The Mill House - Chippenham Reviews

• Quality of food

The Mill House - Chippenham - Ask a question now

“Excellent”

written by Abdullah30 on 14/04/2015

Loved this place.. had heard not very good reviews but as visited another store locally felt like continuing my evening and we stopped for an excellent meal with exceptional staff, the lady behind the bar who took our orders was marvellous and patient, we couldn't descide.. but we shall visit again soon...

“How can chips take so long to cook?”

written by on 21/08/2011

Whilst enjoying a casual evening with friends, it was decided that a majority would like to eat at The Mill House. As I had already eaten earlier in the day, I chose just a bowl of chips.....BIG mistake! The rest of my party sat down to a hearty plate of steak and chips with all the trimmings....fine....but where were my chips?....the rest had eaten theres, we asked twice more for the chips...but still no chips!!!!.......15 mins after the rest of my party had eaten and another table of 12 had been given their meals with chips, mine appeared.....I said that I didnt want them, went to the Duty manager and expressed how disappointed I was, where I was met with " You can have a refund!"......the waitress said "dont you want them now?!"...."ummm...I dont think so as everyone else had finished theirs!"....a refund and a glass of wine (no good to me as I was driving)..... There are so many lovely pubs within the area that deliver excellent service and food. It is such a shame, as The Mill Houdse is close to a large housing estate that makes it for easy eveings out and the ablility to walk to a pub......When I discussed this at work, it seems that im not the only one to have an experience of this sort.....

“ friend had asked me to go for an early lunch today...”

written by on 23/02/2011

friend had asked me to go for an early lunch today and had already picked this venue. On our last visit about 2 months ago the food wasn't really up to scratch poor presentation, luke warm and rubbery. Today it seemed totally different really taste , short wait for food and tasted fresh. Purhaps they changed the menu a little? Some of the waiting staff did seem a little bit wet behind the ears though. I would definatly be coming here again if the food stays like this.

“Very nice food with a very warm friendly environment!!...”

written by on 21/02/2011

Very nice food with a very warm friendly environment!! Great for families with children and food not to be missed!!! Saturday was a most excellent experience!

“The Mill House , chain pub that offers a large menu of...”

written by jcorbett on 05/01/2011

The Mill House , chain pub that offers a large menu of very predictable food and caters for families with a large childrens playpark, and child friendly menu etc, however the service is appalling, long wait for food , no clear idea of when it may arrive, and when it does you are not served at the same time, but at differing periods over twenty minutes between me , my wife, and my mother in laws food arriving. Table were cleaned after we sat down , and cleaned around us while we were eating , disinfectant sprayed around you when you are eating is not a good taste. The food it self was just overcooked , everything had that taste and texture of food left under heat for a long time. Its cheap , but not good quality the service was poor and begrudging, everything felt slightly soiled, and generally not a nice culinary experience, or place to be , decor is slightly upgraded travel lodge in appearance.