Skiline - www.skiline.co.uk Reviews

Skiline - www.skiline.co.uk
4.2

Skiline - www.skiline.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Skiline - www.skiline.co.uk

“just back from Ski Lines end of season ski trip”

written by MakenzieShepherd66 on 22/04/2016

Ive been on several of Ski Lines end of season ski trip and this one was the best, There was 150 skiers on the trip, most of us from around the Beckenham area. The hotel in La Plagne was great and as far as value for money was concerned it was wonderful. I cant wait for next years trip, thanks to Skiline and the team who made our April skiing so enjoyable

“Mis-sold package followed by terrible customer service”

written by Anon999999 on 03/02/2016

We stayed at La Savoie at Val D'siere. However, we were mis-sold the package by the person I dealt with at Ski line. The package was sold to us as a 5* hotel and given the name La Savoie chalet hotel & spa we did not question it. Over the phone, it was always represented to us that we were booking a 5* hotel with breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner included. At no point did he explain that there was a difference between hotel vs chalet hotel and in fact only upon arrival did the manager explain to us that la savoie was recently taken over by Ski Total and was run as a chalet. the person I dealt with did not inform us that we would only receive dinner on 6 out of the 7 nights we were staying and that mid week the room would not be cleaned. When we questioned it, he became aggressive and unprofessional, telling us that if we did not know what "chalet hotel" accommodation meant, then we should've asked him or looked at the website (i can confirm that the website link he sent us did not include any information about catering or anything else much, hence the site was useless). The manager at La Savoie also spoke to him to try to rectify the situation and make our stay as pleasant as possible. She later informed us that he was extremely rude to her on the phone. After we complained via email, we received a nasty response from his boss, accusing us of describing him like a 'villain' (we personally thought that was a bit dramatic and childish, as we would never use language like that...). The reason for his boss' reaction was because I made a complaint that he had mislead us on the ski hire and hence why we had lost faith in Ski-line. One week before our trip I had emailed ski-line to enquire about the in-house ski hire situated inside the hotel/chalet. My email was subsequently forwarded to him. He then proceeded to respond to my friend - the booking leader - with details of Skiset which was another ski shop 5 mins walk away from the hotel/chalet- claiming to my friend that this was the information I had requested - but making no mention of my actual request for details of the in-house ski shop. When my friend forwarded me the email I immediately called him up to clarify. Only upon some persisting from my side did he finally agree to contact the hotel/chalet. The in-house ski shop turned out to be cheaper with brand new equipment. What could've been a fantastic trip from start to finish was ruined by an unprofessional salesman. Please book with another company if you want a pleasant experience when booking a holiday. On a side note, i can confirm that the ski rep and all staff at La Savoie were very helpful and nice. If only everybody could act with that level of professionalism...

Anguskinloch's Response to Anon999999's Review

Written on: 05/05/2016

I was disappointed to read your review, particularly after my email to you on the 26th January. As you know the negotiations for this holiday booking were made with your friend and not you personally.

The sales person who handled the enquiry has worked at Ski Line for 14 years and had previously worked with one of our competitors for many years before joining our team. His vast experience of the ski market has not gone un-noticed by the many clients who ask for him by name. Never in his time working at Ski Line has anyone reported he that he has been rude, that’s simply not in his nature.

When your friend contacted us looking for a skiing holiday, she explained to us the kind of holidays she wanted, we understood that you had previously used Club Med, but were not happy with its location in Val d’Isere and wanted a good quality hotel in central Val d’Isere. Our sales person listened carefully, make notes and made a few recommendations too, before coming back with a choice of suitable and available options.

One of the holidays that we proposed was the Chalet Hotel Le Savoie, as our sales person had just returned from seeing the property and was able to answer all of your friend’s questions.

It is difficult for our sales team to cover every aspect of the many skiing holidays we offer in a phone call. Particularly as he will have discussed several different hotels and chalets in that call.

Some of our clients ask lots of detailed questions, while others only want to know the basics. For this reason we make it very clear on our web site what is and what isn’t included in each of our holidays.

You will recall I sent you a link in my email on the 26th January showing where on the web page it clearly stated that the board basis was “chalet board” and not as you had believed it to be, half board. This was also detailed in the confirmation invoice that was sent at the time of booking and again in the invoice from Ski Total that was sent a few days after the holiday was confirmed. Perhaps if the documentation we had sent had been studied, this misunderstanding would have been avoided.

I understand that we had never issued you with our Ski Set voucher as Inghams had a special offer you had taken advantage of from their in-house ski rental which I believe you had booked. While I agree your friend was offered ski rental with our partners Ski Set, when we discovered Ski Total had a special offer this was offered as a cheaper solution.

It’s always a huge disappointment for everyone working at Ski Line when a client has cause to complain. However in this instance I believe this is could have been avoided if the website, links, and documentation had been read.

Angus Kinloch
Managing Director
Ski Line Limited

“Chalet Ice - Purple Piste - Morzine”

written by Gerardwindsurf1 on 17/03/2014

Everything went as planned - smooth transfer booked via Ski Line - nice clean smart chalet. Good staff, excellent food evenings and breakfast as well. Owners helpful and interested in whether you had a good holiday. Ski in - walk out would be a better description but it's only a short distance to the lifts so it didn't matter to me. Very good holiday - would use Ski Line again.

“Lies and deceit aplenty ski line ”

written by on 24/02/2014

We booked our holiday through ski line and couldn't believe the deal . Well as the say if it looks too good to be true it is ! The advisor at ski line was friendly and seemed thoroughly pleasant whilst booking even sending emails to confirm all we agreed on. When paying they have to call you after payment is taken as they are confirming with flights and your companies etc and when it came back under I was surprised but she assured me it was just varying rates euros and resorts etc . When the itinerary didn't show any of the extras I called them and was assured yes it's all there but Ski world don't list it ! This was a lie so after 14 hours travelling with three girls under 11 we awoke on the first day of our holiday to not having equipment hire or passes and when we phoned ski line were met with total dis interest and denial , to the point I was too upset to talk and my husband (a customer service expert) asked if it was possible to speak with someone higher up. The managing director of this company provided to shout at my husband on the phone "I'm ain't paying for your stupid holiday so get on with it !" I will point out all we had been asking was if we could sort out the children's ski hire and school as other wise the whole holiday was pointless ! Luckily our ski world rep stepped in and was able to organise our equipment hire and ensure we got back on track we would never use this company again and have forwarded all our records of our dealing on to watchdog

Anguskinloch's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2014

"The services provided and paid for were clearly itemised on our booking summary, with the prices being in line with those listed in email correspondence. Ski hire and lift passes were not shown and whilst prices were provided during our earlier discussions it is not unusual for clients to arrange such services in resort. The children’s ski lessons were, however, arranged at the time of booking in view of the limited availability and this would have been a specific request. It is perhaps unfortunate that the booking summary was not checked, as requested in our documentation, especially as you “couldn’t believe the deal” as this would have identified any misunderstanding. Indeed an earlier email, which clearly set out the cost of the various individual services available, should have enabled you to accurately determine the cost of your holiday prior to booking.

We are concerned about the comments regarding your conversation with us once the problem had been identified as we have never received a complaint of this nature since we commenced business almost 20 years ago. Our sales team are highly experienced, possess an in-depth knowledge of the ski market and aim to provide a high level of service and the percentage of clients returning year after year evidence their success. If clients do experience problems we always do our best to resolve matters as quickly as possible and believe the extract of the conversation specifically quoted in you review is inaccurate as no-one in our Company would speak to a client, or indeed anyone, in such a manner.

We appreciate that when holiday arrangements do not go according to plan it is a stressful experience and hope the difficulties experienced did not adversely affect the enjoyment of your holiday."

“Very pleased with our holiday. very thorough and...”

written by on 20/01/2014

Very pleased with our holiday. very thorough and efficient. all paperwork correct which is essentual for a no hassle holiday.

“Morzine 2014”

written by on 14/01/2014

Fiona was ace! Very helpful in finding what it was we wanted. The Chalet was next to the Nyon Cable which really helped with getting up on the Snow. We had a great deal and good follow up throughout. I will be looking here again in Apr and next year! Well done Skiline.

“Sarah didnt stop looking till she found what we wanted. ”

written by on 04/09/2013

I have just made a very complex ski holiday booking with Ski Line, I dealt with an advisor who couldn’t have been more helpful. My ski group of 22 have skied together since our University days, we are now in our late 40s and now live all over the UK. The sales manager at Ski Line, who clearly knows the ski market inside out and back to front and didn't stop searching for hotels to take our group... I’d recommend Ski line to any one booking a ski trip. I certainly didn't have the time (or the energy) to search as she did...

“Mayrahofen”

written by on 23/03/2013

Fantastic accommodation, chalet team were excellent, couldn't do enough for you. Food first class

“The best Ski Travel agent ever”

written by on 21/03/2013

My wife and I have been using Ski line for a number of years. It’s so refreshing to find a company where good old fashioned service is still offered. We have used several of the staff at Ski Line to book our holidays in recent years, Barbara, Mal, and Fiona all without exception have given us great unbiased holiday advise and we trust them to find us the best deals, flight times and tour operators. We wouldn’t dream of looking elsewhere now. I see that others have rated Ski Line highly too on this site.

“Excellent holiday hotel”

written by on 20/03/2013

We stayed at the Alte Post in Ellmau, nice room, great food, the only thing we could fault was that the hotel was very cold. The first half of the week, the radiator was not on in the room, then the weather turned colder and the radiator came on. The dining room was still very cold though. We could not sit in the lounge where the fire was, because they allowed smoking in there. Yeuch! Also the sauna was never on.

“petite marmotte courcheval 1650 part of la portetta hotel”

written by on 15/03/2013

we were truly dissapointed with the chalet its name petite was an understatement it was tiny especially the living area. the design was also poor, with a very large tv and very large wood burner stove bang smack in middle of room, totally too big for tiny room, tv should have been on wall out of way, The burner was dangwerously close to table and I unfortunately burnt my arm quite badly. As i tripped on flagstone that it was standing on when getting up form the table, the kitchen area was useless and also dangerous the workspace was almost non exsistent .however the bathroom space was massive in comparison which was ridiculous. The timber used caused me to get many splinters which was too painfull.It felt very closed and trapped in a small space with no windows to appreciate any view except front door which you had to keep curtain closed to have privacy, Boots and ski's had to be kept at back which did not provide heat for boots. We paid a lot of money for this chalet and felt it was totally over priced . we were given wine chocolate and fruit on arrival but this still did not make up for the inadequate space and the feeling of being closed in all the time

Anguskinloch's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

My name is Angus Kinloch, I'm the managing director of Ski Line I want to respond to this review.

I recall very well the complaint from our client about the size and layout of the Petite Marmotte. Indeed we worked with our client and the Hotel La Portetta to find a resolution. We also amended our description of this ”micro chalet” after listening to our clients concerns so now our web page for this chalet suggest it would be most suitable for a nanny who was travelling with a family who had booked into one of the larger unit based on her feedback.

However another couple who booked with us for their honeymoon rated the accommodation as 4* and published a review on our own Ski Line website. The Pettie Marmotte has also been awarded a 4* rating by the French National Prefecture in the “Top of the range with superior comfort” category. I believe La Portetta Hotel is still the only Hotel in the whole Courchevel valley to have been awarded this coveted status. Ski Line have always seen this small chalet as an upmarket “Love nest” for a couple wanting a discreet chalet for two. Chalets sleeping just two are very rare in the Alps. Try and find another!

We are of course disappointed when a client of ours doesn’t enjoy one of the holidays we have booked on their behalf, but we feel this review would have been better placed on a site such as Trip Advisor. This site reviews Ski Line’s service to our clients, so I have to admit my disappointment that our client should have chosen to place a poor review about Ski Line on The Review Centre when the issue was with the hotels accommodation and not the service levels she enjoyed from my team.

At Ski Line we take customer care very seriously, over 60% of our new clients each winter have been recommended to use Ski Line by family and friends and we are very proud of this statistic.

“Excellent service, good communication via regular e...”

written by on 15/03/2013

Excellent service, good communication via regular e mails and would certainly recommend for reliable travelling. Cheaper than booking with holiday company direct too!

“La Petitta VFM, delicious food, good skiing & short...”

written by DeniseT on 13/02/2013

I have used the same adviser for probably the last ten years to book our ski holidays. She is great, really knows her stuff and more importantly knows us and our requirements. We have always ended up with a good match. This year we wanted a short break – long weekend – as knees are getting worn. She recommended Sauze D’Oulx, not the main town but a small hamlet/village below – Jouvenceaux. Transfer times from Turin were great – about an hour. Jouvenceaux is much quieter than Sauze D’Oulx, cobbled streets, water fountains and lovely chapel with frescos which the villagers have restored. We stayed at Chalet La Petitta on a half board basis. Fantastic value for money! Food was extremely plentiful and all home cooked by the owner to traditional family recipes – very tasty. Good and reasonably priced wine was available serviced by the owner's friendly daughter – speaks exciting English. We all put on quite a few pounds despite the skiing. Four man chair- lift was less than a five minute walk away but there are ski locker facilities at the foot of the chair attached to the hotel/restaurant there. Good for a beer at the end of the day. We also discovered snack bar in the village serving local liquors/coffee /beer at very reasonable prices. Only downside to break was unreliable skibus into Sauze – they seem to run when they feel like it. This wasn’t an issue for us as we were only on a short break and were happy to relax after good days skiing at La Petitta but for those who want to sample the full on après ski then it is walkable – about 25 minutes. If you have your own transport then there appears to be a free carpark 5 mins walk away from chalet. Transport would enable you to visit linked ski resorts of Cesana, Sestriere, Claviere and Mont Getgenevre. A great place for a holiday – we were made to feel very welcome and were well looked after. Ensuite rooms warm and comfortable. We plan a return visit to La Petitta.

“Star Ski Chalets, 'Star Light'”

written by 30dora on 24/01/2013

Fiona at 'Skiline' found me a single room, at very short notice, in the village I insisted on! The Chalet Hotel was simple, clean and quite friendly, but a bit noisy (doors banging and plumbing). We had a little grumble about the food, which was noted and improoved. They said we could ski in from the peste, but you would need to be a prety good skier to get down the bank!! The bus stop was very close as we were on the main road! Not that it mattered once you are inside, and a lot less walking in ski boots! Ski rental came to the chalet and they supplied realy good equipment(and I have aukward feet!!) Transfers were a little hit and miss, but we got both ways with out too much trouble, and very little waiting!? A family with 3 small kids got transported to ski school every morning; and 3 of us were taken to the ice hocky (so we did not miss dinner!) The Skiline web site was very easy to use, and Fiona very helpfull; I had a great holiday thanks to all her hard work.

“club med les deux alpes 25/03/12 01/04/12 S. A.Rose ”

written by ClubMed on 03/04/2012

I enjoyed the holiday.tranfer good.on arrival room unavailable.it was not long to wait.room good 3 beds.very good bathroom.comfortable bed.breakfast food very good,lot of choice.same for lunch.evening meal lot of choice on the whole ok to good,it would be better to have a little less choice,and have the food better,beef,steak,tough even though rare,some fish over cooked, salmom cooked while you wait was very good, chichen, stews and many other foods were good.dessert lot of choice some very good,some look good taste ok to poor,little less,done better.BAR staff work very hard at bar and on stage.children and adult show very good - cool,for the whole week.the hotel was very clean everywhere,maid staff for room very good.recetion very helpful. two small points,there should be a large clock in the entrance as well as the small clock by the door with the weather.THE TOILETS near the bar and ski and boot room, SHOULD have more than one hand dryer.SKI school lessons on the whole good,though skiers want different things from their lessons,and some want to lean more skills of skiing,some wish to go fast,some are young and some are older, some just want a Guide to show them around with a small lesson on technic.the ski school instrutor should always make it fun, we are on holiday. try to get the right people together.I will go on holiday with Club Med again.well organised,good value and good fun,very very good for a person on his own.thank you club med.Mr S A ROSE. Membership number 15872976

“Fiona at skiline is brilliant, dilligent and didn't...”

written by janebrooke on 02/04/2012

Fiona at skiline is brilliant, dilligent and didn't stop looking until she found our perfect holiday. The chalet though basic was a 2 minute downhill walk to the slopes. Our chalet host was a brilliant cook and charming. Would definetly use Fiona at skiline again. Thanks for a great trip.

“Skiing in Val'disere with Ski Total”

written by candyfam on 02/02/2012

Getting there was long especially when we landed at chambrey and had to wait for another plain to land, so we could collect the rest of the party, but it was worth it, first time skiing and it was everything that i didnt expect, it was fantastic, chalet was lovely apart from the bed was a little hard, the food was great and plentiful,with as much wine as we wanted to drink,the rep was really helpful, sorting out lift passes and ski lessons and with just letting us know where and what to do, the chalet host Laura, was lovely, shame she will only be there for this season, cos i would like to see her next time we go back, the food she cooked was delish and if there was something you didnt like she would cook something different for you, the chalet Lo Soli is were we stayed and i reckon we had one of the best, it was quirky roomy and very very warm and welcoming, we will definitely be going back and to that very same chalet, thanks to all in the resort for your help, and to ski total and skiline, great place great skiing great people. Thank you Beverley and James Candy January 2012

“ www.skiline.co.uk ....Thank you we went to Ski Paradise”

written by on 26/01/2012

I booked with Ski Line 10 days prior to leaving for Aimee Le Plagne we had to be very specific with the dates due to work. And Fiona the Ski line rep was outstanding in the effort she went to find the requirements. What deal we were given can only be recognised now we are home from a great location, an outstanding hotel and the snow conditions were fantastic. The hotel was Club Med Aimee Le Plagne we were found an outstanding price for our hotel and flight and transfers which we all expect as standard on a ski trip but to have an all inclusive hotel,ski pass and fully inclusive meals, bar and ski school in the price just made this a fantastic holiday. A couple who had booked this holiday through the Club Med Web site paid £400 more than we had, The hotel was comfortable and clean the staff made every effort to make your stay. The food was to the most amazing standard and made a day on the slopes so easy as you knew you were able to have the drink of your choice from the bar and not a penny comes out of your purse. www.skiline.co.uk just gave us a holiday to remember for ever. Thank You

“winter ski holiday”

written by aberdeen on 17/10/2011

we have dealt with them for a number of years and have always found them great to deal with.their knowledge is good and they are helpful and think out of the box to give you what you want within the budget that you have. Friend of ours have started using them on our recommendation and they too have commented about their knowledge,friendly advice and speed of response. It is always nice to be able to speak to the same person year after year!

“ ”

written by on 28/01/2011

My family have been booking our annual pilgrimage to the alps with Ski Line for many years. I first started dealing with them when they first started up and worked from offices in West Wickham in Kent. They now have office in Bromley Kent. We have always found their advice to be honest and they always seem to get the best prices.

Resently one of their staff gave me the hard sell on a Club Med ski holiday, rather than our normal chalet, and although my wife wasn't that keen I decided to give it a try and I have to say it was the best ski holiday we ever had!

We would happily recommend this company to any skier or snow boarder looking for good advice on where to go and getting the best deal. The staff offer excellent service, something that is sadly rare these days.