Makita MXT 8444D Reviews

Media Gallery for Makita MXT 8444D

Makita MXT 8444D

“10 Years”

written by linedriller on 06/09/2014

I have had mine for 10 years and it's been used pretty hard all it's life. Drilled a floor safe once for 1 1/2 hours with my full weight on it to get through the ceramic discs. It's been dropped several times, and once left in a painters oven with no ill effects. Bloody good piece of kit! Easy to handle and not too heavy for it's capability. Chas.

“Not up to Markita standards”

written by on 06/04/2012

I had my original Makita stolen. This was replaced by insurance but it was the MXT 8444D. The new drill lasted about 2 weeks and the batteries decided to pack in. These were replaced and all was fine until 2 months ago when the hammer/drill switch broke inside the drill so I could not change to drill from hammer and also the 3 way speed switch has now packed in. So not a good report for this drill. Maybe a one off as Makita are a very good drill.

“Makita drills came as a recommendation from a friend,...”

written by on 08/05/2011

Makita drills came as a recommendation from a friend, and I'm glad I took it. I bought a Makita MXT 8444D 18v Cordless when I started doing work to my house a couple of years ago and it is one of the best tools I have ever used.
Three speeds, hammer/drill/screw selector and 16 (yes, 16!) torque settings, which work really well when used for different jobs.
The battery life is good (3.0Ah), but a second is always recommended if doing a lot of work. The charger is quick though, so you'll almost certainly have a fresh battery ready before the current one runs out.
The most impressive piece of work it has done in my opinion was whilst completing my bathroom. I put a 40mm core drill through a 'double skin' exterior brick wall using this thing......incredible! I thought I'd have to borrow a mains drill, but no.
Bad points? Can't think of any. Highly recommended.