Home Improvement Corporation Reviews - www.furniturebuyer.co.uk

Comment from Review Centre

As of the 23rd December 2010 Furniture Buyer has come under new managment. Reviews for the company before this period can be seen here- www.reviewcentre.com//reviews261619.html

“Fraudsters”

Written on: 23/09/2013 by Evert (1 review written)

I also have a CCJ against HOME IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION UK LIMITED. Unfortunately, I wasted fees instructing the bailiff to execute my warrant only to find it was a virtual office. This doesn't seem right. A Company registered office is supposed to be an address at which legal documents can be served. The director is involved in several other Companies including Uppal Interiors. They take your money and don't send the goods… Read Full Review

“Must be a fraud!”

Written on: 12/07/2013 by mgoulden (1 review written)

I ordered goods worth £232.75 in October 2012. They hadn't arrived by 23rd January 2013 so demanded a refund. Unsurprisingly, I didn't get one, despite several requests and 2 replies from them saying I would receive the refund within first 5 days then 2. I started court proceedings via Money Claim online and got judgment in my favour, but I would advise others in a similar situation to me to take care. My claim was against the then registered company of furniturebuyer, HOME IMPROVEMENT… Read Full Review

“How do this company get away with conning so many people ”

Written on: 12/06/2013 by BENSONBABY (2 reviews written)

Ordered and paid for Hampton Sideboard - delivery date constantly moved forward, then phone unavailable, but still getting emails - now no answer to emails either. I managed to speak to the management company at Watling Court - they have no office here, just use it for their mail and a person who seems to own Furniture Buyer has not collected his mail in over 2 months. At a loss where to go from here as the goods were paid for on a debit card - any suggestions anyone… Read Full Review

Mgoulden's Response to BENSONBABY's Review

Written on: 12/07/2013

I wouldn't start court proceedings. Because the registered address of the Home Improvement Corporation is a virtual address only, any court judgment can't be enforced by court bailiffs - no goods to take. I only learnt this after the fact and have now wasted a further £125 in court costs.

I have now found out that the registered company of furniturebuyer.co.uk has since changed from Home Improvement Corporation to Furniture Furniture Ltd. I can't instruct baillifs to execute my warrant against this company and so would have to start the court process all over again!

I could be wrong, but just in case I have reported them to actionfraud. I would urge you to do the same.

Read 1 Comment

“do not use this company”

Written on: 17/05/2013

I am aawaiting a refund from this company and it is now in the hands of my credit card company. Had the same problems no reply to phone or emails. even the delivery company have not responded so wonder if they are linked.am reporting them to trading standards… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE”

Written on: 13/05/2013

I am in same position as numerous others and very much wish that I'd read up on the company before using them! Hindsight is a great thing. I ordered a dining room table and 8 chairs in November 2012 and had table and 6 chairs delivered in December. I am still awaiting delivery of remaining 2 chairs and have now asked for a refund as it is evident that my charis will not appear anytime soon. I received an email today from the company, where they inform me that they are now in Administration… Read Full Review

“Do NOT Buy”

Written on: 13/05/2013

Had to give it a one star as there is no option - no stars! Do not buy from this company!!! I didn't listen to the reviews earlier and now am in trouble with this company. I made a large purchase, received one half of my order after more than two months of chasing them, it came broken!!!, never received another half and now had to set up a dispute through my bank to return my money!!! Nonsense!!! Consumers rights organization should investigate this company!!!… Read Full Review

“Do not buy from this company”

Written on: 06/05/2013

Ordered a dining table set with the website promising a 10 day delivery time. After paying online, I received a very suspicious sounding phone call claiming that the payment hadn't gone through (which it had) and could I please provide my card details again, which I refused. A number of weeks later and I still have no furniture despite payment being taken. They do not respond to emails and the telephone number given on the website appears to be dead. Trading Standards have been informed - do… Read Full Review

Allisonwright's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2013

I agree. I ordered furniture in March, the money was taken straight away. I was given a 'docking date' then delivery would be first week in May. I have had an e-mail today telling me I will not be getting my order and to claim my money back through my card company.

Read 1 Comment

“Cheap and nasty. Do not buy from this company.”

Written on: 03/05/2013

I am having very similar problems as all reviewers about this company. Goods 14 day delivery arrived after 3 1/2 months damaged even though I had actually cancelled the order as it was a gift and I did not think it would arrive on time. They said that they would replace, nothing happened, asked for refund and nothing happened. Have had to take this up with my credit card company to get my money back. Telephone number for comapny sometimes works and sometimes doesn't and they reply to e-mails… Read Full Review

“rauchmoebelstudio”

Written on: 01/05/2013 by Valway (1 review written)

I ordered rauch imperial 4 mirrored sliding door wardrobe from this company 11 weeks ago, on the website it stated upto 10 week delivery time so was'nt concerned until i tried to phone and email them to find out a delivery date, you just cannot get a reply through email and the phoneline is dead. Where do you go from here do you keep sending emails in the hope that you get a reply? I need to get some wardrobes as i've been living without for 3 months, but i don't want to order from someone else… Read Full Review

Valway's Response to Valway's Review

Written on: 02/08/2013

I have now had my money refunded in full from my credit card company, thankfully I used a credit card as it did offer some protection. This company should be put on Rogue Traders on T,V,

Read 1 Comment

“Dishonest company, possibly bankrupt”

Written on: 24/04/2013

Our goods never arrived. We chased and when we got through the guy said sorry and that he would issue a refund immediately. That never arrived either. Chasing by email finally got a response that told us that SagePay had 'mysteriously blocked' their ability to give us a refund. SagePay in turn said they only did this when they were having financial trouble with their customer (in this case furniturebuyer.co.uk). Now their phone line is dead and there is no answer from anyone. Sounds like they… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE”

Written on: 19/04/2013 by CMP74 (1 review written)

The one star is simply so that I can post this review, believe me if it was possible to award zero, I would! Ordered products totalling just over £526 in March, was contacted by this company a day or two later to told me that an employee had "inadvertently" refunded my order and was asked to pay again over the phone. I refused to do this as it was insecure and sounded dodgy. Instead I told them I would wait for the refund and then contact them to reorder the goods. No refund appeared in my… Read Full Review

“Ordered a table and chair set after weeks of delays...”

Written on: 19/04/2013

Ordered a table and chair set after weeks of delays and phone calls and emails to them items finally arrived but damaged a great crack in the table emailed them immediately after a week an examiner came out to inspect the table he confirmed it was a manufacturing fault and he would inform furniturebuyer after a couple of weeks of no response from them we rang and emailed them absolutely no reason again they are not bothered its now in the hands of solicitors and credit card company discussing… Read Full Review

“No delivery of goods. Do not use!”

Written on: 18/04/2013

Ordered our goods in February 2013. Told us it was in stock. It's not arrived. no communication from the company but finally got through via the sales telephone number. They said they will not refund, they refused. Started claim via credit card. I advise people to stay away from rhis company… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 11/04/2013 by LNB1 (1 review written)

I too have had the same bad experience the majority of people have had with using this company. Furniture ordered beginning Feb13 - 8 week delivery - no communication from the company regarding order confirmation - one phone call from them asking if I wanted to pay extra for the furniture to be assembled - thankfully I declined. Chased them for an update after the 8 weeks had elapsed - I too got the feeling I was dealing with a one-man band - at that point I was told the delivery couldn't be… Read Full Review

“Dishonest ”

Written on: 11/04/2013

I placed an order with Furniturebuyer.co.uk back in middle of December. Received one e-mail in mid. January advising that chairs now in stock but still waiting for table. Kept ring them to ask when table would arrive and kept being put off with two weeks time etc. Finally admitted in late February that they could,nt guarantee getting table and suggested I find an alternative or I could get a refund for table. As there was nothing else suitable I asked for a refund in writing on 28th February… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/04/2013

I going through a very similar problem. Furniturebuyer, Rauchstudio and Moebelstudio.co.uk all seem to be part of an umbrella company call Home Improvement Corporation. The latter is listed at Companies House as operating from Watling St, Cannock. HIC-Uk are the company showing on my bank statement and a call to the Insolvancy Service would suggest that they are still trading. My bank and local Trading Standards are investigating as well.

Cheatedpensioner's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2013

I have just been told by furniturebuyer that I cannot have my refund because Sage Pay are holding on to refunds for FOUR MONTHS. What a load of rubbish! I have confirmed with Sage Pay that they merely provide a financial system and have nothing to do with orders or issuing refunds. They must think customers are stupid! Unfortunately I paid by Debit Card so cannot get an automatic refund from my bank. I am a pensioner and they have taken my money. They are a disgrace,

Written on: 13/04/2013

You should contact your card issuer. They will be able to provide a refund as part of there protection policy.

Cheatedpensioner's Comment

Written on: 13/04/2013

Thanks. I am in the process of trying to do this. Hope no-one else is taken in by this company.

Read 4 Comments

“Took payment- never delivered- be aware!”

Written on: 08/04/2013

We ordered a table and paid at the start of February- the website said 5-7 days delivery. It's a no show and I have had no response to calls and emails. They have taken my money and gone silent! DO NOT USE THEM! Watch put as they trade under several names… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2013

do you by an chance know the names that they also use ?

Davep155's Comment

Written on: 30/04/2013

Unfortunately we have also been taken in by this Company. Other names they use include Uppal Interiors; Furniture Buyer and Furniture Brit.
The pattern of their 'trading' is depressingly similar.

Valway's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2013

rauchmoebelstudio, based in Hanley Stoke on Trent, Furniturebrit, Uppal Interiors, I'm pretty sure that theres more.

Davep155's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2013

Just received an email from furniture buyer to say that the company has gone into administration

Read 4 Comments

“Two lamp tables”

Written on: 28/03/2013 by belzebub124 (1 review written)

Ordered two lamp side tables on line (£300) Delivered early. Friendly efficient delivery guy. Goods perfect. I speak as i find. John Pagett, Kidderminster. 28.March 2013… Read Full Review

“good quality furniture”

Written on: 26/03/2013 by kerr67 (1 review written)

had no problems and real quality items recieved would certainly use again… Read Full Review

“Fraudulent Company! Beware!”

Written on: 25/03/2013

This company trades under a few different names, including Buyer Stores. Being an online marketer, it seems to me that they are trying to cover their bad reputation by: - setting up e-commerce websites under different brands So, if you order furniture, and then se Home Improvements Corp appearing on your bank statement, be worried! I paid for 3 pieces of furniture and was happy with the price, but then I received no order confirmation, no follow up call, nothing! Tried to call them many… Read Full Review

“would recommend to friends/family and everyone”

Written on: 22/03/2013 by jeanbarrow (1 review written)

I recently purchased Vancouver Petite Oak 2 Door 1 Drawer Glazed Display Cabinet NB032 from furniturebuyer.co.uk and I would like to comment that the experience has been fanstactic and delightful.The cabinet arrived within the specified timescale and the delivery people were very polite and professional and I would recommend this company to all my friends and family and to everyone… Read Full Review