if anything it gave them longer to prepare the car for the next victim. I would suggest you avoid Zest and Masterkings. Just another lowlife company exploiting Covid delays and and tourists

“AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!”

written by SantosNina on 24/08/2021

Worst experience ever with a rental car. Only after I signed the contract and made the payments ( extra charges for things I was not using yet like tolls,etc) they showed me an ugly dented car with scratches. I immediately cancelled the contract right there and then. And I could only spend the refunded money after my holiday. Excess was too high. Staff is very arrogant, and wanting to be always right. Complete disregard for the customer. If you don't want to have a very bad experience on your holiday, don't rent any car from them, or you'll be sorry!!!

“Motorway toll charge”

written by Hutchinson149 on 07/04/2020

On arrival at the Master Kings desk I was asked if I would like to leave a deposit for any toll charges which I might incur whilst travelling on the motorway. It was suggested that I leave 25 Euros and was told that I would be refunded any monies not used. On my return to the UK I asked for an itemised bill and refund of those monies not used, which amounted to around 15 Euros. Master Kings replied by email that if ANY charge at all had been incurred, then the whole amount (25 Euros) would be forfeited. So, even if you use only 1 Euro on the motorway toll, you pay 25. When I looked again through the sheaf of papers I had been given by Master Kings there was a note, separate from the hire contract, which confirmed that the full 25 Euros would be taken if the toll transponder was activated. The point I would make is that I was misinformed about this at the time of hiring and was only give notification of this state of affairs on a piece of paper after I had signed the contract. This is not fair.

“UNACCEPTABLE WAITING TIME TO PICK UP CAR”

written by on 07/10/2019

I booked the car for a pick up at 10.30am and arrived at their desk located on the car park at precisely 10.30am. I was driving away at 11.35 am which is really unacceptable----never again.

“Extra charges for early return that was not early!”

written by JoeBrowne on 31/07/2019

I arrived about 20 minutes before 0800 on the morning of the return. The MasterKings desk is on the left side of the kiosk, but no one was there. The guy next to them was there and I was told that if I returned early there would be a charge so I just waited about 20 minutes, which seemed to bother the guys hanging around. There was no Masterkings rep at the desk at that time, but showed up at 08:00 and took my return. There was no mention of any "early return fee", nothing on the paperwork, but they pulled the 30€ from my credit card. What kind of people are they? Is business so bad they have to cheat people? Emails to them did not help, they just said I returned early and that I was informed about the charge, which is just totally untrue. Not very nice people if you ask me, the customer has to pay with credit card and has no change to get the money back if MasterKings does not ok it. Not a very good system!

Jonathonbailey's Response to JoeBrowne's Review

Written on: 06/08/2019

I also just wrote a review on this, I am having the same issue. Die sollen sich schämen!

“Like many other Masterking hirers I also gave them 25...”

written by EMANUALONLINE on 09/11/2018

Like many other Masterking hirers I also gave them 25 euros motorway levy and although I never used the motorway the levy was never refunded as promised.I contacted the agent Enjoy car hire and was told that because Masterkings machine on the day of hire was not working no receipt was available and without it I could not refunded.PATHETIC if you ask me Enjoy is just as bad as Masterkings.AVOID BOTH

“Excellent service”

written by Carlelwell on 14/09/2017

After reading all the negative reviews I was not looking forward to picking car up from masterkings faro in august 2017 But everything was really good car was a Renault Megan nearly new and was great to drive all deposits was paid back on to card as promised I would use masterkings again when next in Portugal .

“AVOID MASTER KING ”

written by on 05/08/2017

Hi there avoid MASTER KING CAR HIRE at faro airport they will do everything to take some money from you and check everything on the car before leave the car park they took €25 saying was the fee for tolls in case of I pass in any if I didn't pass they will refund me so after one week after my holiday I rang them they said I spend 0.60 cents só the €25 was to cover it I found that company at ENJOYCARHIRE.com

“Very Good. But Cheaper for a Reason”

written by BucksEagle on 21/02/2017

I have used them two or three times over the last year. Cars have been fairly new and have been clean and reliable but they can easily be anything from 1 to 4 years old and have a few scrapes and scratches. I have not had a problem with unexpected or unfair additional charges. Sometimes, this type of company can be about a third of the price of, say, Avis and sometimes only marginally cheaper. In truth, it is nicer to have a newer car but I have been horribly ripped off by the bigger companies from time to time. There is a hit and miss feel to picking a car up at car park 4 at Faro airport but generally it is all fairly efficient. (In contrast, it is possible to wait in line for a long time at one of the main stream operators and the admin/upselling can take ages.) I usually use 'enjoycahire'to book a hire car in Faro and my experience tells me that this is the best way as any problems, particularly post return, seem to be sorted out more easily this way. I buy excess insurance separately and pay a small premium for cancellations and amendments.

“Cannot be faultedf”

written by Commjon on 21/01/2017

We hired a car from MasterKings through Zest (formally economy Car Hire) for just over two months in the Algarve. We were very pleased on all counts. Excellent car (Panda), excellent price and delivered to, and collected from, our camp site exactly as promised. We found the staff most courteous and helpful, explaining all we needed to know in detail. We did not use the toll road and the deposit for the device was refunded promptly. When we book again through Zest later this year we will specifically request MasterKings and look forward dealing with them again.

“August 2016”

written by Faxtontraveller on 03/09/2016

Dreadful, they may be cheap but the procedure at pick up is horrific. Multiple car hire companies use a small shed like building with lots of customers trying to get their car documentation and pick the car up to get away to start the holiday......had to pay 20 euros up front in case we use the toll road, we're told it would be refunded on our return......3 weeks later no refund....no email address to make contact, just use the phone...now given up ...cost more in call than the 20€.....keep away and use a dif fervent company....might costrich more but well worth it.

“Good experience with Masterkings”

written by niglyn1 on 25/02/2016

I recently hired a small car though Enjoy Car Hire and my vehicle was supplied by Masterkings. I was very satisfied with my experience: the price was very competitive, the arrangements for collection and return worked well, staff were friendly and polite, the car was modern, clean and ran well. I did not use the motorways so the 20 euros charged to my credit card for this was refunded to me later. Just be aware that this refund can take two to three weeks to come through, even if the staff say it'll be 'just a few days'. Overall a good experience and I would be happy to use both Enjoy and Masterkings again.

“Dirty, smelly, old car”

written by Temple71 on 14/11/2015

We rented in Oct 2015 (off season) and were given a 4.5 yr old smelly Fiat Punto with 78,000km on the clock. To add insult to injury we had to wait 25 mins for the car to be brought to the airport for us. Would never hire from them again, or Enjoy Car Hire the broker, who couldn't care less.

“Perfect”

written by bruno100 on 24/09/2015

Hired a brand new fiesta at faro airport through enjoy car hire in Uk. At desk of Master kings no queuing.Took out full insurance cover with Master kings worth having. On Return to airport with car had no problems with checking car back in.will book direct next time wih Master kings.

Asked by smogtusk on 16th October 2017 Report this content
Could you tell me how we collect our hire car when arriving at the airport?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site