Circus Of Horrors Reviews

2.2

Circus Of Horrors - Ask a question now

“Amazing ”

written by Paulthedemon on 26/04/2024

Live band playing rock music for acts to perform to sinetster back story with a good mix a comedy thorn in wall reqamended and woth every penny

“weird and wonderful cabaret! ”

written by 352Reese on 02/03/2024

First off this was a Christmas present from my sister in law, so I didn’t pay for my ticket. I’m surprised at all the negative reviews, given the the number of people who are in the audiences it I wouldn’t read too much into 20 odd people who largely seem to have an issue with human nudity. I think these people didn’t really know what they were about to see. I’d not been to anything like this before, but it was absolutely incredible watching some of the things these people can do, they were super talented and at times you’d just be in awe of the sights in front of you. The singer has a great voice, and baby lame carries the time between other acts well. If you enjoy the bizarre, weird and wonderful! you’ll enjoy this show! They’ve got some amazing talented people! Yeah I guess some of it was sexualised but it’s not like that isn’t made clear from the website or the fact it’s the Caberet of horrors.

“Such a shame not as good as it use to be”

written by Macie326 on 26/02/2024

I think this show has gone off the boil since the demise of Dr Haze. It is now repetitive and just not very good circus acts. If you are going to keep up the original format where are the real horrors of old. It was once called an amazing travelling freak show now it is more like a travelling acrobat show with gratuitous topless women which is not required. Very sad I had seen this show twice before and loved it so really wanted to see it again when I was in Great Yarmouth but was very disappointed and bored. Give it up if the format is not the same

“Absolutely disgusting ”

written by Jadore4 on 18/02/2024

Absolutely disgusting. I thought these kind of things you could only see in private rooms under invitations for satan worshipers. A whole thing had screens running in background with all of the satanic symbols. Acts had burning upside down crosses. Half of the people don’t even know this, yet clapped along to the singer who’s words no one seem to be able to understand, only some words like “demons” and “come along”... some acts were good but all stuff in the background and the singer just made it all utterly disgusting. Stags, sculls, crosses, satanic symbolism, devils heads, constant swearing and jokes about dicks and shags. I will complain as non of this was in description.

“Bad”

written by Cathycool on 15/02/2024

Went tonight in Liverpool have wanted to see for years sadly disappointing very bored repetitive acts girl couldn't sing couldn't understand her bit mish mash throughout Compare awful twins were only decent act heard few people complaining on the way out could have been amazing some decent rock songs we knew 20 minutes late as technical issues at start very amauratish

“Worst show ever ”

written by qjKelleher316 on 15/02/2024

Poorly coreagraphed, ridiculous compere, pointless nudity, performers that looked bored, mediocre acts, rubbish music,left half way through out of boredom and embarrassment for the performers. Waste of money, don't bother going unless you have money to throw away.

“Not worth wasting your money”

written by Norahi271 on 15/02/2024

The show in Stevenage was amateurish. I was embarrassed for the performers. So repetitive, the singer was awful. Couldn't make out what she was singing but she was in pretty much every scene. We only stayed as we had paid and it was like a morbid fascination that it couldn't get worse. Oh it did! People rpund us left. It was certainly horror, just not what we expected or I assume what they were going for. Worse drag act ever. Old fashioned humour with topless girls for no reason. No atmosphere.

“Shocked and surprised. ”

written by Marniethedog on 01/02/2024

I was completely surprised and thrilled last night at Buxton Opera House when we went to see the Cabaret of curiosities. We had bought tickets before reading any other reviews and so decided to go with open minds and were very pleased we did.First I wouldn't recommend the show for youngsters, the Ring master doesn't hold back on very fruity language,however we are people of the world and not upset or offended at all.The performers were all very skilled at their crafts and easily competed with Cirque soleil. Parts of the show were a little grisly but surely that's what makes it the Circus of horrors. Audience participation was a part of the show and everyone seemed to enter into it with great aplomb. The musicians and Singer worked very hard keeping up a heavy rock theme to the show.Lighting and effects only added,and overall a true spectacle which was unlike anything else we have ever seen.I would recommend this show, regardless of previous reviews. The 2 young ladies who played numerous parts were very good but I didn't really get when the show opened why 1 of them had to be top less. Still, go and see for yourself, you'll be glad you did.

“Buxton opera house Was disappointed sadly , repetitive...”

written by LarryAllison384 on 01/02/2024

Buxton opera house Was disappointed sadly , repetitive banging music all the way through (I actually left with a headache ) I’m not prude but no need for the women to ripped of her top and run around bouncing her breasts at the beginning! It really was like a leather clad show. Not much talent , the sword guy looked good but so repetitive . Lots of mistakes from dropping things etc. Siamese twins were amazing ! Now that’s a circus act ! There really was not much circus at all. Quite a few people walked after the first half . Sorry to say but repetitive, boring.

“Not worth seeing”

written by TomThumbs on 20/01/2024

The show in Bournemouth was amateurish with sub standard performances. It is a bit like it is stuck in the 70s with topless girls wandering around and the worst drag act I have ever seen as a compere. Some people seemed to love it but not for me

“Boring”

written by Megan107 on 25/09/2023

I absolutely love the circus and had heard so many good things about CoH, so when I saw it was going to be at the Gt Yarmouth Hippodrome I booked tickets. It was an adults only evening performance yet there were at least 3 kids who looked very young. Not that it mattered because what a snooze fest it was! Nothing scary, nothing thrilling. I was expecting to be really impressed and hiding my eyes, but we were both quite bored. Very disappointing. Not all bad, but not that great.

“Worst night out ”

written by LayneWarren348 on 02/04/2023

Went to see the circus of horror for the first time had been looking forward to seeing it but what a let down total waste of money felt like I had been tricked, the whole thing was utter rubbish at the start of the show some female singer came on who couldn’t sing didn’t understand a word she was singing then there was sword swallowing from some guy which was a bit repetitive fire eating hoopla hoop act it was all very confusing the famous dr haze was just an hologram one young lady climbed out of a jar topless what that was about is anyones guess the whole thing is absolutely rubbish don’t waste your time or money.

“Worst show ever 2023 Swansea”

written by Horror1show on 27/03/2023

I have been to see Circus of Horrors 4 time in Swansea but unfortunately it was my last, utter rubbish, no live band, no Dr Haze, singer who couldnt sing and repeated sword swallowing. Please Dr Haze sort your act out or ship out! Your previous shows were amazing but this time utter rubbish

“Amazing Performance In Hull ”

written by Smithy1993 on 02/03/2023

Amazing performance last night keeping you at the edge of your seat was confused about the ring master on screens rather than in person but not sure if maybe they did that if he wasn’t well but hey ho absolutely loved it great work guys defiantly recommend. Fire, sword swallowing, acrobatic performers and gore love it!!

“Font waste money”

written by Lake22 on 22/01/2023

Third time of seeing this show This time it was repetive, mainly fire eating and sword swallowing. Young ladies taking off top layers until for no reason I can think of run across the stage topless.Ringmaster in hologram was awful no atmosphere no boot of except ftom feeling tricking off. The whole cast seem to be improvising the order of the show.

“Don't waste your money ”

written by Elliottv308 on 08/02/2020

Went to the Sheffield City Hall to watch the show tonight. Firstly, the show didn't have the edge of your seat action and comedy that the write up blurb promised. The 'ring master' for the want of a better discription, was no Greatest Showman. His rock singing almost made my ears bleed and that was the true horror of it! The acrobats, rope acts and contortionist were all very skilled at their crafts but the repetitive rock track background music detracted from the acts. There was also unnecessary and rather vile nudity and no apparent storyline. We left after the first act was over as did quite a few others. Leaving the city hall emptier than it already was. Our party of four left feeling mislead and robbed. Not the night out we were hoping for.

“Tasteless and Amateurish”

written by efGallagher415 on 27/01/2020

Wish we'd read some of these reviews before we booked. It seems as if they've been churning out the same stuff (I hesitate to use the term 'performance') for years. We almost left at the interval, but - like other reviewers - hoped it would get better. It got worse. One of the low spots (and there were so many) was the short person dragging a Henry round by his appendage. Apparently he's been doing this since at least 2014. Another was someone in a large blow up marshmallow man type costume dancing on his huge red - you've guessed it! We sat through indifferent hoola hoop and trapeze skills, bored looking gyrating scantily clad girls, tedious acrobatic acts with repetitive routines that appeared THREE times - the only change being different costumes. We've seen better fire eating tricks in street theatre. The whole show was crude and amateurish. The two of us left feeling we'd been cheated out of our hard earned £50.

“Don’t bother. Waste of evening and money. Same old”

written by Charity215 on 24/01/2020

3rd time going to see them. They are deteriorating badly. Same old. Seeing for the first time is great. seen once You’ve see it all. Not worth the money or time

“Dull, Dull, Dull”

written by marymagdelaine on 21/01/2020

Booked this as a Christmas present for my partner to see in Bath , luckily only through Groupon , so go it cheap … The rock band was SOOO loud and singer was dull and could not hold a note . The acts themselves were mixed, some good and some dreadful - do we really want to see a midget bearing all ??. Quite a few members of the audience left at the half time interval and we left not long after that , hoping it would get better , sadly not !

“Disappointing puerile drivel”

written by NolanPotter377 on 31/03/2017

What a shame. A great opportunity to do something different but the puerile use of four letter words at the start which prompted giggling fro the immature members of the audience, and incomprehensible shouting to "music" meant we left before the interval. Both of us are broadminded but it was a pathetic opening which drove us to leave after a few minutes. Some left before us and apparently many more didn't return after the interval. A cup of coffee was infinitely preferable. Self indulgent and childish, four letter words used for effect rather than any real contribution. The cast will have to improve their show if they expect it to last much longer. A bit more information in the show's flyer might have saved us a considerable expense.