Eharmony UK www.eharmony.co.uk

Eharmony UK www.eharmony.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Eharmony UK www.eharmony.co.uk

“Avoid”

written by Jabarip1960 on 22/05/2024

I used eharmony for 2 hours at the most and found it rather useless. There were no suitable matches. i joined eharmony and paid for the premium as your website stated there was a cooling off period of 14 days. After signing up/paying the subscription I was made aware there was an additional cost for paying monthly. This in itself wasn’t all I found out. You then charge £65 if cancelled within the advertised ‘cooling off period’ for a personality profile. I did not sign up to buy a personality profile. There was no mention of cost when I filled out a questionnaire. Eharmony has now not only not refunded me the original cost but has taken more money from my account. I have disputed this with my bank. If I had previous to signing up, read your reviews, I would have avoided visiting your website.

“ONE DAY MEMBERSHIP...PAID £65 FOR IT!”

written by eyFernandez1972 on 25/02/2023

I joined the premium service, or should i say my friend did, but i allowed my bank card to be used. After i thought they would charge me monthly, they took out £208. I complained and they then changed it to £65, for doing a personality profile!!! Somethign should be done abot this company. They are simply shark.

“Can't wait for this to go to court”

written by Gareth-Hopkinson on 31/12/2022

Business model dated now, given Bumble, Tinder etc. Met someone on former, hence no longer needed membership for this. Forgot to cancel it so it auto renewed, emailed explaining this was an error on my part. They had no interest, just happy to profit from unexpected auto renewals, rather than providing a service people want to subscribe to. Did admit my error though, resigned to accept my fate, at least they assured it would no longer auto renew. The problem is, it did. Despite the written promise, they dipped their fingers into my account, and had no interest in the fact they they had given written assurance their would be no more auto renewing.

Beckyuk's Response to Gareth-Hopkinson's Review

Written on: 25/02/2023

did it go to court? i am thinking about oing the same thing

“This service may only work if you live in a large city...”

written by Kaizer45 on 17/01/2022

This service may only work if you live in a large city or densely populated area. For us that live outside the city, it is worthless and ridiculously expensive. I had only 2 matches relatively close to me, the rest were anywhere from 3 to 5 hours away. Just imagine, driving 10 hours to date someone. I would probably recommend Tinder or HookupHangout

“100's of fake profiles”

written by dfferent on 24/08/2021

Had a couple of days in 2020 but in 2021 I've noticed a big change in the profiles and they are now obviously short of real profiles and adding gonna of fakes to make up for it. Don't bother spending money on this site.

“Awful - Avoid”

written by GinaHolt290 on 25/02/2021

Avoid them like the plague. Bad IT, distances inaccurate, will fleece you £65 for your personal report even if you are in 14 day cooling off period. Bunch of idiots at customer service

“It's blatant corruption! Try J4Dating.com instead of....”

written by Floyd228 on 04/01/2021

The low quality of this "service" is truly shocking, especially if you compare it to European sites, like J4Dating.com where it goes without saying that you will have at least couple of dates, because there is just enough choice for everyone. Eharmony team couldn't care less about integrity of their site. They don't care if they lose all their real members. They use bots and sexy but fake photos to make you interested and then they just keep charging you according to their hidden terms and conditions with plenty of undisclosed fees.

“Rubbish rubbish site!!!!”

written by Putnambt386 on 26/10/2020

It doesn't worth even a half star. I had same experience as other people on here when I canceled after a few days when I realised they had hardly any matches for me and most of them with no photos. Some even no name. "No Entry" Rubbish rubbish site!!!!

“Expensive mistake ”

written by jfYoung20 on 21/08/2020

Please avoid this dating site! I wish I had searched for unbiased reviews before I signed up and parted with money. It's a deceptive sign up. You sign up and go through a series of questions before you can create your profile. Once signed up I found that the majority of matches did not even have profile pictures and were inactive. I cancelled after 2 days and was charged £65 for the questionaire! which they refer to as 'value compensation' They refuse to refund it. So I paid £65 for two days on the site. Look at other unbiased reviews, this is a repeating complaint from many others.

Beckyuk's Comment

Written on: 25/02/2023

the same happened to me. something should eb done about them, its basically sham!

“shoddy customer service, impossible to cancel account ”

written by puRogers1955 on 10/03/2019

during the entire period pf having the account it was inaccesible. To recover the account they send a recovery account to you junk email for some peculiar reason all well and good if the account is still active. Customer service tem were awful and not helpful in anyway. Wouldn't dream of recommending this service to anyone. Cancelling an account is like finding the holy grail.

“Worst site ever! ”

written by on 12/08/2018

I agree with all the other reviewers. They draw you in with fake information and then let you down. They must have about 5 each of male and female on their database and just move them around. I got told to expand my settings to countrywide but then get a supposed match from Glasgow which is in a different country! We enter mileage and distance parameters for a reason. I am not sure what can be done to stop this site from ripping people off. It is frustrating and soul destroying especially when you dont receive anything for days. That can't be right. I hope they go under soon as they deserve to.

“Worst dating site”

written by Serrano85 on 01/07/2017

I had hundreds of supposed matches but I never met any one I never even had a reply to any contact. I think they just give you the details of the people who register for the free weekend but never join. Don't waste your time or money on this site it RUBBISH!!!!

“Empty and useless ”

written by on 23/04/2017

Don't put a radius less than 60 miles or age range less than 20 years or very few profiles will arise. Even being in Nottingham I mostly got 'matches' in London, Norwich, Newcastle etc. some aged 32 and some aged 58! And even the very few profiles that did look real never replied. After 3 months only 6 bland messages arrived. You cannot search. You have to wait and wait and wait for whatever is suggested to you. Probably because a search engine would reveal the pathetic quota available. Don't waste your time and money. Only use a site with 'search' facilities. Wish I had known that.

“Terrible Site”

written by McDonaldbe397 on 17/04/2017

Terrible site, don't do it! The initial questionnaire is fun and easy but really I only wanted to check the website out, not create a profile... So I ended up joining for 3 months. It was awful, lots of technical problems, my messages got lost or vanished several times, I was never emailed when people sent me messages even though I had opted for this, I got emailed when people hadn't sent me messages! I got so frustrated I gave up using it... I tried to complain at the beginning, but all that happened was that I was told they needed to reset my password, which caused another few days of technical confusion. Also, despite saying I wanted to meet someone in a certain age range and within a reasonable distance of me, I was constantly bombarded with so called 'compatible matches' considerably older than me and many hours away! It's a very, very frustrating site, please choose something else.

“Waste of time”

written by NathenPerez on 07/04/2017

I have been on the site for 3 years and never been on a single date. I have been on other sites too and have had many dates and few relationships also. Complete waste of money.

“worst dating site I have ever used”

written by Brewer294 on 03/04/2017

Joined eharmony with high expectations I never met anyone. I never got a reply from anyone I was matched with. It seems people who sign up up for the free weekend but never actually join are matched to the people who do join no wonder I didn't get any replies.

“Lots of gumph, little substance”

written by Nnandat on 23/02/2017

I signed up for three months to eHarmony in the hope of finding some new people to connect to near to me. eHarmony claims to be different from other dating sites via its well-known 'scientific' approach to finding 'compatible' matches. However, having seen how light years off the mark it regularly is, I suspect this approach is more of extortionary sabotage than science. By constantly sending a person wrong matches, it lulls one into false hope of eventually finding somebody desirable, so one keeps extending their membership and ultimately fritters away money to the company. Essentially, it's the case of either the matches are too far away – despite your specifying a certain mile radius [I even had someone from Queensland, Australia in the 'What If?' section!] – or they have no bearing on one's settings criteria. eHarmony encourages one to relax settings in order to get more profiles but this contradicts the whole point of having specifications in the first place. It seems to think that 'Somewhat Important' and 'Not Important' are interchangeable, so sends all and sundry. If that isn't bad enough, a majority of the matches are either no longer on the site or on free accounts, so it's futile trying to message them. Overall, I only managed to connect to two people during my time on it and they turned out to be evasive timewasters [one didn't bother contacting unless I did, while the other was a king of one-line texts that refused to speak over the phone]. I was hoping eHarmony would be a site with serious people wanting to make friendships but I've been left heavily disillusioned by my experience. I know that there have been stories of people having found the loves of their lives on there but I'm intrigued to know the percentage of such success stories. Either way, I won't be revisiting the site.

“Complete rip off and a waste of time!!! ”

written by Staceybgreen on 15/02/2017

E Harmony is a complete waste of money and do not sign up. In my 14 days to trial got plenty of matches sent but all lived too far away, when call the customer support team they advised to change my settings and my matches seemed better so I agreed to continue with the 3 months I had paid for. What a mistake, since then I get 1 match a day if I'm lucky and the "what if" section is blank. So chances of meeting someone is pretty much non existent. Considering I live in London I find it very hard to believe there are no potential matches when I live in the biggest city in the UK. Complete rip off biggest waste of money spent and shouldn't be allowed.

“Deflated and disappointed with Eharmony ”

written by on 01/02/2017

Been using this site for a year my first meet up must have been fake as he stood me up a man should never let a young woman stand on her own for 30 mins to not turn up! second had 7 dates then left after he got what he wanted. Third one yet another 6 dates but left when I didn't give him what he wanted. fourth lied after the first date and blocked me for no reason so obviously we weren't compatible! And just ended 4 long weeks with another that just strung me along for 2 weeks after our first date lied etc and complained he spent lots on his subcription so me being his first experience of the year he wasn't serious about me. I'm now getting fed up as this is proving to be an expensive version of tinder or POF with guys that just mess you around. Thought maybe paying for a site would make guys treat woman with respect but Ive not seen it. If your looking for a SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP don't bother with this site!!

Nnandat's Comment

Written on: 23/02/2017

I can wholly empathise with this. I only managed to connect to two people but none of them were interested in getting to know me, let alone meet me. Thankfully, I used both times I'd planned to meet either of them to see other friends but it's the general time-wasting, apathy and disinterest that severely rue me. Why bother paying for what is generally a hefty subscription just to play games and string people along? One can do that outside.

“Mis selling”

written by happynewyearxx on 04/01/2017

DO NOT FALL FOR THE FREE TRIAL. ITS PATHETIC, JUST A DATA CAPTURE ploy YOU ENTRE YOUR DETAILS, CANT CONTACT MEMBERS, CANT READ OR SEND MESSAGES. YOU GET HARASSED AND PRESSURED INTO SUBSCRIPTION. THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE LEGALLY CHALLENGED FOR MIS SELLING, MIS LEADING. ITS TOTALLY PATHETIC SITE. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AND STAY WELL CLEAR