Drivalia Car Rental - www.drivalia.com Reviews

Drivalia Car Rental - www.drivalia.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Drivalia Car Rental - www.drivalia.com

Drivalia Car Rental - www.drivalia.com

“no problem”

Written on: 24/09/2018 by nickcross40 (1 review written)

Although paid for the full package absolutely no problems. Picked up car in less than ten minutes never had that before! Staff were very friendly and helpful. Wouldn't hesitate to pay extra for full package next time. Worth all the aggro!… Read Full Review

“Avoid as a hell”

Written on: 05/09/2018 by MarcinB (1 review written)

The worst car rental company I ever used! I don’t understand what is the point to run this business if you disrespect customers. I arrived to their office in Mallorca and found that they try to scare you about other cost that you have to pay if you don’t buy their insurance. The young man there was verry rude and there was about 5 other people in the same situation. I decided to go back to the airport and rent a car from proper brand company despite of loosing my deposit. Be careful… Read Full Review

“Santiago de Compostela, great staff”

Written on: 04/09/2018 by ceraldi (1 review written)

They picked me up on time at the airport, in fact I was late because I was waiting at the wrong place. I called the office an a nice lady told me to go to the SALIDAS door. The paper stuff was done very efficiently, the car was new and well looked after. The staff told me about the advantages of booking next time directly with DRIVALIA. The return process was even faster, also because I had full insurance. within minutes I was driven to the airport. I will book again with DRIVALIA. happy I got… Read Full Review

“Horror experience”

Written on: 30/08/2018 by Collins274 (1 review written)

I would not recommend this car hire to anyone else… Read Full Review

“Quick, cheap and smooth”

Written on: 29/08/2018 by Royd77 (1 review written)

Rented a nice 7 seater with 6000 km on the clock. The price was very competitive even with the ultimate package. i couldn't find a cheaper one. Very smooth and quick pick up, from picking up my suitcase till driving the car took 25 minutes. The drop off was even faster, even with the scratch i made.. Turn in the keys, chek the tank, point at the scratch i made, shook hands and off to the airport. From turning in the keys till standing in line for the check-in for flight took 20 minutes. I… Read Full Review

“Horrible experience.”

Written on: 24/08/2018 by yhRichards1970 (1 review written)

Horrible experience. Be warned. We rented a car online for 3 days and chose this company as the price was fair and reviews not too bad. Upon arrival we were forced to add insurance and fuel package that was more expensive then the full three day rental cost. As I had just read my contract I knew that what the agent told me was a untrue I did not bend. After some argument and "I will have to talk to the manager ..." they agreed on letting me rent the car in accordance to my contract. The… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/08/2018

Dear Customer,

We are sorry if you feel unhappy with our service. Our staff of course have a duty to explain what is included and what is not included especially on the basic packages where the client is responsible to pay for damages. Sadly cars to get damaged and scratched and clients generally are very unhappy when something happens and they later have to pay for it. Of course our full cover is optional and those who do book a lot-cost package are welcome to choose to leave a deposit and assume responsibility for the car if they so wish.

We certainly don´t have people going around scratching cars as you suggest because believe us that even when a scratch does happen and it is chargeable we will inevitably end up paying more in costs than we would actually charge the client.

It is common business practice in car hire for paralisation to be charged in the event that a car is damaged because when it is repaired, either immediately or later depending on the scale of the damage, the car will be off the road for that time and clearly not rentable. With the low cost packages we have to cover the rental costs of every day and if someone was to rent a car for just a few euros then later we loose the use of it for a week we would loose a lot of money which would push up the prices for everyone and result in nobody being able to enjoy low cost offers which are sometimes now available.

You may like to know about our Ultimate package which is by far our most popular. With this you pay a fair price for the car (which is still much cheaper than most worldwide destinations) but it includes everything and in particular full cover so if the car is damages during your rental we will assume the full cost.

If you feel you would like us to look into your concerns in more personal detail please feel free to email our customer care team.

“Excellent Car Hire ”

Written on: 20/08/2018 by KennethChapman (1 review written)

This is our second year with Drivalia Car Rental. The service is really good. The Staff are very efficient and we had the most lovely lady Ursula. We had booked our car for 3 weeks but then my husband needed an operation so we explained we would have to bring the car back after a week with the possibility that if he was o.k. I would be coming back the following week. Immediately Ursula said no problem they would keep the car until I needed it and we would get a refund. We did not expect… Read Full Review

Scooter691's Response to KennethChapman's Review

Written on: 24/08/2018

Hi, I find it very interesting that the reviews with 5 stars are mostly written with a similar language and tone and users with (1 review written) next to the name. I do not think that give a lot of cred to this reviews.

“Not to be trusted”

Written on: 15/08/2018 by Knockknocxx (1 review written)

The worst company I have dealt with in my life. Not trustworthy at all. Check your car diligently prior to leaving. Report all scratches. Also the tiniest ones. We trusted the state of the car prior to leaving. When returning the car Drivalia checks the car with a magnifying glass and makes you pay for everything. One thing I'm certain off, theses scrathes are not the result of my driving. They had been there before. This has never ever happened in my life, and I drive a lot with rental… Read Full Review

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Response to Knockknocxx's Review

Dear Customer,

Thank you for hiring a car from Drivalia. We are very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the service that you received.

We work very hard to deliver an excellent level of service to all of our clients and the countless positive comments that we receive on this platform along with others. We would very much like to look at what caused you to feel unhappy with the service that you received.

We don´t have access to personal information here and so it would not be possible to provide a personal response but our Customer Services Department remain at your disposal if you would like us to look at your issue personally. Please feel free to email our team along with your contract number and we will provide a personal reply and address your issues.

Read 1 Comment

“Best car rent in Spain.”

Written on: 15/08/2018 by juliaaga (1 review written)

Highly recommend Drivalia, hassle free company. My flight was delayed for 3 hours at night time, Drivalia waited my family and produced high customer service. Got ultimate package for a very competitive price. No deposit, pay at desk by any type of card, no need credit card like in other companies. I’m very satisfied with service, car was only absolutely new and clean only 160km mileage on car before me. Will definitely use again. Thank you very much Drivalia, you’re the best on market!!!… Read Full Review

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Response to juliaaga's Review

Dear Customer,

Thank you for hiring a car from us and for taking the time to leave your review.

It´s great to hear that you found our service to your satisfaction. We work very hard to ensure that we deliver the very best cars and service to all of our clients and we are very proud of our flagship all-inclusive car hire package - Drivalia Ultimate. Since we launched it a few years ago it has become by far the most popular way that our clients choose to book their cars because of the simplicity, transparency and overall great value. Whilst some customers prefer low cost packages and the terms of those, more and more people choose Drivalia Ultimate because you get a fair and honest price with everything included, no hassle, no stress and no extras!

We very much hope that we can look forward to seeing you again soon in one of our six airport locations throughout Spain!

Scooter691's Response to juliaaga's Review

Drivalia_Car_Rental's reply to Scooter691's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2018

Dear Scooter691,

All reviews left on this site, or any other are from clients and I am sure that the relevant platforms can verify this based on their user details or IP addresses etc if you have any doubts.

If you are insinuating that we write our own reviews we can assure you that this is absolutely not the case and would soon be highlighted and dealt with by websites such as this or others.

Read 3 Comments

“Be careful - these guys charge for everything”

Written on: 14/08/2018 by Downey474 (1 review written)

Off site hire company. Car was fine but they photograph everything on return and charge for the slightest scratch and have a ready reckoner change sheet to hand to make it easier to charge you. Check under the wheels and never collect one in the dark - they say they have lighting for you to check but it's impossible in the darkn. Make sure you check and report everything - found an 8cm scratch they hadn't spotted and would have cost over 200 Euros. They are clearly making money by charging for… Read Full Review

Read 1 Comment

“Dodgy battery cost me £250”

Written on: 13/08/2018 by ElishaArmstrong (1 review written)

Drivalia in Girona Airport Spain. Hired car and about 1 week of driving it, the battery drained and needed to be charged. E250 to call out their repair service. No lights or anything else had been left on. Had no choice but to pay the fee. Staff were very unhelpful and not exactly polite… Read Full Review

“Great Service”

Written on: 12/08/2018 by MBoother (1 review written)

Brand new car. Polite, friendly and helpful staff. Very good value. Short courtesy bus drive from airport terminal and this can take a little while in busy periods as the vans don't carry many people but it's quick a transfer once on board. In my opinion far better than the zoo for other hire companies inside the terminal itself. Highly recommended… Read Full Review

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Response to MBoother's Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It´s always lovely to hear from our customers and even better when we know that we are getting things right. We do work hard to deliver a great level of customer care as well as the newest and latest models of cars and a speedy hassle-free car hire experience.

Remember that we have six offices in Spain and we are always here to help you with your Spanish car hire needs!

See you again soon!

Scooter691's Response to MBoother's Review

Read 2 Comments

“Friendly, efficient and perfect again”

Written on: 06/08/2018 by ClaesK (1 review written)

After having rented cars in both Alicante and now Mallorca I will recommend to anyone to rent car from Drivalia. Friendly and fair and problems are not existing. Thanks for letting us return the car later when our fligth was late. See you again when I return to Mallorca Best regards Claes… Read Full Review

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Response to ClaesK's Review

Hello

Thank you for hiring a car from us and for taking the time to leave a review. We are really pleased that you enjoyed using our service and that everything was good for you.

We hope that we can look forward to seeing you again soon.

Scooter691's Response to ClaesK's Review

Written on: 24/08/2018

The average on Google is very different form this review page. Also note that this is the review page used on Drivalia.com web.

Read 2 Comments

“Polite efficient ,no hidden extras ,good vehicles”

Written on: 31/07/2018 by MW62 (1 review written)

Hired a car from Alicante a couple of years ago. I have NEVER used a car hire company TWICE, until now I have booked a car for September from their Valencia branch and look forward to the experience once more. WHY CAN'T ALL HIRE CAR COMPANIES BE AS STRAIGHT FORWARD AS THESE PEOPLE… Read Full Review

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Response to MW62's Review

Dear Customer,

Thank you for hiring a car from us again and for taking the time to share your opinion about the service that we provide.

We work hard to deliver the very best service to our clients and customers who return back to us are a testimony to the effort that we make. We are delighted that you like hiring cars from us and we really appreciate your custom.

We hope that we can look forward to the opportunity to see you again soon!

Scooter691's Response to MW62's Review

Scooter691's Response to MW62's Review

Written on: 24/08/2018

WOW . congrats as that is not at all my experience. Rental 3 days 80 Euros extra costs 107 euros

“Very professional”

Written on: 23/07/2018 by Chazza55 (2 reviews written)

Very good speedy service, extremely courteous staff. No added extra's… Read Full Review

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Response to Chazza55's Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you had a good experience with us and we very much look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Scooter691's Response to Chazza55's Review

Chazza55's reply to Scooter691's Comment

Written on: 24/08/2018

That's a shame it cost you so much, we opted for the all inclusive package and we were £470 for 3 weeks

“Brilliant Service”

Written on: 01/07/2018 by Scforbs (1 review written)

We have just returned from 4 weeks in Calpe Spain and we hired our car from Drivilia at Alicante Airport. I researched the various company’s before hand and decided to give them a try, well what a smooth experience, we were picked up from the airport on time and the staff at their office were very polite and helpful, we were given a brand new car with 7 kilometres on the clock. On returning the car the staff were polite and very helpful, the bus was waiting for us and took us back to the… Read Full Review

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Response to Scforbs's Review

Scooter691's Response to Scforbs's Review

“Best in Spain”

Written on: 29/06/2018 by mirkopuzovi (1 review written)

Good service for ultimate pack. New car. All service speed and professional… Read Full Review

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Response to mirkopuzovi's Review

Scooter691's Response to mirkopuzovi's Review

Written on: 24/08/2018

Lucky you as our car was scratched and the interior dirt and seats was looking like babys puked on them

Read 2 Comments

“Excellent straightforward c.ar hire from Santiago airport”

Written on: 27/06/2018 by NottinghamTraveller (1 review written)

Booked a car for 2 weeks in June in Galicia with Drivalia - the first time I have used them. The car was provided by Drivalia through a voucher I purchased from Zest Car Rental. The price was good but the proof is in the eating! The Nissan Micra car was new (4000 kms)and in excellent condition and presentation. the collection was efficient both in terms of the shuttle bus from the airport to the Drivalia office (5 minutes) and the paperwork. No hassling over insurance or other add ons and a… Read Full Review

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Response to NottinghamTraveller's Review

Dear Customer,

Thank you for hiring a car from us and taking the time to write your review.

It´s great to know that you had an enjoyable experience with us and we hope that it won´t be too long before we get the opportunity to see you again.

Scooter691's Response to NottinghamTraveller's Review

Read 2 Comments

“Fantastic service from Drivalia”

Written on: 19/06/2018

Just back from Alicante where we hired a car from Drivalia and we are delighted that we chose them. Our package included top insurance and an additional driver. The Drivalia courtesy bus collected us from the airport. We were delighted to get an upgrade to a brand new Opel Mocca complete with Sat Nav. Our package worked out at great value, much better than seemingly cheaper companies. Their collect full/return full fuel policy is a major bonus. Very friendly staff, very professional company -… Read Full Review

Scooter691's Comment

“Disaster”

Written on: 04/06/2018 by Tomasf434 (1 review written)

1 ) had to wait for shuttle for a long time 2) they did not accept my VISA so I had to pay for double insurance ( had already bought it on the internet but had to pay once again at the office) 3) they charged 100 euro for gas and told me I would get it back when I left the car with full tank. I got nothing back so I payed twice for gas 4) on the check they charged 50 euros for I dont know what- it is not specified ( as is for exemple taxes) This was in Alicante- I feel very bad about this… Read Full Review

Scooter691's Comment

Written on: 24/08/2018

We had to pay 35 Euros in a administration fee for us to be able to pick up with full gas and deliver with full gas. The check of meter tok 2 seconds. That mus be an hourly fee higher than the best lawyers in the US.