MyBuilder.com - www.mybuilder.com

MyBuilder.com - www.mybuilder.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for MyBuilder.com - www.mybuilder.com

MyBuilder.com - www.mybuilder.com

“Excellent work”

Written on: 24/08/2022 by RobMat (1 review written)

Found my plumber, through MyBuilder. We needed to have a shower replaced. He arrived exactly when he said he would and finished right on schedule. He has done a first class job. Everything left clean and tidy and all debris from the old shower removed from site. The cost as per quotation. We are delighted with the work done. Would recommend this young man for all your plumbing needs.

“Mybuilder is a company only interested in filling...”

Written on: 06/07/2022 by LaceyCooley95 (1 review written)

Mybuilder is a company only interested in filling there pockets with tradesmen money. No customer vetting to stop tradesmen from being ripped off. No tradesmen customer services. Invoice for none exciting jobs. No way to contact Mybuilder for tradesmen. Has been the worst experience I've ever had in my 30 years as a professional and. Do not trust Mybuilder company in any way.

“Excellent job!”

Written on: 07/06/2022 by claretandblue68 (1 review written)

Used a local plasterer for a large job on our house. Needed two large bedrooms, full landing, stairs and hallway plus two large rooms downstairs. We used a guy from Barnoldswick in Lancashire. He gave us a quote and stuck to it even knocking a bit off when he found he didn't need to drop the original ceilings as was first thought. Honest or what! Turned up when he said he would and finished the job on time. Would recommend to anyone. He finished with a coat of sealant paint ready for us to finish with colours of our choice. Good job.

“ DO NOT CARE ABOUT TRADESMEN .. ”

Written on: 27/04/2022 by RonanMcBride33 (1 review written)

I am a plasterer on my builder, we tradesmen pay for leads on my builder, up to 4 tradesmen can be shortlisted for jobs [my builder get paid 4 times] however just lately i have noticed that i have been shortlisted for jobs, i made contact within 3 minutes of recieving a lead, only to be told that the job had been done, my builder still want me to pay for a job of which i had no chance of doing. I tried to make contact with the ceo but he refuses to respond. Beware of a company who only want to take tradesmens money.

“Absolute rubbish company!!!!”

Written on: 17/11/2021 by ksMcKee111 (1 review written)

Absolute rubbish company. Paid a hefty sum for bathroom installations, tiles shipped from Spain and Italy. The builders I got from their site, did a absolutely appalling job. There has been leaks for the last 1.5 years. The sad path is I no longer have a job, so I cant afford to repair it. The bathroom stinks without being used and honestly, I am very depressed by this. Trader is now conveniently in Poland. Think again if you want to use their platform. Their complaints process is a sham and you will never get due redress. Since you have asked for more information and to prevent you from providing a generic response that would attempt to make my complaint look trivial, here is what your complaint handler provided to me as a response. Hi, Thank you for your time earlier today and, once again, sorry to hear of the issues you have had with Mariusz. Following our conversation, I have tried to call Mariusz but there was no answer. I have sent him an email asking him to make contact with me. I will update you if I hear anything from Mariusz. If I do not hear from Mariusz, I will follow him up one last time in the next couple of days. In the meantime, please can you send me details of any messages you have from Mariusz of him explaining he is bankrupt and now living in Poland, along with any pictures of the work he has done? As discussed, please click this link for more advice on the Small Claims Court. If you do take any legal advice, I would advise that you make them aware that you believe Mariusz to be bankrupt. For completion, please see below the contact details we have for Mariusz. As I mention above, I will keep you updated. Please let me know if you have any questions. Kind regards, MyBuilder Customer Service Well, mybuilder plus did not come into effect until post 2020, which means that as I had used your site as an intermediary between myself and the trader, this product is not relevant to my situation.Your response shows the dicey and offhanded way you handle complaints. You have not taken responsibility for this, even slightly in any way. Lest you forget, you did inform me in your email on 13th November 2020 that you would update me on blocking Mariusz; account. I can bet you didn't until further complaints were made by other customer's to this effect. Your company have been fraught with terrible reviews of your customer's terrible experiences with tradesmen, but again no responsibility.This review has detailed to communicate my dissatisfaction with your services, whatever that is. For a company that acts as an intermediary for tradesmen that stand to collect thousands of pounds, you should do better. I only hope others have taken the time to read through the email thread. As I have now found, trustatrader offers a much better service. You can do a comparison online of these companies. I hope you all make better decisions than I have going forward. There is no point going back and forth with this company. They have just shown through their response that if you decide to use their services, without mybuilder plus and the tradesman decides to go bankrupt or move somewhere else, you are liable for the damage. On the other hand, maybe using google reviews to search for trusted traders in your area my be better and safer in the long run**** Reply from MyBuilder 4 hours ago Hi, Unfortunately we can't prevent people from going bankrupt. However, we now offer an insurance policy - MyBuilder Plus - to cover people for the occasions where work is unsatisfactory or tradespeople run into financial problems. After ten years of successfully using MyBuilder to source work and over two hundred positive customer comments for completed work, the tradesman received several negative customer comments in succession and we took action to permanently close his account. MyBuilder

Kimi2022's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2022

He has an advert on mybuilder. He took my full money but didn’t fix the bath problem. In fact he caused water leaks in my house, from the bath to kitchen ceiling and from the boiler. The plumber refused to fix the problem & leak damage that he caused, telling me to find another plumber because he was too busy to return. Basically he damaged my house, fixed nothing and ran off with a lot of my money.

I feel devastated. Had a very stressful few days this week since this happened.

Adeajadi's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2022

Hi,

Could you send me a link to his ad.

Aliceajadi's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2022

Hi

Are you referring to team of modern homes (company name) may have changed.

If so, they absolutely recked my home and I'm still paying for it. The guys that fixed the issue stated that ut was the worst job they had seen in their entire careers.

Mybuilder informed me they had taken him off the site. Surely we can escalate this issue to authorities.

Read 3 Comments

“Carpet supply and fitter”

Written on: 31/12/2020 by Andrea26 (1 review written)

The guy i dealt with fitted vinyl flooring for me and I was very impressed , polite , professional and a very good job . I then wanted new hall , landing , bedroom carpet I rung him he brought his books around and I chose my carpet , very pleased with the price , carpet now fitted and fitted very well , looks superb , would recommend to anyone looking for new carpets or just fitting .

“new fitted bathroom”

Written on: 10/12/2020 by Nash352 (1 review written)

My Builder JLP Building Services fitted a new bathroom, excellent work arrived on time and put in the hours. My builder didn't disappoint me the work was brilliantly done clean and tidy and I can highly recommend JLP Building Services. My builder also kindly installed a new radiator in my Porch which was not part of the original work he was employed to do. That's why I am happy to rate him as I did. (he is a polite young man and very respectful)

“Toilet replacement”

Written on: 05/12/2019 by HulbertE (1 review written)

Job done by Epps was completed exactly on time well satisfied with the work.friendly service .

“Professional job well done ”

Written on: 27/03/2019 by Milozx (1 review written)

Recently had a new bath and tiles installed by a guy who was very professional in his work highly recommend

“refurbish shower cubicle”

Written on: 10/03/2019 by Jayson230 (1 review written)

The person I dealt with from I D property maintenance made an excellent refurbishment job on my shower cubicle he left the place very clean and tidy and was helpful and pleasant to deal with I would certainly use him again and would recommend him to others

“Replacement shed roof”

Written on: 30/01/2019 by AlonsoCoughlin (1 review written)

Posted job on bodybuilder and got 3 replies.1st came measured up we talked about material to use,left saying would send me quote.2nd came looked at shed gave quote for asphalt,said I would prefer metal roof gave me quote and left.3rd came measured up,talked about materials left saying would send me quote,a week later quote came. Decided to go with 1st roofer,he came back talked about when it could be done and he left. The following day I got a message to say couldn't do it that week but if I paid for the materials he'd squeeze me in. Told him that wasn't acceptable and made a new date. 2 days before he was due to start got a message to say the roof had been damaged and had to wait for a replacement. If this is how these guys run their business I'm surprised they get any work at all. Nit HaPpY wanted roof done before the snow came.......

“Stop the cold”

Written on: 18/01/2019 by blkjack (1 review written)

Just got a quick and speedy hinge replacement on my kitchen window after spending the night in the cold my builder was called in the morning and all done and dusted within two hours from calling wow would use again in a heart beat

“Fabulous Bathroom Refurbishment”

Written on: 22/05/2018 by GwenSouter (1 review written)

My bathroom needed a complete overhaul, I had all the plaster removed right down to the brick work, all pipework changed and hidden (there was loads) a new radiator plumbed in and the ceiling replaced, walls were plastered, painted, tiled. All existing Floor tiles removed and replaced. New light fitting, extractor fan, illuminating mirror and electric shower fitted. A Complete Bathroom Suite/furniture and a Quadrant Shower Enclosure installed by the punctual and reliable........ DF Building Services team All the waste and rubbish was promptly disposed of, leaving No mess. Everywhere was clean and tidy leaving us with a beautiful new bathroom I would highly recommend DF Building Services for there advice, professional workmanship and dedication to detail

“this Builder should be struck off. he is not a...”

Written on: 10/04/2018 by patricialewis2018 (1 review written)

this Builder should be struck off. he is not a builder or a Plumber .  he does not know anything about the building trade he use all the wrong building material in my bathroom . plus he put the waste pipe inside my bathroom . resident East London

“New Hall Floor”

Written on: 16/02/2018 by BrianBell (1 review written)

I wanted a new hall floor and because I am disabled and in a wheelchair I wanted a floor that would last I tried tiles and carpet but was not satisfied so I asked for advise and I was advised that a wood flooring would be the answer I chose a herringbone effect and the finish is amazing very good workmanship and all rubbish was taken away time keeping I couldn't fault I would recommend this company to anyone I am so thrilled with my new floor

“Warranty is a joke”

Written on: 15/02/2018 by 419Schaefer (1 review written)

Quality is poor. Workmanship is poor. Staff is incompetent and unprofessional. They don’t honor warranty. Wouldn’t recommend this company to build a doghouse. Worst home buying experience I have ever had. Don’t deal with these clowns.

“Flat roof”

Written on: 07/02/2018 by German30 (1 review written)

Had a flat roof done by step by step. They did a wonderful job. Very friendly. I will defiantly recommend them.

“be very careful if you are a builder on mybuilder.com...”

Written on: 09/01/2018 by GerardoJoyce27 (1 review written)

be very careful if you are a builder on mybuilder.com looking for leads. i had a lead sent to me for an extension local to me, therefore i expressed an interest. almost as soon as i expressed an interest the posting was updated and now the extension has been explained as a customer just wanting a guide price and some advice so he can decide whether or not to buy a house !!, the customer also has now stated that he wishes to buy some materials !!....certainly not the proposition it looked like when first sent to me by mybuilder.com !! i spoke to mybuilder and they have flatly refused to waive the fee for the lead what a joke - customers and builders alike - be very careful using my builder, they try to get money out of you.

“Any tradesmen can advertise on mybuilder good or bad”

Written on: 20/12/2017 by Malone36 (1 review written)

Mybuilder will take money from anyone who wants to advertise on their site. I invited a local tradesman with excellent reviews and quoting he belonged to UK Trade Federation. After being extremely disappointed with my bathroom work I decided to ring the UK Trades Federation for support and advice and guess what this person had not been a member of this federation for 5 years whilst advertising on the mybuilder site. Obviously nothing is checked on a regular basis regarding this. Total disappointment in the tradesman I used and mybuilder site.. Always get recommendation from family and friends and go and view the work they have carried out.

“Dodgy job links provided”

Written on: 05/12/2017 by Angelr254 (1 review written)

As a tradesman with over 15 years of experience & having used Rated Trades before i expected a decent job referral experience from Mybuilder. However so many of the job referrals i've had from them have been duff & a waste of time/money i cannot in conscience give them a good review. Some have been for people who did'nt even own the property they were getting a quote for & were just potential purchasers trying to getting a costing to refurb before buying itthe going rate etc, others have no idea how much an experirnced tradesman charges & can't afford to pay the going rate..! Since they won't refund any leads regardless either it is a waste of your money unless you are into throwing your money away..! Also they don't tell people posting work that they charge trademen for the leads, which i think is misleading tbh..