Post Office Online Saver Reviews

Post Office Online Saver - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Post Office Online Saver

“Slow and incompitent”

written by ZachariahFisher236 on 19/04/2024

It’s obvious the Post Office are not very good with computers, not only Horizon. It has taken them four months to confirm a deceased relatives account. Suggest the government remove the top three layers of management or introduced a new form of bonus scheme, if they don’t do a good job they get a cut in their pay, not their bonus, or demoted. Would never use Post Office to save money, my experience with this has warned me off, the Post Office one had a good name for reliability and efficiency, what happened.

“Wish I Had Read These First!”

written by Pickle72 on 10/04/2024

I was looking for a high interest savings account for a reasonable sum of money and the Post Office came out top in online searches. Unfortunately, that's where the top marks end! They were slow to send anything through, the process for how to deposit money was not clear (the steps outlined did not exist on their website!) and their staff were ineffective and unhelpful. Finally, after a lengthy phone call, I managed to make my deposit. 48 hours later and it hadn't turned up. Cue another 30 minute phone call during which I was eventually told that the account wasn't linked and so the money wouldn't be received! The money came from my husband's bank and he is a named account holder. I have decided there is no way I am trying again. I will let the account lapse and chalk it up to experience. I have never dealt with such inefficiency and pure ineptitude and that is saying something! Do yourselves a favour and steer well clear!

“Its another 1 star for the Post Office Online Saver!”

written by Camrone111 on 09/04/2024

Was drawn in with the high interest rate for an Instant Access Online Account. Totally happy all online. Seems they are the ones who can't handle online. Linked to Barclays (not some unknown bank) but ended up having to make quite a few phone calls. Then they wanted me to photocopy bank statement and write letter (pen and paper!) and post in older fashioned post box. Hmmm... Over a week later. Money I transferred was rejected and bounced back to my bank account and I can't deposit anything even though they sent me a few emails now, telling me that I had opened account but had not deposited money in yet. More phone calls today. Tried to deposit just £10 again. It's not there. Such a shame in this day and age. Would be good if they could get it all running well and online like it is meant to be. So now, just waiting to see what will happen next......... tune in again. I may write an update on the long saga.

“Online Saver”

written by Rylee498 on 05/04/2024

Very difficult to deposit money from HSBC current account into new online account even though P.O.accept HSBC as linked account. Problem being,Post Office uses bank of Ireland... an international bank according to HSBC. P. O. customer service can't help, manager not available! Someone is going to ring back by end of next week!! Think I will be closing this account before it's active as dread to think what it's like to withdraw money..... if you manage to deposit any!

“Inept in the extreme, avoid at all costs!”

written by on 28/11/2023

My late mother had an account with Post Office Money with approximately £11,000 in it. On my mother's death, as Executor of her Will, I instructed solicitors to act on my behalf. The Post Office has failed to respond to requests to close the account both from my solicitor and from myself. Indeed, despite numerous requests the money has still (10 months after instructing my solicitor, and 4 months after probate was granted) not been transferred to the Estate Account, and requests continue to be ignored. It is an appalling way to behave, particularly in the light of a bereavement. Banking Services Ombudsman here I come.

“Don't support faster payments”

written by on 17/08/2023

Lost my faith after just 24 hours of opening an account online. Opened an account online no problem then tried to transfer my opening deposit from linked account but the PO online service was down albeit I woke to an email asking me to transfer my deposit or they will close. Transferred the Opening transfer from another bank that morning (no idea how to do it from linked account despite it being an option) which annoyingly then only showed in my new PO online account 24 hours later so again attempted a small transfer next day as a test which again didn't show some hours later. Rang their customer service to raise my concern ahead of a larger deposit who told me this is standard to take 24 hrs and if I wasn't comfortable then don't deposit any further money when i said this doesn't sound like the account that will work for me they said its my choice if I want to close online. Thus I will close once i see my latest deposit but why advertise good rates to entice large deposits but fail to mention you don't support fast payments? If smaller banks and institutions support it then I would expect BoI/PO to as well. Reading other reviews it just sounds like more hassle than its worth dealing with them.

“Excellent postal service”

written by JovanyNunez63 on 07/07/2023

I am very satisfied with the postal service. Staff are very helpful. I recommend the Broadway Post Office to all my friends. Thank you to everyone who served.

“Online Saver”

written by juliethebassplayer on 01/06/2023

Complete and utter rubbish. If you forget your user i/d you've had it!!! It tells you to phone a number and when you phone they tell you they can't help as you have to do everything online. But as you've forgotten your user i/d then you can't log in. I didn't even reach the stage of making a deposit. Bonkers!!!

“Terrible”

written by AlaynaGreen on 28/02/2023

I opened a savings account with the Post Office online as the interest rate is good. I deposited £10 just to see how quickly it would arrive. I transferred from my Starling account which uses faster pays, transferring instantly or within 2 hours. Hours passed, then days. No sign of the money. Post Office subsequently emailed me saying I hadn't deposited any money into my account (and that I should). But I obviously had tried to. So after 4 days, I called their customer services and I was told they don't support faster pays and I should wait at least 5 working days "check next week" as they use a different banking network (Bank of Ireland?). This terribly poor in this day and age of instant payments. And worse they emailed me asking to deposit when I already had tried to. The website to manage your account is awful, slow and clunky. Should have been upgraded 10 years ago. All in all a poor experience. I'll be closing my account as soon as my money appears and I can withdraw it. Fingers crossed that's not a palava.

Emmal88X's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2023

I'm going through a similar experience, it shouldn't be this difficult. I had set up a payment from my bank account as I couldn't find another way but it says the account is not supported for payments? I proceeded still but only transferring £1 as a test, hasn't appeared. Checked the FAQs and they say click on 'move money' but this is just not an option anywhere?? Easier just to close the account and open one elsewhere at this rate

“Depositing Money”

written by RacingTom on 03/12/2022

I have just opened an online savings account with the Post Office , and I cannot deposit any money into it. There is no option , on their website , to transfer funds from my linked account to my post office account. I know this is an Irish outfit , but don't they want me to make deposits ? I am prepared to offer a reward of 5 euros if someone can tell me how to deposit money from my linked account using the Post Office website. Thanks.

Pickle72's Response to RacingTom's Review

Written on: 10/04/2024

I had similar issues. Took a lengthy phone call to sort it out and then, after 48 hours, they bounced our money back!

The most inept organisation I have dealt with in a long time!

“They hold your money and deny access”

written by Kellen54 on 11/10/2022

Despite numerous calls over several hours I have been unable to access my Post Office Instant Saver account holding a large sum of money because they didn't recognize my linked NatWest account which was registered with them for years but flagged it only when I tried to withdraw money. I sent in requested statement 12 days earlier but their backoffice have not dealt with it. They say that they have escalated it but they will not pursue it despite repeated pleas. I have lodged complaints where they say somebody will get back within some days but I have never received a call. They repeat the same responses but have not responded at all because the organization is staffed by people who don't feel any responsibility and simply give standard responses with no understanding. All in all, this organization is rotten to the core and has caused me the worst experience I have had with an organization ever. Mainly because they have prevented me accessing my own funds and at an interest at a fraction (0.19% compared to 2.35%) of what is available. Unfortunately there is nothing I have been able to do despite talking to over 7 people at their "Customer Care" and "Help Lines". They tell me that there is nobody else I can talk to to resolve this horrific situation.

“Terrible - don’t give them your money !”

written by Veronica1947 on 18/07/2022

You can’t transfer money at the weekend, because it won’t clear until Monday. Tech issues yesterday & today , but tech team decided to close early, so I still can’t transfer MY money. As soon as I can access it, I’m closing my account. If I can’t access my money, they’re not having it

“Totally incompetent idiots..”

written by RigobertoLancaster on 01/02/2022

Opened a savings account just after Xmas. Documents and ATM card came through 6 days later and everything seemed ok. Went to pay in some money and the cashier said the account wasn't active and asked whether I had activated the card in the ATM machine to which I replied "yes". Still couldn't pay anything in!!! Phoned the post office up regarding this matter and had a complete idiot saying "I need more time" 20 minutes later still nothing apart from a response saying I need more time. Gave up and put the phone down. 2 weeks later, nothing from the post office so another phone call. Unfortunately I ended up speaking to the same inept idiots saying "I need more time". 27 minutes later and still nothing. Have never experienced some incompetent cretins how can't even explain to you what the problem is. Clising this account down and would never ever ever ever recommend these idiots to do anything. AVOID AT ALL COSTS AND SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE OF DEALING WITH MORONS!!!!!!!!

“Unbelievably Bad Admin”

written by YorkieJohn on 14/10/2021

I tried to open an online saver account and a 1 year bond. After 48 days, much misleading communication from them, and another call to their help desk (which was equally misleading), I’ve told them to cancel everything and return my cheques totalling £45k. When I spoke to the help desk, they told me that they had technical problems opening the accounts but that they had now solved those problems, had everything they needed from me, and that the accounts would be up and running within 5 days. That was 13 days ago snd the accounts are still not opened. Today I received a letter regarding one of the accounts saying they couldn’t open it because I hadn’t provided them with a Pension Entitlement Letter which they had asked for, quite rightly, to prove where the money had come from. The amazing thing is, they returned my Pension Entitlement Letter in the same envelope! I have never experienced such incompetent service from any company and won’t go near them again.

“Avoid at all costs, atrocious customer service ”

written by Edwards255 on 02/08/2021

Was initially attracted by the good introductory interest rate (some years ago) and can only say whatever interest earned was not worth it and I have invested far more time and energy trying to navigate the vagaries of the website (a relic from the late 90s) and dealing with the poorly trained and at times uninterested staff. Transferring money in and out of your account is a lengthy and fraught process. It seems to take an age for the money to appear in your linked account. Along with its dated look and limited features, the website is not intuitive and it is something of a faff to navigate. When (rather than if) something goes wrong, don't expect phone support. Staff don't seem well clued up on the branches procedures or policies and you will be given wrong or incomplete information, necessitating a lengthy correspondence by post until they might get round to resolving your problem at some point in the distant future. I am in the process of shutting down my account and looking for a different place for my savings.

“terrible service - do not invest”

written by on 11/07/2021

after maturing I tried to transfer my balance to my nominated account. NOw ay to tell what happens as not confirmation message re instructions and despite 3 phone calls, 3weeks elapsed since maturity, and attempting to make a complaint (not processed by PO) I still do not have a closing statement nor anything to show interest paid.

“Web site in the dark ages”

written by noddymix on 29/07/2020

Have been trying to get them to change my nominated account for two weeks without success keep telling me it will take 48 hrs to update the system but it never happens,having to call them every time i want to make a transfer. Formal complaint made and will be closing the account shortly.

“Absolutely useless, mistakes errors, and bad phone...”

written by Villeperdrix on 04/02/2020

Regrettably, couldn’t get our interest last year, and had to spend ages on the phone getting it. Unbelievably, the same thing happened this year again! And, they admitted it was their fault- again!

“Utterly and completely useless”

written by johncallaghan1979 on 22/01/2020

Opened a savings account with them a few weeks ago and have only been able to login once, as the account will no longer accept my pin, was sent a new pin entered it once and it didn't work, now have to wait for a new pin again. Very rudely told it was my fault that I had been locked out as I had entered the pin wrong 3 times, absolutely fuming as I only tried it once. I have to wait another 3 days for a new pin to come out. Hands down the worst account I've ever had. Their website is a joke as it often doesn't load or takes for ever to load, staff are abrubt and rude. I'm removing my money from this account and opening a new account elsewhere. They obviously need a new It company running their infrastructure.

“Disgusting service avoid ”

written by Spirit0073 on 30/12/2019

Absolute joke of an organisation. Transferred money from my savings account last week and still no sign of it. When I eventually got through to someone I was told that the office was shut last week so no transactions could be made!!! its my money!!which you access on line so whats the issue??? No communication to customers to inform them of the shut down and not being able to get your money to your bank. Absolute disgraceful. Apparently now they are sending me a voucher via text message that i can cash at the local post office which was meant to arrive an hour ago!!! Never witnessed such poor customer service ever

Asked by Drc7741 on 27th March 2020 Report this content
If I withdraw money on Friday from an online saver will I get it Saturday?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site