WhipCar Reviews - www.whipcar.com

WhipCar - www.whipcar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for WhipCar - www.whipcar.com

WhipCar - www.whipcar.com

“Works well for me when I need a car”

Written on: 28/08/2012 by adventuretwins (2 reviews written)

I've been using whipcar for about 6 months, and have rented a car half a dozen times since then. There are quite a few cars in my area but I've stuck to the same two owners now that I know them. It took me a couple of attempts to get my first rental sorted but I found that sending the owner a message introducing myself helped and once I had one good review on my profile, I didn't have any more delays. I can understand why some owners would be nervous and, as I need a car quite regularly, it was… Read Full Review

“Too good to be true!”

Written on: 24/08/2012

Came across whipcar and thought WOW what a great idea! I needed a car urgently to drive down to London for a day as my car is too old to make the journey. I signed up and followed all the procedures to become a member which only took a couple of mins, I was really impressed! I then began searching for cars, some of which were lovely; a convertible mini cooper and the brand new KA for as little as £30 a day and just down the road! So I 'booked' the cars I fancied which involved sending a… Read Full Review

Jonathan Kelly's Comment

Written on: 18/08/2013

They closed down some months ago I got the email soon after joining them but before I had a chance to rent a car using them.

Read 1 Comment

“I'm an owner”

Written on: 30/06/2012

I have been using Whipcar for coming up to two years now as an owner of a car, and it is now paying for itself. When I started out, I had one or two careless drivers, but Whipcar have improved the vetting process and I too have restricted the drivers I rent to (eg no under 25s). I keep my car cheap so as to be value for money and so it is always in demand. It's a new small company, and a concept that I really want(ed) to work and so I took a risk, and it is paying off. Once rented… Read Full Review

“worked for me”

Written on: 28/06/2012 by st3v3y (1 review written)

I have had four bookings and made £316. I read these reviews and they made me super cautious on which bookings I accept but no problems so far… Read Full Review

“Driver returned car late at night with empty tank”

Written on: 14/05/2012 by Joninlondon (3 reviews written)

I rented my car out to a 25 year old. He called 10 minutes before the rental saying he was running late and could I pick him up from the station. No wanting hang around all day I drove to the station and after an hour 4 young giggling lads appeared with golf clubs, threw them in the boot and drove off crashing over a speed bump when they did. They were due back at 8pm and when they were late I had to arrange insurance for them with whipcar to cover the extra time. When they did speed into the… Read Full Review

“No rentals so far”

Written on: 07/02/2012

As we've got a car standing idle I thought I'd put on Whipcar. In 4 months n rentals at all. Can't imagine the company is doing much as most vehicles around me haven't been rented either… Read Full Review

Scoochydoo's Comment

Written on: 15/02/2012

it's because .. with all the additional add ons, they are the most expensive car hire company around .. or nearly .. no value for money involved here, so what is the point? Also , people hiring their cars are charging as much if not more than a regular car hire service .. again .. eh .. what is the point?

Read 1 Comment

“WHIPCAR - DAMAGE CAR + BAD SERVICE = OUT OF POCKET. I...”

Written on: 04/05/2011 by Ezyd (1 review written)

WHIPCAR - DAMAGE CAR + BAD SERVICE = OUT OF POCKET. I believe I am Honest and fair man. I work hard to earn the things I have. I changed job recently and as a result I got a luxury company car as part of the package. so my recently bought beloved BMW saloon was left at home only coming out rarely on the odd Sundays whilst still paying a insurance premium. I came upon Whipcar purely by chance, and just like you are now, thought this is amazing, that such service are available. I thought I could… Read Full Review

Scoochydoo's Response to Ezyd's Review

Written on: 15/02/2012

wow.. and as a consumer, they charge way too much .. any regular car hire company is better value

Dumbodanny's Response to Ezyd's Review