Plates For Cars Reviews - www.platesforcars.co.uk

Plates For Cars - www.platesforcars.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Plates For Cars - www.platesforcars.co.uk

Plates For Cars - www.platesforcars.co.uk

“Avoid ZERO customer service and poor product”

Written on: 21/05/2018 by Mapesyo (4 reviews written)

Avoid ZERO customer service and poor product. ordered a set of Gel resin plates digit fell off within a week of being on my car. Company firstly tried to blame it on me for drilling through the number, sent them a photo proving that was not the case they then advised its because i drilled "Close" to the number. followed the instructions on their website to the letter no where does it state you cannot drill "Close" to a digit customer service have now decided to just ignore me i don't think its unreasonable to expect a replacement plate considering the amount they charged for the shoddy product

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Terrible customer service and delivery is a joke”

Written on: 09/03/2018 by Rocket99 (1 review written)

Terrible service, beware their online system is terrible, I queried a order a week before they actually posted it and they refused to check as the plates were wrong on the invoice.. blamed me although o am sure I know my plate better than them.. I would steer clear and I have seen many reviews like this.. please share as not to allow fellow car enthusiasts the same mistake ... My credit card said they have put terms and consisting that allows them to act in this way .. Worst service ever.. First bad company review I’ve ever had to do

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Disgusting Customer Service ”

Written on: 23/02/2018 by Russwcsims (1 review written)

Disgusting customer service. Plates delivered damaged.. company only interested in replacing the plates despite you deciding to go elsewhere (naturally!).... End result company accusing me (the customer!) of damaging the plates myself!!!! Really would avoid these people.

“Avoid At All Cost”

Written on: 08/10/2017 by LordJonnyMac (2 reviews written)

License plate started to detach and when I emailed them about it, they replied saying that they wouldn't replace it because it was drilled. I am very disappointed with their services! On their website does not say anything about your warranty not covering plates that have been drilled. It only says that you offer a 12 month guarantee which ensures peace of mind and that they do not recommend drilling but nothing about warranty being voided. It is so misleading. I deeply regret recommending their site to my neighbours and people I know. I will never recommend their services to anyone else ever again

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“All Properly Served Up On A Plate”

Written on: 02/12/2016 by MaxLucasStone (1 review written)

Needing replacement plates I chose this site as being easy to navigate and fully informative. I wanted the registration on my new Porsche to look clear, non fussy and carefully centred. The Gel Resin plates I selected are absolutely perfect.Plates For Cars may not offer a telephone contact number but they were incredibly prompt in our email exchanges.Helpful beyond any expectation they guided me to exactly what I wanted to achieve.

“Brilliant”

Written on: 28/10/2016 by Aatz (2 reviews written)

Make sure you order from these guys. I ordered some plates which came damaged because of the post. I emailed these guys and straight away the person I dealt with got back to me and advised that he would send some new plates. The next day i got my plates. Brilliant customer service, good quality plates, will order again off these guys.

“Excellent”

Written on: 31/03/2016 by blakey_ford (1 review written)

Paid for a gel set, quality is excellent, they missed fixings off the order by mistake but sent some out next day, plates are good value for money, postage maybe a little high, but they arrived next day. Would reccomend.

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Poor communication, plates printed incorrectly.”

Written on: 01/03/2016

I asked for some custom spacing which they said was no problem. Throughout the process the email communication has been painfully slow, there is no phone number given and despite offering my mobile they can't/won't phone. The plates have finally turned-up.......they're wrong. Raising a query seems pointless. I looks like will have to raise a dispute with the bank in order to get my money back. They may be OK for regular plates but avoid if you want a custom numberplate/showplate - there are plenty of people out there who can do it as cheap and who will hopefully value your business. I cannot recommend this company and would go so far as to suggest you avoid them.

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“APPALLING SERVICE - KEEP WELL AWAY FROM THEM.”

Written on: 24/02/2016 by LetMeOutOfHere (2 reviews written)

PLATES FOR CARS or PLATES4CARS (DUBLIN) YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! The Web page looks great and it makes out like the company is a huge operation. Check out the address on Google Street View and it is nowhere to be seen. WHAT LEADING COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE A CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER? They state on the "about link" on the website that they have "become recognised as Europe's leading number plate supplier. We supply number plates throughout the world" They had not even heard of a Jaguar XF Sportbrake! After explaining exactly what I wanted, they sent me the wrong rear plate for my jag. They would not replace it and blamed me. I asked for a contact phone number which they refused. The only contact is through e-mail. My e-mails developed into a personal fight with their sales and complaints staff and got really nasty. After reading the reviews here, I realise now that I was wrong to apologize to them. It is obviously a tiny wee operation. the contact e-mails probably all go to the same nasty ignorant person.

955I's Response to LetMeOutOfHere's Review

Written on: 01/03/2016

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID......I agree.

Communication is appalling. It looks like I will have to lodge a dispute with my bank to recover my money.

Letmeoutofhere's reply to 955I's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2016

Absolutely spot on! Go for it!

Markgbloke's Response to LetMeOutOfHere's Review

Written on: 01/04/2016

They are rip off merchants what goes around comes around!

Letmeoutofhere's reply to Markgbloke's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2016

The more people that complain about them the better!

Read 4 Comments

“Appauling, Truly Appauling you have been warned”

Written on: 20/08/2015 by Emery117 (1 review written)

I wish I had read these reviews before I purchased some plates although it does appear that there are many of the reviews that are too obviously written by members of the company. The ASA too has had cause to become involved in a case which. Keep clear, order from Ebay who at least can offer a comeback on purchases. Try Halfords or your local motor accessory store you can see them being made and usually by a caring member of staff.

Markgbloke's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2015

Yes I agree they are bad I had a set of gel plates which were all out of line,I complained to them via email (no contact number very suspect) they didn't want to know,they even tried to threaten me into taking my review off here!!! However review centre said they could understand why I was upset and refused to take it off,ha take that you rip off merchants

Read 1 Comment

“Good plates but RUBBISH SERVICE ”

Written on: 31/07/2015 by ElliottMorris (1 review written)

I bought some plates which were fine. I asked in good time for next day special delivery and paid £9.99p. They were two days late. Plates for cars for some reason will not refund me my postage. They offer the delivery service so the buck stops with them and not Royal Mail. They should issue the refund to the customer then claim it back. I have been chasing this refund for a month now and keep getting fobbed off. I have contacted Royal Mail and they said it should NOT take this long to get sorted out. They are just hoping I will go away. If you (Plates for cars) have any sense of decency or consiance, please issue my refund. Then I will go away..

Muzzer31's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2017

Same thing happened to me. NOT NEXT DAY.

“misleading website”

Written on: 30/07/2015 by Clivedunn (1 review written)

Next day delivery does not mean next day if after 1pm. Staff rude and arrogant. Do not use this company !

Markgbloke's Response to Clivedunn's Review

Written on: 03/08/2015

Yeah they suck and the plates they claim are road legal Aren't at all

Read 1 Comment

“Useless company very rude staff”

Written on: 24/07/2015 by Sarahjane1332 (1 review written)

bought some plates off these jokers last week,as another customer wrote I had an issue with the gel plates as the numbers and letters did not line up it looked as though they had been placed by hand not machine,after emailing so called "customer service" they accused me of tampering with the plates!!!!! What a joke,I ordered some replacements from demonplates.com and they were in a different league,really professional asked for proof of my documents (plates for cars never asked for these and I have found out it is a legal requirement to do so), plates looked so much better and the quality is superb,my advice steer clear of plates for cars unless you like wasting money and time.

Markgbloke's Response to Sarahjane1332's Review

Written on: 24/07/2015

Yes I agree they don't even have a phone number very suspect,they hide out in potato land and blame you for thier incompetent mistakes

Markgbloke's reply to Markgbloke's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2015

After some digging it appears this is a one man outfit working out of a caravan in a potato field,he also advertises for tarmacing drives,seriously would u trust them????!

Read 2 Comments

“Apalling quality of plates”

Written on: 14/07/2015 by AllyMcCaffrey (1 review written)

Ordered a set of 3d gel plates for my car at £50.00 plus a high charge for next day delivery,when they arrived the numbers were out of line with each other,contacted by email as no phone number (wonder why) was given some story about tolerance of the print etc etc,all taking me on a merry dance to get of replacing them,in the end they said they were unwilling to rectify the problem so I would certainly not recommend these amateurs I could have bought some plates and letters and got my 4 year old to stick them on straighter

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Rubbish company - do not deal with”

Written on: 21/05/2015 by jagdeeprattu (1 review written)

Ordered some plates after emailing them telling me exactly how i want them. When they arrived i realised they were made wrong. Sent them pictures of what was wrong, they acknowledged they were at fault and promised to send replacements. Replacements never arrived and i didn't get a refund either. No replies received to further emails, they are a bunch of idiots. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. i am now £36 down. platesforcars.co.uk

Markgbloke's Response to jagdeeprattu's Review

Written on: 24/07/2015

Could not agree more,they ripped me off for shoddy out of line plates,when I emailed them they suggested it was my bmw surrounds !! Yes I'm sure Bmw with a reputation for quality and massive volume car sales are in the wrong!!!!!! Not a two bit so called number plate company who take your money then get untrained workers to throw together some numbers and letters on a rubbish quality plastic piece of rubbish.I am in the process of alerting trading standards to their rip off watch this space

Read 1 Comment

“Fast delivery and good quality. ”

Written on: 10/05/2015 by EdgarTrujillo (1 review written)

No problems and good communication.

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Review of Plates For Cars ”

Written on: 22/10/2014 by Finley77 (1 review written)

I had just went onto a site  I found a rare collectors plate called G2 for a price of AUS$350,000. I have the same plate here in UK on my Bentley. It's amazing how the prices are still similar in value here in UK... I guess I am hanging onto my plate for as long as I can....

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Quick delivery, quality is top class!”

Written on: 12/10/2014 by davehenderson (2 reviews written)

Love my new plates, bought them thursday morning and they were with me on friday morning, fitted yesterday and very happy. Website is great, service easy to use, will use again only mistake i forgot to order fixings so had to go to local halfords...thanks platesforcars!!! Regards, Dave.

“Excellent”

Written on: 01/10/2014 by Aatz (2 reviews written)

Ordered number plates and got them delivered on the day as advised. Brilliant service! Emails replied to straight away. Further sticky pads sent out to myself! Plates are brilliant quality. Would definately order from them again. Thanks Aatish

“Quality and Trustworthy”

Written on: 14/08/2014 by GMarcus (1 review written)

Plates are very high quality, quick delivery, customer service is good, fixings are not included but cheap to buy in checkout process, designer is simple to use and offers lots of options, would recommend to anyone. Thanks Plates for Cars!!! Regards. Graham

Willowrun's Response to GMarcus's Review

Written on: 21/08/2014

I didn't receive my plate can't trust this review.

Buy Products