The SofaBed Gallery Reviews - www.sofabedgallery.co.uk

Summary

UK's favourite sofa bed and futon store.
The SofaBed Gallery - www.sofabedgallery.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The SofaBed Gallery - www.sofabedgallery.co.uk

The SofaBed Gallery - www.sofabedgallery.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Useless”

Written on: 07/07/2020 by billyhiggins (1 review written)

Absolutely useless. Paid £250 for a mattress, took a day off to wait for it to arrive and it never turned up. Company couldn't care less and stated I could either have it delivered a day late or cancel the order, that was their resolution. No compensation for my wasted time whatsoever, which they are liable for. Very poor service to say the least. County court summons on the way to them for the loss of earnings waiting in all day. Don't let companies like this take you for a fool… Read Full Review

The_Sofabed_Gallery's Response to billyhiggins's Review

Written on: 07/07/2020

Verbally abusive customer who would not accept a mattress delivery of over 300 miles could be delayed, even with all the COVID 19 pressures in place. Delivery the following day was flatly refused so unfortunately we had no alternative but to cancel the order and provide a full refund.

Billyhiggins's reply to The_Sofabed_Gallery's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2020

You had 5 days lead time. Don't be giving it the Covid-19 excuse, you're a circus of a company who don't give a hoot about customers once you've taken their money. Where's my refund?

Read 2 Comments

“Still waiting for my delivery phoned up to complain...”

Written on: 08/05/2017 by tuMcCracken363 (1 review written)

Still waiting for my delivery phoned up to complain all they said that I should phone the delivery company so now just waiting for my refund… Read Full Review

The_Sofabed_Gallery's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2017

Thank you for your review. We are slightly confused as the delivery company log that the item was delivered on Friday 5th May as scheduled. If you require further assistance please contact our customer service team who will be happy to assist you. Kindest regards.

Read 1 Comment

“Go with a serious company- AVOID THE SOFA BED GALLERY. ”

Written on: 02/03/2016 by nycol (1 review written)

I bought the ultimate pocket sprung after a phone conversation with the company in which I was told that 1) would be suitable for my sofa bed specifications-- trampolin base (particularly called to ask on this point) and 2) "the more you pay the better quality you get". 10 days later the mattress is V- shaped and the store manager now says its not suited for the base(!!!!!). They can "inspect it" but the courier cost is on me- And with the level of professionalism shown I have no expectations… Read Full Review

The_Sofabed_Gallery's Response to nycol's Review

Written on: 03/03/2016

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the mattress, however after reading your review, I feel compelled to point out to readers "the other side of the story".
As the manager and owner of Sofabed Gallery Ltd, at no point did I say, and I quote "it's not suited for the base". The mattress you purchased, the ultimate pocket sprung mattress is a direct replacement for any mattress of the same dimensions. Let me be clear on the matter and explain to readers the issue you have encountered :
You purchased as replacement sofa bed mattress to be installed on an old, worn sofa bed mechanism. Your mechanism is just like us really, in time we wear, get saggy, and don't support us as well as when we were young. Your trampoline base is no different. With the weight of the user pressing down on the new mattress, your base will give and sink down - generally in the centre where the pork pies are stored. The mattress will follow the shape of the base, hence if the base drops in the centre, the mattress will follow this. A mattress cannot stiffen a worn base. Your statement that this is an issue with the mattress and not the base is baffling. We explained that when you lie the mattress on the floor, you will see it is indeed flat - still you complain that the issue is with the mattress.
Had you contacted us when the mattress was first installed and the experience noted, we would have accepted the return with open arms, however using the mattress for 2 weeks and then wishing to return it is just plain silly (and yes, we do comply with all current legislation regarding returns of hygiene related products).
Could I respectfully advise that rather than spending time trying to soil our excellent reputation for fine products, you spend the same time resolving the real issue - a worn sofa bed base.

Read 1 Comment

“Absolutely shocking service do not use!”

Written on: 27/03/2014 by Keenani491 (1 review written)

I ordered my sofa bed to replace a broken one and received a phonecall on the day of order to say it would be delivered next day. I went into organisation mode and hired a van to get rid of broken sofa bed and organised a day off to be in for delivery. I got a phonecall later that day to say there was an issue it would be another day. No big deal I thought and changed the arrangements. I then had my sofa bed removed on the delivery day and had my days holiday only to get a phonecall late… Read Full Review

The_Sofabed_Gallery's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2014

Thank you for reviewing our company. I am sorry to hear of the delay in delivering your order and understand the frustration to have had to re-schedule your arrangements.
The delivery process is carried out by an outside contractor and unfortunately is out of our control, this method offers us the lowest cost option resulting in outstanding value for money on our range of products.
99.9% of orders are delivered swiftly and efficiently on the planned day, however on this occasion we admit that the delivery service fell short of our high levels of customer service expected when ordering from us.
We apologised to you for the error at the time however were not in a position to correct the mistake until the next delivery window.
Should you have any further questions or would like to discuss the matter further, do not hesitate to contact us by email.

“Would not recommend!!!”

Written on: 26/06/2013 by kacska (1 review written)

We bought a sofa bed from The Sofabed Gallery after requesting samples to make sure we order the right colour for our new house. The samples took around 2-3 weeks to arrive. Then while waiting over 7 weeks for delivery, we decorated our front room on the basis of the colour samples and bought new curtains as well. Sofa bed arrived damaged, in a colour that was nowhere close to that of the sample and without the 'free' scatter pillows. Despite providing evidence about all of the above, it took… Read Full Review

The_Sofabed_Gallery's Response to kacska's Review

Written on: 05/07/2013

Having received many positive reviews on our products and service, it is deeply regretable to receive such a negative review from this customer. Clearly on this occasion, our transport department experienced issues which resulted in the scatter cushions becoming seperated from the main sofa - an issue which we could have resolved easily given the chance, however the customer's issue with the colour was something only a miracle worker could resolve....

We received the unit back in our warehouse which was duly inspected by the manufacturer and our warehouse manager, the conclusion being that the unit was exactly as specified and the colour difference between the fabric sample and the product was simply one of shading. The customer refuted the findings and subsequently launched a barrage of threats citing compensation, watchdog, the national media as the main topics.

As a gesture of goodwill, we arranged to collect the unit and offered a full refund to the customer with no cost to her whatsoever, something which was completed the very same day.

Unfortunately some customers will never be happy regardless of our efforts to resolve matters and sadly this appears to be the case in this instance.