Posh Paws - Grantham Reviews

Posh Paws - Grantham - Ask a question now

“Never,never take your dog here”

Written on: 06/11/2014 by Shly (2 reviews written)

Took my dog here today to to clipped. This was his 3rd visit, and whilst I found them very rude in the past had been happy with his cut. NOT TODAY . When I arrived I explained he was about 3 weeks overdue for a trim, as they knew, and had a few knots behind his ears as despite daily grooming he won't let me comb him there. Got a call1/2 hour later to say he was now wet and they wouldn't trim him as 'in their words' he is matted, they were told he has few knots but 'matted' - NO, and why did… Read Full Review

Jacjaff's Response to Shly's Review

Written on: 16/03/2015

Mrs Lynch having read your very public review of my business, I feel it only fair to list the sequence of events and facts that you have failed to document.

Your visit to the salon on the 6/11/14 was your 3rd with Harvey and up to this point had been happy with the service provided by Posh Paws.

On your first visit you were made aware during the consultation that Posh Paws policy is to put the dogs comfort first. You signed a ".Shave off" agreement has this is what we had to do to Harvey's coat and this gave us consent to remove the coat in the event of dense matting.

On 2 occasions including the last Harvey's coat was severely matted. The process distresses the dog, and you were advised that clipping the coat shorter would be the kindest thing to do in these instances, making your dog as comfortable as possible. On your last visit we informed you that Harvey's coat was in a bad state with matts and at this point you told me I was exaggerating and that his coat was fine.
Under no circumstances would posh Paws put the vanity of your dog before humanity. You were called back to the salon to discuss options. Harvey did not have to be rescued as you claimed. !!
On your return Harvey had been bathed and was stood on a professional grooming table not a bench. For safety reason the dog is secured so that it may not fall from the table. Dogs safety is always paramount when in my care and custody. The safety loop are used on all dogs which you have seen for yourself when you were invited into the salon for an assessment.

I must remind you and stress that NO fee was taken for the work incurred as a gesture of good will.

In consideration you were not happy because Posh Paws put the health and wellbeing of your dog above the finished appearance desired by yourself.

As a member of the Pet Care Federation I feel I followed the correct procedures outlined in the Animal Welfare Act.

For data protection purposes records are kept for 7 years, and copies of the signed agreement are availoable4 on request.

All comments are taken and if you were able to speak to me about this matter without insulting my ability I would have been more than welcome to help.

Read 1 Comment

“Never,never take your dog here”

Written on: 06/11/2014 by Shly (2 reviews written)

Spick5's Response to Shly's Review

Written on: 09/10/2017

Hi
I am not surprised that you were not happy with this service. Dispite having to shave your dog previously for being too knotty to do anything safely with your boy, he came in like it again. Yes you couldn't brush him but we can't hurt him either.
You didn't have to come back and rescue him , I phoned you and asked you to come and have a look at his coat. After abusing me on the phone and telling me that I hadn't got a ******* clue what I was doing I put the phone down on you.
You turned up with an attitude and we tried to show you but you was having none of it. I told you to take him away.
Having said I'm only interested in the money. Why did I not charge you for the bath and what we had done to his coat to help you. You paid nothing. Then try to ruin my business.
I do like people to review but please tell everyone the truth.
Your really not being fair here and all we were doing was trying to help your boy.

Read 1 Comment

“I have just received the worst treatment from this...”

Written on: 09/02/2011 by kiwi caza (1 review written)

I have just received the worst treatment from this company. My father walked in and was bombarded with insults regarding our two cocker spaniel PUPPIES!! The only reason they might have misbehaved was if the groomer had done something to them!!! I would not recommend the company "POSH PAWS" to anyone!! I think the lady was rude and ignorant!! and my lovely boys couldn't get out of there quick enough!! DO NOT USE POSH PAWS IN GRANTHAM!!!!!!!!!! I had to 1 star in each of the above questions! I… Read Full Review