WindHorse Tours, Treks & Expeditions - www.windhorsetours.com

4.5

Media Gallery for WindHorse Tours, Treks and Expeditions - www.windhorsetours.com

“During the fall of 2010 I went on an West to East...”

written by savvytraveller49 on 22/04/2011

During the fall of 2010 I went on an West to East Traverse Cultural Tour with Wind Horse Tours for 12 days covering 2 festivals, 10 dzongs, visits with lama, tour of farm and farmhouse, Tiger's Nest, a painting school, weaving school, self-exploring the various towns (more rustic hotels in the East but adequate), hikes, a nunnery and much more! Our guide had excellent English, was a college grad and knowledgeable Buddhist recounting many animistic stories. The agency/personnel were all very sensitive to our needs and genuine. I returned solo in March 2011 to do a 5 day Druk Path Trek with Wind Horse (I accomplished 60km in 5 days at nearly 14,000' at age 62), met several yakherders and spent another 5 days going to native places (such as the herbal medicine doctor/pharmacy) and with Bhutanese friends I had met before due to Wind Horse connections. Mystic culture, pristine wilderness and some true people connections! Everything I wanted!

Cindy S., USA

“We have returned home after a memorable 3 weeks in...”

written by Pjim on 20/04/2011

We have returned home after a memorable 3 weeks in Sikkim, Bhutan and India I would like to thank the entire team at Windhorse Tours for putting it together to meet our needs, and for the wonderful tour that was executed for us. From the greeting upon our arrival to our departure, Wind Horse staff went out of their way to find out our personal interests and then customized the tours to ensure we got the very most out the vacation.

In particular I want to thank the tour guides in each location who are all outstanding individuals who have left lasting memories of the lands we visited, and were each one exceptional:- Sonam Tsering Bhutia in Drajeeling and Sikkim; Leki Dorji in Bhutan and Mukesh in India